In summary (3 Viewers)

Paxman II

Lots of teams fade toward the last few games when either nothing is riding on it, or everything is riding on it. Psychologically it becomes a different game.
Sad then that I predicted Norwich to lose one for that very reason, and had we won where we should have, then we would easily of made the playoff's. The cup run was as always a major hurdle against us. Many will question that as the reason for our late slump and they would be right.
Next season will be the toughest league yet for a very long time. Those coming down and thos coming up prove what a task it will be. There are some big clubs in there the likes we have not seen before at all in this league at the same time.
We have the strike force, with the Posh guy adding to it, we need to get the rest right including a Hamer replacement along side Sheaf and Torp. Defensively we need a leader too, and a top goalkeeper. The Palmer/O'Hare role must be replaced with a top player. If we don't do that it will be a long hard season.

zuni

Eccles is shit...fuck it said it...tell me different...shippers was just as good and he wasn't good enough at this level...fuckers saying he's got better well woohoo he's still not good enough..

PVA

Eccles is shit...fuck it said it...tell me different...shippers was just as good and he wasn't good enough at this level...fuckers saying he's got better well woohoo he's still not good enough..

Eccles is absolutely miles ahead of Shipley.

Eccles has had PL scouts watching him apparently and tbh I'm not surprised. Can see him out growing us in a season or two if we don't get promoted and he keeps improving at the same rate.

MrBlueFace

He'll win the most improved player award, which is normal given out of sympathy, but he actually deserves it. Surprised he hasn't been snapped up by Scotland yet, he looks Scottish.

zuni

Seen some questionable views on here but Shipley is just as a good as Eccles might just be the worst one yet
The reason...both not good enough for what we need but this lot purr over what is a mediocre player...tries but just isn't good enough

clint van damme

Clown, get to bed!

Littlewood CCFC

The reason...both not good enough for what we need but this lot purr over what is a mediocre player...tries but just isn't good enough
Yeah, I get your reasoning I just don't agree and think Eccles is a good player with a lot of room to develop still

sotvtoday

Lots of teams fade toward the last few games when either nothing is riding on it, or everything is riding on it. Psychologically it becomes a different game.
Sad then that I predicted Norwich to lose one for that very reason, and had we won where we should have, then we would easily of made the playoff's. The cup run was as always a major hurdle against us. Many will question that as the reason for our late slump and they would be right.
Next season will be the toughest league yet for a very long time. Those coming down and thos coming up prove what a task it will be. There are some big clubs in there the likes we have not seen before at all in this league at the same time.
We have the strike force, with the Posh guy adding to it, we need to get the rest right including a Hamer replacement along side Sheaf and Torp. Defensively we need a leader too, and a top goalkeeper. The Palmer/O'Hare role must be replaced with a top player. If we don't do that it will be a long hard season.
Plenty of people on here saying that the league next season will be much easier than this one.

shepardo01

You mention Norwich.
I haven't looked, but can somebody post our stats/form from/including that game (Norwich away) until the end of the season.
I don't think "the last few games" have been the issue - we've been off it since way before then.

Blind-Faith

Eccles is 24, made over 100 league appearances and has improved every season with us. Can’t wait till he’s the same age as sheaf in a couple of years with another 50-60 games under his belt.

He is contracted to us till 2027 and I’d be surprised if he is still here by then.

Jamesimus

Wow. Shippers seemed like a great lad but god Eccles is streets ahead as a player …

For a start, ignoring all footballing ability, Eccles has a great engine and isn’t dead on his feet after one half of a game. Other than his shooting, he’s better in basically every aspect of the game than Shipley. I think his progression this season suggests that he could get better too.

Paxman II

Well put it this way; Would you swap Eccles for Hamer? If the answer is yes, then no reflection on young Mr Eccles but if we are to get stronger then there is the answer.

fatso

And you are a weapons grade c**t!

Macca

Wouldn’t say it was an amazing season. It was the transitional season we expected. A few spectacular games but also a lot of mediocrity. Not complaining as we did ok and exactly as I expected but not amazing

ProfessorbyGrace

Imagine if Eccles had a right peg like Shipley’s left…

Anyway, I just hope MR has a COH and Gus replacement lined up, at the very least. Palmer is not the answer, and Torp has a long way to go.

We need someone in that midfield, to keep it together and drive forward. Kelly was too tidy and way past it, and Sheaf is just not capable of carrying/marshalling a midfield. I trust MR though. Undoubtedly.

Also hope we utilise the loan market more effectively.

Onwards and upwards. 👆

hamil99

Facebook User
I think if we sign a decent DM and GK, it will massively help our defence out.

We are really missing a mobile shield Infront of the 2 CB's which is needed if you play 4 at the back. To often the defenders have been exposed by a lack of a proper DM covering players and space in front of the penalty box.

Don't get me started on Collins, he's definitely not the answer. If you ignore the constant mistakes he makes and just look at his general play, it's rubbish. He always punches, even when it would be an easy catch, can't kick, only thing going for him is the occasional spectacular save.

Spend the money on those two positions and add some more depth throughout the squad and I believe we could push for autos next year.

hamil99

Facebook User
People moan about Eccles then ask for unproven players like Kyprianou. Eccles is a proven championship midfielder now and a good performer, really not sure why some fans hate that. Maybe because we didn’t sign him for 5 million.

If we sold Eccles right now he'd get a championship club without a question. He's a championship midfielder through and through, with potential to improve a lot.

ptr

If we sold Eccles right now he'd get a championship club without a question. He's a championship midfielder through and through, with potential to improve a lot.
It’s the same people that once they’ve said a player isn’t good enough, will refuse to change their opinion no matter what.

It’s as clear as day he’s a good championship midfielder.

hamil99

Facebook User
It’s the same people that once they’ve said a player isn’t good enough, will refuse to change their opinion no matter what.

It’s as clear as day he’s a good championship midfielder.

It's funny how he's seemed never to be embraced by the cov fans for being one of our own like Bayliss and Shipley were. Even though he's clearly a better player than both of them.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Eccles is a good squad player but we need better in the starting 11. Not quite good enough.

Eccles in my opinion has been better than an overrated Sheaf this season. Yet, one of them is a squad player, and the other is going to the premier league for £20 million?

Now, that is outstanding.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

It's been an acceptable season overall. Pushing for the play-offs until near the end, with a good cup run as a bit of compensation for falling away.

Just annoyed that it took so long for the management team to work out the way we were playing wasn't suiting the players available when many on here said it wasn't working a lot earlier. Feels like a bit of a missed opportunity.

But still optimistic towards next year as we've got a lot of capable players already bedded in and on long contracts. Hopefully we won't lose (m)any of the integral players and players like Torp will improve with a pre-season.

If Gyokeres and Hamer could both move giving us a transfer kitty even better.

clint van damme

Seriously you wouldn’t swap Eccles for Hamer in our current team?

I don't think that would ever be a choice.
Eccles performed well alongside Hamer.
If I had to have one or the other, then yes, it would be Hamer, but that isn't ever going to be a scenario .

Users who are viewing this thread