Yay! Getting there slowly but surely (1 Viewer)

pastythegreat

Just another 50% of nutters to straighten up. Then what will every body fight over? Have wars about?

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

shmmeee

Just another 50% of nutters to straighten up. Then what will every body fight over? Have wars about?

Don’t think either Trump or Kim Jong Un are particularly religious and they seem to be managing.

Personally I’ll be taking up arms in the great Apple V Android Wars.

pastythegreat

Don’t think either Trump or Kim Jong Un are particularly religious and they seem to be managing.

Personally I’ll be taking up arms in the great Apple V Android Wars.
Fair point. Suppose after religion there's always race to start on too.

Gazolba

I'm totally non-religious, but I pray I will win the lottery.

Kingokings204

I don't believe in god and heaven personally and if you don't agree you can go to hell.

Liquid Gold

Android all the way.

giphy.gif

covcity4life

also more people non religious and the countrys in worst state in years in terms of hate and anti social behavior,drink culture etc

coincidence?

as clint says its people that are the issue, but i do think religious people tend to have more manners and compassion(overall not everyone)

saw hacksaw ridge yesterday, i am sure those soldiers are glad their medic believed in god!

Otis

also more people non religious and the countrys in worst state in years in terms of hate and anti social behavior,drink culture etc

coincidence?

as clint says its people that are the issue, but i do think religious people tend to have more manners and compassion(overall not everyone)

saw hacksaw ridge yesterday, i am sure those soldiers are glad their medic believed in god!
Yep, it's obviously the extremists. The next door neighbours were devout Christians and were for the most part nice people.

No problem with individuals believing in God, but I do not care for the 'you must wear this,' 'you have to do that,' 'can't marry out of your faith' bollocks.

Just a form of controlling the people and most certainly didn't come from any god. You can tell that so much of the books, teachings and 'laws' are written BY men FOR men.

covcity4life

You have started a thread saying yes more people are starting to think like me. you are no different to the controlling types you dislike.

Otis

You have started a thread saying yes more people are starting to think like me. you are no different to the controlling types you dislike.
I am not controlling anyone though. My being happy more people are not religious is not my controlling anyone, it's just me commenting on a fact.

I am just delighted more people are thinking like me, but have done absolutely nothing to promote that stance, or indeed encouraged anyone to give up on their god.

Otis

And I do sincerely hope you are joking, cos your post makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Grendel

Yep, it's obviously the extremists. The next door neighbours were devout Christians and were for the most part nice people.

No problem with individuals believing in God, but I do not care for the 'you must wear this,' 'you have to do that,' 'can't marry out of your faith' bollocks.

Just a form of controlling the people and most certainly didn't come from any god. You can tell that so much of the books, teachings and 'laws' are written BY men FOR men.

People get controlled by many things. The new God to the indulgent youth is the latest iPhone and social media. The prophets are the characters of ghastly programmes like Love Island and Big Brother.

Like it or not but religion in its moderate form shows qualities of respect, tolerance and kindness.

I suspect many of the attendees at the Chesterfield game weren't at Mass the next day.

Grendel

Exactly. I am not taking about religion in its moderate form.

Your title suggests that religion diminishing is positive. The survey is massively aimed at C of E and Catholism. It's primary reason is hardly any young consider religion.

The degeneration of social responsibility suggests this is little to enthuse over.

Otis

Your title suggests that religion diminishing is positive. The survey is massively aimed at C of E and Catholism. It's primary reason is hardly any young consider religion.

The degeneration of social responsibility suggests this is little to enthuse over.
I merely welcome it because to me it is abundantly clear that God doesn't exist.

Reactions: vow

Grendel

I merely welcome it because to me it is abundantly clear that God doesn't exist.

A God to many sectors of society will always exist. When one God becomes less popular another will appear.

Otis

A God to many sectors of society will always exist. When one God becomes less popular another will appear.
If another appears now though it will have science to back it up or explain it.

2,000 years so little was known that now has been explained. Testimony and 'evidence' now can be checked.

You feed the 5,000 now and there will be at least 2,000 on their phones filming it.

Let's see just how many miracles are now manifest in front of the hoardes.

Gazolba

2,000 years so little was known that now has been explained. Testimony and 'evidence' now can be checked.

You feed the 5,000 now and there will be at least 2,000 on their phones filming it.

Religious fanatics never let lack of evidence get in their way.
There will always be some small remote mountain village in Italy where a young girl will see a 'heavenly light'.

Johnnythespider

Like this "undeniable miracle"

skybluetony176

I sort of envy people with faith. If you completely believe in your faith regardless of what that faith is you believe you're moving on to whatever you believe is next. As an atheist I have to accept that this is it. When I go it's over and there's not much comfort in that.

Users who are viewing this thread