yoga/pilates (1 Viewer)

clint van damme

just turned 49 and enjoy 5 a side and a bit of jogging but been one injury after another recently.

Thinking of trying yoga or pilates to make me a bit more supple and improve my core. Any one got any experience of either of them?

Sky_Blue_Daz

A friend of mine recommends a guy called DDP (he's an ex wrestler) who developed a yoga plan
He has videos on you tube, my friends lost about a stone and a half and says it down to that

ajsccfc

Yoga is fantastic for posture and things like back pain, I think it'd be perfect for you. I used to have a lower back problem now and then when it'd almost seize up and I'd lose movement, haven't had it for years.

SkyBlueScottie

Pilate's concentrates on core strengthening, I did a lot after finding out I had a couple of Herniated discs in the Spine. Yoga is more of an all round activity and targets different areas around the body. Both very good

eastwoodsdustman

just turned 49 and enjoy 5 a side and a bit of jogging but been one injury after another recently.

Thinking of trying yoga or pilates to make me a bit more supple and improve my core. Any one got any experience of either of them?

Knee and ankle injuries? Try cycling instead. Keeps you fit without all of the impact on the joints. It will strengthen your core too.

Nick

Administrator
I'm the same, can't jog at all due to impact on knees.

Have to use cross trainer rather than treadmill :(

Sky_Blue_Daz

That's so weird I used to go on the treadmill or cross trainer and that hurt my knee
I took up road running and I've not had a problem

Sky_Blue_Daz

Really? I get pain in bottom back too

Went to Coventry runner and got proper trainers too
I've got proper running trainers too much prefer road running compared to treadmills

speedie87

Recommend the Ryan giggs fitness DVD

mix of yoga Pilates a lot of seems really easy but holding the core stuff on the Abs finishes you off

Marty

I do Pilates, road running and cycling.

Pilates is fantastic, I just use videos from youtube, some great advice and workouts available for nothing.

I can recommend Coventry Runner, they film you running and pick the trainers that best suit your running style. Most comfortable trainers I've ever had, can run for miles and not had any injury problems since I've had them either. I would recommend getting some compression clothing as well, a lot of conflicting information on their effects but I feel better using them and feel that I recover quicker.

lifeskyblue

I'm 57 and have been recommended doing tai-chi. I have been told it v good for developing core strength etc. Not done it as yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread