USSR invades Ukraine. (7 Viewers)

fatso

Didn’t mean to make you feel insecure about your fave YouTuber!
I never said anything about him being my favourite, just thought the guy being interviewed by him (Larry Johnson) seemed to have a reasonable handle on the current situation.

You on the other hand didn't even listen to the interview because you've decided that you don't like the guy asking the questions.

But still thought it was prudent to add a negative comment, which is unbelievably bizarre.

skyblueelephant76

I never said anything about him being my favourite, just thought the guy being interviewed by him (Larry Johnson) seemed to have a reasonable handle on the current situation.

You on the other hand didn't even listen to the interview because you've decided that you don't like the guy asking the questions.

But still thought it was prudent to add a negative comment, which is unbelievably bizarre.
I did watch the video and 'reasonable handle on the current situation' is an interesting way to describe it.

Johnson has been spouting vitriolic nonsense for years, coming out with constant unsubstantiated claims and happy to share his views with propagandists.

He claimed Zelenskiy has stolen billions and had his political opponents killed (I think he's getting confused with Putin).

He also spouts the same neo-nazi rubbish as Putin:

1000029642.jpg

1000029644.jpg

Attachments

• 1000029647.jpg
    1000029647.jpg
    470.4 KB · Views: 6

Grendel

Zelensky has had to cancel his various planned trips abroad due to Russian advances.

Im sure with all their lives lost and they only had 1 tank at the parade this has to be propaganda

skybluetony176

Slovakia PM shot, apparently after he's expressed a more tolerant attitude to Russia?
Possibly too early to tell but he’s definitely pro Russian. I read an article a month or two back where he’d pledged to not send one more penny to Ukraine only for the general public to raise $1M dollars from donations for Ukraine to buy ammunition.

Been kicking off in Georgia too this week. Mass protests in the streets as the government is trying to push more pro Russian legislation through.

Eastern Europe is a tinderbox at the moment.

wingy

Possibly too early to tell but he’s definitely pro Russian. I read an article a month or two back where he’d pledged to not send one more penny to Ukraine only for the general public to raise $1M dollars from donations for Ukraine to buy ammunition.

Been kicking off in Georgia too this week. Mass protests in the streets as the government is trying to push more pro Russian legislation through.

Not been following it closely but saw something about Georgia this week, women don't know who suggesting it's not aligned with the population,85% of electorate express a more western desire?

Sick Boy

Yeah and the general public also voted him into power with the pledge. It's always tended to have more of a pro-Russian view that others in the region.

Grendel

Yeah and the general public also voted him into power with the pledge. It's always tended to have more of a pro-Russian view that others in the region.

But Tony has read an article

skybluetony176

He only won 28% of the vote. Slovakia is pretty polarised anyway and just because he won a majority doesn’t mean he’s still popular. Look at Argentina. They only voted their populist into power last December in a landslide and now they want him out with almost constant protesting around the country.

skybluetony176

Not been following it closely but saw something about Georgia this week, women don't know who suggesting it's not aligned with the population,85% of electorate express a more western desire?
From what I’ve read it’s being seen as an attempt to hinder opposition parties ahead of upcoming elections in line with changes Putin made to hold onto power in 2011. I think the majority of the population want to join the EU and this is being received as an attempt to stop that.

Grendel

Said it before that most don’t look at the bigger picture of what’s going on. I seem to remember being laughed at it for suggesting it and it was said that Russia was on the verge of collapse.

India are another country that is essentially seeing this is an opportunity and siding with Russia along with many African regimes

shmmeee

Said it before that most don’t look at the bigger picture of what’s going on. I seem to remember being laughed at it for suggesting it and it was said that Russia was on the verge of collapse.

Not sure how you and G justify crowing with this article that basically says it’s important for the West that Russia loses the war but OK.

What I get from that is fucking around and trying to play smart bought Russia enough time to get their ducks in a row and now it’s a much harder job. Which is exactly what everyone bar you two in this thread has been saying.

Sick Boy

Not sure how you and G justify crowing with this article that basically says it’s important for the West that Russia loses the war but OK.

What I get from that is fucking around and trying to play smart bought Russia enough time to get their ducks in a row and now it’s a much harder job. Which is exactly what everyone bar you two in this thread has been saying.
Of course, it's important for the West to beat Russia but it's not going to happen any time soon because Russia isn't fighting the war alone considering it essentially has China behind it.

shmmeee

Of course, it's important for the West to beat Russia but it's not going to happen any time soon because Russia isn't fighting the war alone considering it essentially has China behind it.

Now it does. We had made it impossible for them to join and if we’d finished the job we could have seriously weakened ties between China and Russia.

I’m not sure how China joining means we have to put less support in. Like we did with Russian oil if anything it should be an alarm to move manufacturing and the like back to the west. That’s what the US seems to have realised with chip production and the like. IMO the EU/UK needs to refocus from a very long peacetime and get real about protecting the interests of liberal democracy and the international order.

CCFCSteve

Now it does. We had made it impossible for them to join and if we’d finished the job we could have seriously weakened ties between China and Russia.

I’m not sure how China joining means we have to put less support in. Like we did with Russian oil if anything it should be an alarm to move manufacturing and the like back to the west. That’s what the US seems to have realised with chip production and the like. IMO the EU/UK needs to refocus from a very long peacetime and get real about protecting the interests of liberal democracy and the international order.

Yeah, US has been working on that for a while, especially with essentials like chip manufacture. Bidens also brought in new major China tariffs this week. Chinas internal economy has been struggling, especially property market, so that might hurt but only if others follow suit. I do wonder if China might’ve overplayed their hand/flexed muscles too soon but only time will tell.

Hate that we’ve got to this point but countries really do have to start picking sides, unfortunately I worry that forcing nutters together and giving them no out, the situation could get worse.

Don’t tell Tony but if I’d known how the world would evolve over the past few years, war on our doorstep, increasing worries over China, US becoming more isolationist etc I may even have accepted remaining in the EU

PVA

No mention of Shoigu getting sacked in here.

Russia's offensive clearly not going as well as some would have you believe. (I mean, obviously it isn't, as they're 800 days into a 3 day war, but you know what I mean).

Grendel

No mention of Shoigu getting sacked in here.

Russia's offensive clearly not going as well as some would have you believe. (I mean, obviously it isn't, as they're 800 days into a 3 day war, but you know what I mean).

Most experts thought WW1 would end by Christmas 1914 so i fail to see any point being made here

PVA

Most experts thought WW1 would end by Christmas 1914 so i fail to see any point being made here

Well I thought it was quite simple, but I'll explain. My point is the defence minister and long term Putin ally has been sacked, so clearly all is not rosy in the Kremlin.

Hope that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread