Wright clinches Bees deal (1 Viewer)

Coventry La La La

PA-8197569.jpg
Stephen Wright is eager to make his mark after securing a contract with Brentford until the end of the season.
The former Liverpool full-back was released by Coventry City in the summer and has recently been training with Brentford.
He made his debut as a substitute in Saturday's 4-2 win at Exeter City and Wright is looking forward to his time with the League One club.
"I feel I can bring experience to what is a fairly young squad," the 30-year-old told the club's official website.
"I've been here for the last week and have been impressed with the players.
"They are a very good bunch of lads and I thought their performance at Birmingham on Tuesday night was superb. So I will have to work hard to get into the side."
Bees boss Andy Scott added: "Stephen brings with him the experience and knowledge of the game from a higher level having played there his entire career.
"He will give us more competition in the one position where we have little cover and he should prove to be a valuable asset to the club."

BenInTurin

Facebook User
Glad to hear he's found a club. He was a bit too old and slow for the championship and was often our weak point even though he was our captain!

Nick

Administrator
I think Coleman ruined him by making him Captain. It made it so he could never be dropped no matter how poor he was.

Do I need to mention Portsmouth in the FA Cup?

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
Glad to hear he has found a new club, the other side of football when free agents can't find a team isn't pretty. Having said that the amount of time it has taken him to find a new club and the drop in division shows we were right to get rid of him - a lot of Championship clubs would snap your hands off for any free agent that is capable in this division. If Coleman was still here then so would Wright and I don't think we would be 4th right now... however I think a big thanks to Coleman is in hand because he left behind some star players and a solid base for Aidy to work off.

PUSB

Users who are viewing this thread