Your own new political party (2 Viewers)

Otis

Blank canvas. You start your own new party. What would be your core beliefs and aims and policies?

I keep hearing of Theresa May talking about us being strong and stable, but for me a fairer and more equal society would be much, much higher up on the agenda.

As sure a bear shitting in the woods you can guarantee the rich keep getting richer.

So, be it the Northern Wisdom Party, or the Nick Party, what would YOUR own party stand for and what would be its core strategy and aims?

Manifesto here please. :)

pastythegreat

Hard Brexit for me! This idea of a soft Brexit is something dreamt up by remainers that involves everything that staying in the EU gives us. There's no such thing as Hard or Soft Brexit! You're in or you're out! Simple as! There is no in between!

Security. Security would be one of my biggest points! I honestly feel were sleep walking into a European Army. And having worked with Dutch, Americans and the Danish in Iraq I don't trust any of them to look after my security or futre! So maximum gdp into the armed forces.

Same as above with police and fire service. Do a great job but are MASSIVELY short on everything they need to keep us safe!

Stricter rules/laws on anybody involved in any kind of terrorist activities.

More gdp into the NHS. Again , unsung heroes who work miracles on a shoestring.

And no, I don't have a Jeremy Corbyn style bottomless purse! I get there is no money to do everything.

Lefties will collapse now reading this.
I'd save money by stopping health tourists. If you have no fixed address in this country and have been here less than 6 months then sorry your not using our NHS!
And how many billions do we spend on foreign aid every year? We need £3billion more for the NHS you say? Take it from the foreign aid pot!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Otis

No Brexit for me. I voted to remain.

Would definitely aim for a redress in wealth for starters. We should never, ever be in a position of people needing to be supported by food banks.

Grendel

Would definitely aim for a redress in wealth for starters. We should never, ever be in a position of people needing to be supported by food banks.

Why given welfare support and tax credits does anyone need food banks?

eastwoodsdustman

Loads of reasons Grendel, 50 inch Tellys, Latest smartphones, and not forgetting 20 fags a day are staples of peoples lives now. Why buy food when you can spend it on gadgets and get food handed out for free with a nice dollop of sympathy??

I know I'm generalising here but there are a fair few people who live like this I'm sorry to say.

Ian1779

Food banks are a failure of our 'modern' society.

Loads of reasons Grendel, 50 inch Tellys, Latest smartphones, and not forgetting 20 fags a day are staples of peoples lives now. Why buy food when you can spend it on gadgets and get food handed out for free with a nice dollop of sympathy??

I know I'm generalising here but there are a fair few people who live like this I'm sorry to say.

There are far more people hiding their money offshore so they don't pay the tax they should do....

clint van damme

you are generalising.
I've worked with hard working people who I found out were using food banks and I was shocked.
Poorly paid but not eligible for benefits. Using those who take advantage to try and deny those who have real need is shameful.
Perhaps if we weren't subsidising the upkeep of millionaires stately homes or redecorating MPs parents homes through expense fraud there might be a bit more to go round.

Rich

Just because you have your own political party does not mean you can change the will of the people.

Brexit is happening as it has been voted for.

covcity4life

i think if i had free reisgn i would be ultra strict for a decade until my rules became second nature to citizens

would bring back morals, politeness and compassion for everyone

would take punishments and pissing lazy people off but eventually would work.

covcity4life

I find that hard to believe coming from you.

you would be one of the people who would have to change or be punished quite frankly.

i am the nicest guy on this forum with the biggest heart. although i need to work on my ego.

olderskyblue

Food banks are a failure of our 'modern' society.

There are far more people hiding their money offshore so they don't pay the tax they should do....

But his point is valid all the same.

Growing up, my dad had a job, but my mum had to work part time in the evenings for us to get by. I remember our first TV being delivered when I was about 7 (rental of course) We had sweets from my dad every Thursday night. That was it. He struggled to buy a car. Holidays were paid for by "bull week" just before you went. At Christmas, we got 1 present each. Never, ever, did we have to go beg for food off someone else.

Friends of my daughter are on benefits, and they take the maximum they can get, and they know the "rules" well enough to know what to say when interviewed to get the maximum from it. They have 2 cars, big tellies, smoke and drink regularly at the pub, and always take foreign holidays. Kids have ipads, phones, those electric skateboard things etc etc.

They were the first to moan about the "bedroom" tax even though they didn't need a place with a 3rd bedroom, except for their lodger of course, who pays rent (don't think they mention that to the benefits office...)

I doubt very much that this is an isolated incident, more a nationwide issue, and I wonder just how much it is costing the Country?

I guess in my day, people used to "cut their cloth" as they say... How many do now?

NorthernWisdom

They have 2 cars, big tellies, smoke and drink regularly at the pub, and always take foreign holidays. Kids have ipads, phones, those electric skateboard things etc etc.
They do better than me, then ;)

I think it's harsh to condemn all for the acts of some. You say about cutting cloth... I hardly have a lifestyle of fast cars and fast women, however much I'd like, well... the cars. I can do OK though, and maybe yeah I am old fashioned in that I don't borrow to buy the fast car etc... I'll save up.

And likewise, some will always play the system. They should be caught, but those who don't shouldn't be punished because of them.

Anyway, when I'm leader of the free world, my first act will be to ban Thomas Hardy, and burn all his books.

Otis

Just because you have your own political party does not mean you can change the will of the people.

Brexit is happening as it has been voted for.
You do realise this is make believe, Rich, don't you?

IF you had your own political party and could change the map of this country.

Whether people actually voted for Brexit is completely irrelevant here.

olderskyblue

I think it's harsh to condemn all for the acts of some. You say about cutting cloth... I hardly have a lifestyle of fast cars and fast women, however much I'd like, well... the cars. I can do OK though, and maybe yeah I am old fashioned in that I don't borrow to buy the fast car etc... I'll save up.

And likewise, some will always play the system. They should be caught, but those who don't shouldn't be punished because of them.

Anyway, when I'm leader of the free world, my first act will be to ban Thomas Hardy, and burn all his books.

Not condemning all, but I do wonder what the percentage is of the real "needy" versus the scroungers. I have no idea of course, but I don't know anyone that would have to use a food bank, other than it's a cheap way of getting food, innit... ;)

Oh, except for my daughter. She uses my place as a food bank. She tells me i'm lucky she doesn't do a "big shop" when she comes here.... :emoji_laughing:

Otis

Yeah, he was never the same after Stan died was he. :(

clint van damme

i think if i had free reisgn i would be ultra strict for a decade until my rules became second nature to citizens

would bring back morals, politeness and compassion for everyone

would take punishments and pissing lazy people off but eventually would work.

a lot of fuckers on this board would be in trouble.

Ian1779

Put ministers in positions where they had legitimate experience (health, education, defence).
No government contracts for companies that aren't based in the UK for tax purposes.
No selling of weapons to countries full stop.
An immediate halt on refurbishment to Houses of Parliament, Buckingham Palace until child poverty is completely eradicated.
Scrap HS2.

That's just Day 1

bringbackrattles

What's Thomas Hardy done to incur your wrath ? I thought Far From The Madding Crowd was a book about Joy Sepalla and her staying away from the Ricoh ?

Rich

You do realise this is make believe, Rich, don't you?

IF you had your own political party and could change the map of this country.

Whether people actually voted for Brexit is completely irrelevant here.
Ahh balls. I thought I was dreaming.

This keeps happening you know. I think I'm having a dream about arguing on SBT and I then realise the CC4L actually is real.

ovduk78

Sort the tax system out. All corporate or personal income earned in the UK should pay UK tax and none of this non-domicile status.

Grendel

What happens if you don't qualify for benefits but are still poorly paid?

Well then they adjust their lifestyle to reflect.

It would perhaps be a good idea for those who talk about poverty to actually understand what the word actually means. They should take a walk down a township in Africa or the streets of Mumbai.

The problem I'm afraid is that a lot of people expect in their base needs things only attained through actual accumulation of wealth and complain if they haven't got it. If they want a better lifestyle get a better job

The first thing that needs to be done is an actual reduction in the welfare state. Not the pretend reduction this government has done.

The welfare system should be a safety net and not a lifestyle choice and benefits should reduce for long term users.

High rate tax bands should be heightened considerably to encourage middle classes to spend money. Real tax breaks offered to those who opt out the state health and education systems, restriction on university places so to ensure a higher quality degree, return of grammar education, ban on drag hunting, ban on any form of animal experimentation, far higher prison sentences for animal neglect.

There that's a start to a better country where all people can have self respect

Terry Gibson's perm

Put ministers in positions where they had legitimate experience (health, education, defence).
No government contracts for companies that aren't based in the UK for tax purposes.
No selling of weapons to countries full stop.
An immediate halt on refurbishment to Houses of Parliament, Buckingham Palace until child poverty is completely eradicated.
Scrap HS2.

That's just Day 1

Love the idea of ministers working in a field where they have some knowledge experience always drives me mad when they have a shuffle and somebody goes from transport to the chancellor of the exchequer and then you find out they got a d at gcse maths.

Nick

Administrator
Bloody scroungers living the high life on benefits

Sadly there are actual people who need benefits and the NHS etc because of disability. :(

There are plenty who do milk it and should have the benefits stopped to make sure money is going to people who do really need it.

Go into a Wetherspoons in the afternoon to see where a lot of benefits goes. I know a few people who live the dream but are on benefits :(

Lots of people truly need them and should get them, plenty of others don't actually need them.

Grendel

Bloody scroungers living the high life on benefits

The issue is though there are always disabled people who require benefits. There is no excuse for anyone being unemployed in this country beyond 12 months - no excuse at all.

Users who are viewing this thread