Yesterday As Good As 87 ? (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

I was there in 87 and again yesterday. But strangely enjoyed our Checkatrade Trophy win more than winning the FACup. Only reason for that I can see is that this season has been miserable,and on the verge of relegation,so yesterday gave us something to cheer about.
Don't get me wrong 87 was awesome and will remain with me forever,but the feeling leaving Wembley after beating Oxford felt just as good. Anybody else agree ?

rob9872

Totally agree. I was at both and don't know if it's an age thing or that I appreciate it more after so much disappointment. Guess first time around I'd have taken more in if I knew it would be another 30 years.

bringbackrattles

Totally agree. I was at both and don't know if it's an age thing or that I appreciate it more after so much disappointment. Guess first time around I'd have taken more in if I knew it would be another 30 years.
Still got a big smile on my face from our win yesterday.
Just seeing our young fans enjoying it all will stay with me, they deserve it as much as older ones like me and you.

RFC

I was there in 87 and again yesterday. But strangely enjoyed our Checkatrade Trophy win more than winning the FACup. Only reason for that I can see is that this season has been miserable,and on the verge of relegation,so yesterday gave us something to cheer about.
Don't get me wrong 87 was awesome and will remain with me forever,but the feeling leaving Wembley after beating Oxford felt just as good. Anybody else agree ?

Appreciated Sunday more than 87' basically because I'm older and wasn't as 'uptight', perhaps the expectation level was lower too and think the other 43,500 + helped make the atmosphere electric. The win and celebrations were a bonus, what a great family day-out! PUSB

Gazolba

I enjoyed it more because it's fresher in my memory. I can't remember what I ate for lunch yesterday. Also, this time around we did not have to depend on an own-goal to help us.

CovBurty

Nothing compares to 87. By far our greatest achievement. An Historic competition. Founded in 1872. Many historic teams as winners. Many outstanding famous players winners and losers. We actually deservedly won this cup against top teams. My boyhood dream. FA Cup final v Check-a-Trade 3rd and 4th division clubs. I will keep my 1987 Coventry City day out at Wembley any day.

rob9872

Many would argue the fa cup lost some of its charm since the birth of sky, but I couldn't have enjoyed yesterday more if it was the champions league final instead of the efl trophy. It's all relative and the look on my daughters face made it all the more special.

CovBurty

Many would argue the fa cup lost some of its charm since the birth of sky, but I couldn't have enjoyed yesterday more if it was the champions league final instead of the efl trophy. It's all relative and the look on my daughters face made it all the more special.
if it was special for you all good. for all the same reasons 87 pre- sky was my special day

clint van damme

there were certainly aspects of Sunday I enjoyed as much as 87 and though it doesn't rank alongside 87 as an achievement as a day out it was right up there.

CovBurty

there were certainly aspects of Sunday I enjoyed as much as 87 and though it doesn't rank alongside 87 as an achievement as a day out it was right up there.
Yes I would agree with your sentiments, as this season was notable for its lack of winning games, Sunday was a massive bonus as we unexpectedly won another game. In front of many fans who have not seen City win a game this season. All good.

Users who are viewing this thread