Young and Downing- Villa let us go (1 Viewer)

Coventry La La La

Aston-Villa-Stewart-Downing-cropped

Ashley Young has dropped the biggest hint yet he is ready to quit Aston Villa for either Manchester United or Liverpool.

And in a devastating blow for Villa, winger Stewart Downing has confirmed he also wants to leave, with Liverpool and Arsenal keen to sign him. Both players are due to feature for England in Saturday’s Euro 2012 qualifier against Switzerland at Wembley.
But Villa fans are more focused on the domestic situation of the pair, with neither player willing to commit their futures to the club.

Young admitted he will reveal his destination after talks next week.

He said:

"I’ve always said I’m going to talk to the chairman and the manager after this game.

“I’ve always said the same thing. I have given 100 per cent in every game I have played for Villa and I’ll continue to do that. I’m away with England now and my focus is fully on England-Switzerland.”
Young also admitted watching United’s Champions League Final on Saturday wishing he was playing in it.

He added:
“As a kid, you always want to play in the biggest competitions. I am no different. I did find myself sat there thinking: ‘I wish I was out there.’”

Asked whether a move to Old Trafford was imminent, he added: “
It’s always nice to have speculation. But I just have to concentrate on England’s game and prepare as I always do. We know it’s going to be a massive game.”

Meanwhile, Downing revealed he is desperate to join a Champions League club so he can experience the winning mentality enjoyed by so many of his England team-mates.
He said: “
You can see a lot of players are mentally strong. If you are in these type of competitions like the Champions League, you are used to winning.
“You can see the determination they have.”

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread