Youth players signing new deals (1 Viewer)

larry_david

Reece Ford 1 year with optional further year.
Kyle finn the same
Jordan thompson 2 year with option of further year.

Big day for academy boys! I've heard finn Thompson potential to be first teamers, anyone seen them play for the u18s??

Otis

Think they were expecting big things from Billy Stedman, but he hasn't yet threatened the first team squad, whereas Finn has had a little taste.

Been with us now for nearly two years.

wingy

Definitely seen him play wide right .
Latest CT reference says either full back or advanced.
Personal opinion, like Dion to diminutive to be a successful full back option.

Sky Blue Harry H

Definitely seen him play wide right .
Latest CT reference says either full back or advanced.
Personal opinion, like Dion to diminutive to be a successful full back option.

Dion - to diminutive? Or did you mean Dion toManutd
dubllin97.jpg

SlowerThanPlatt

Hickman has been used more as a winger this season, he was a full back in the 18s but I think the manager and coaches at the club see him as a wide player.

Thompson good player. He went to Barrow (league below us) and did well, rare that a non league club would take an 18 year old centre half on loan and actually play him usually they prefer experienced pros in that position.

Unfortunately, this as good as confirms Bayliss’ contract expires at the end of the season. He’s the only one not to sign any extension - Camwell 2 years, Ponticelli 4 years and the others today

wingy

Hickman has been used more as a winger this season, he was a full back in the 18s but I think the manager and coaches at the club see him as a wide player.

Thompson good player. He went to Barrow (league below us) and did well, rare that a non league club would take an 18 year old centre half on loan and actually play him usually they prefer experienced pros in that position.

Unfortunately, this as good as confirms Bayliss’ contract expires at the end of the season. He’s the only one not to sign any extension - Camwell 2 years, Ponticelli 4 years and the others today
Was Cammy 2 years, goody.
You'd better tell Clive re Bayliss he's convinced it's two years, although that doesn't mean he may not move, but can't should we choose that option.
This really needs clearing up.
Could somebody tweet Eakin and ask which source condirmed it as TWO YEARS,....PLEASE!!!!!

Otis

I just wonder how much it is going to cost us in not getting a contract for Bayliss.

We all think he is going in the summer anyway, but under contract I just wonder how much we could have got for him.

wingy

I just wonder how much it is going to cost us in not getting a contract for Bayliss.

We all think he is going in the summer anyway, but under contract I just wonder how much we could have got for him.
Not that much Otis given that formula /Data provided by the body who decide .(Available in the Bayliss thread)
He will have to reject an offer, IF HE IS OUT OF CONTRACT this summer.
On their formula it will be under £500K,
possibly as low as £200K-£300K with add ons. From their formula that's probably what we got for GT and less for Harries.
Not promising and probably a consequence of the Division we're in.
It brings into question the Academy for me If we end up shipping 4or so to raise a Million.

Terry Gibson's perm

They should offer any of the young ones a deal with an option to extend held by the club

wingy

I'm still wondering If Robins ignored the advice of coaches around his ability ?
Or ignored somebody (Boardroom /Contracts who'd end up pants down.
(Again only if he's on a one year and not TWO ).

SlowerThanPlatt

He was the first name on the team sheet and the captain of a very successful U18 side but I never looked at him and thought he would play so many games in our first team this season so if they gave him a 1 year contract like the others I wouldn’t be surprised.

I’m sure they’re trying very hard to keep him but when Championship and Premier League sides recognise his talent theres only one way it’s going to go which is sad

Sky Blue Harry H

I’m sure they’re trying very hard to keep him but when Championship and Premier League sides recognise his talent theres only one way it’s going to go which is sad

A shame - especially when he will probably end up like Ben Stevenson, and rarely play - that said, we can't afford to compete with the wages on offer (especially whilst trying to service a £2m a year interest payment to ARVO)

SlowerThanPlatt

Yep, unfortunately we have to accept where we are currently are and realise any player who comes in our first team and shows some promise will have his suitors and they’ll be more attractive than us.

Derby were after Bayliss. That wouldn’t be a bad move from his point of view obviously I’d rather he stayed with us but going to a Championship side being around the match day 18 is much better than being in a Premier League’s U23 side

SlowerThanPlatt

Hickman another for 2020. Heard good things about him also. Sayoud next?

Sayoud hasn’t been in the last few U23 squads - he may just be injured but usually around this time players are told whether they’re getting a new contract and if they’re not they are free to trial elsewhere. His contract expires this season

no_loyalty

Sayoud hasn’t been in the last few U23 squads - he may just be injured but usually around this time players are told whether they’re getting a new contract and if they’re not they are free to trial elsewhere. His contract expires this season

Do they still play U23's even if they are out on loan at non league clubs? isn't Sayoud at Mickelover Sports?

NorthernWisdom

I'm still wondering If Robins ignored the advice of coaches around his ability ?
Or ignored somebody (Boardroom /Contracts who'd end up pants down.
(Again only if he's on a one year and not TWO ).
The other way of looking at it is he was hurried in (luckily) to get him some games so compensation would be more if and when he moved... or to give him games to hopefully encourage him to stay.

tbh, there's no real right answer with youngsters. Giving Ponticelli a four year deal could be inspired... or it may end up a disaster!

Otis

The other way of looking at it is he was hurried in (luckily) to get him some games so compensation would be more if and when he moved... or to give him games to hopefully encourage him to stay.

tbh, there's no real right answer with youngsters. Giving Ponticelli a four year deal could be inspired... or it may end up a disaster!
To sum up, we don't know if he is going to be David Ginola or David Bell.

Irish Sky Blue

Not that much Otis given that formula /Data provided by the body who decide .(Available in the Bayliss thread)
He will have to reject an offer, IF HE IS OUT OF CONTRACT this summer.
On their formula it will be under £500K,
possibly as low as £200K-£300K with add ons. From their formula that's probably what we got for GT and less for Harries.
Not promising and probably a consequence of the Division we're in.
It brings into question the Academy for me If we end up shipping 4or so to raise a Million.
Didn’t the clubs agree a fee for GT? Didn’t think it went to tribunal so therefore maybe got a bit more.

skyblue025

I think what helped with GT was the youth tournament he played in for Wales that summer. Scored some goals and think he got in the team of the tournament so that put a few quid on his price.

Users who are viewing this thread