USSR invades Ukraine. (6 Viewers)

Grendel

And yet I have a better grasp of the English language.

You really don’t. x is your language. You really are a simpleton - I can see why retard is a word that offends you. Class nickname?

PVA

In 2024 Russia has captured 0.07% of Ukraine and suffered 95,000 casualties for that minimal gain. That is fucking obscene. That's not sustainable.

PVA

Oh look it's Friday night and Grendel is on the sauce again, dishing out his favourite word. Lovely.

Grendel

Oh look it's Friday night and Grendel is on the sauce again, dishing out his favourite word. Lovely.

Not on any sauce - I just find your moral high ground somewhat hypocritical given the disturbing things you find funny

Grendel

In 2024 Russia has captured 0.07% of Ukraine and suffered 95,000 casualties for that minimal gain. That is fucking obscene. That's not sustainable.

Game over?

PVA

Plus there was at least one poster who was posting YouTube videos from actual paid Russian shills. Haven't seen him for a while though tbf.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Thanks for that insight but he is referring to the present day UK media and the current government.

It literally starts with “Or even non wartime”.
But I'm pointing out that reporting in wartime will be restricted in all countries, including our own. It's hardly something to claim Ukraine is corrupt with, especially considering the disinformation Russia has been peddling about the war.

fatso

That's exactly what Napoleon and Hitler thought.

They've got 140 million people so Putin ain't about to run out.
And their whole manufacturing base is on a war footing, so they are out performing the whole of Nato.

It's not looking good, and I'm struggling to see how the West can de-esculate the situation.

Brighton Sky Blue

Who owns the land your dying on is largely irrelevant.

And according to Putin, its Russian land he's liberating.
Well it’s not as the problem both Hitler and Napoleon faced was massively overstretched supply routes and being underprepared for the Russian winter.

Ukraine are not trying to capture all of Russia, just eject them from their own territory.

Reactions: PVA

PVA

That's exactly what Napoleon and Hitler thought.

Not remotely comparable.

They've got 140 million people so Putin ain't about to run out.

They have anywhere between 300,000 and 500,000 in Ukraine at the moment. They lost 95,000 in one year to capture 0.07% of Ukraine and circa 500,000 overall since the war began. I don't care how big the population is that is just not sustainable.

Not are the equipment losses. Yes they're on a war footing, but they're still losing more equipment than they can produce. As an example they are currently producing 7 tanks per day but they lost 25 tanks yesterday.

fatso

Well it’s not as the problem both Hitler and Napoleon faced was massively overstretched supply routes and being underprepared for the Russian winter.

Ukraine are not trying to capture all of Russia, just eject them from their own territory.
It's disputed territory, that America was using for CIA bases, and attempting to get Ukraine to join NATO, that's the whole argument for the invasion

I'm not saying I agree or support it, but the facts are that Ukrain was being courted by NATO, and when Russia did likewise in Cuba back in 1962, it very nearly resulted in WW3. I can't help think that our global leaders have learnt very little.

Skybluekyle

It's disputed territory, that America was using for CIA bases, and attempting to get Ukraine to join NATO, that's the whole argument for the invasion

I'm not saying I agree or support it, but the facts are that Ukrain was being courted by NATO, and when Russia did likewise in Cuba back in 1962, it very nearly resulted in WW3. I can't help think that our global leaders have learnt very little.
Ukraine's independence was ratified by a Referendum and agreed to by Yeltsin in 91. The facts are, NATO has always maintained it has an "open door" policy to membership, and, if we are including "facts", Russia has done nothing but destabilise a separate sovereign nation since 2014. If you don't agree or support, maybe stop peddling Russia lies and misinformation.

fatso

Not remotely comparable.

They have anywhere between 300,000 and 500,000 in Ukraine at the moment. They lost 95,000 in one year to capture 0.07% of Ukraine and circa 500,000 overall since the war began. I don't care how big the population is that is just not sustainable.

Not are the equipment losses. Yes they're on a war footing, but they're still losing more equipment than they can produce. As an example they are currently producing 7 tanks per day but they lost 25 tanks yesterday.
I'm sure its a myth that they can't re-supply.
They continue to manage a slow advance and now have total air control apparently.

Talking of tanks, the Americans sent 16 of their Abrahms tanks, and according to yesterday's figures, (depends if you believe it of course) 8 have already been destroyed and the rest have been withdrawn.
Russia has also apparently paraded captured German tanks in Moscow.

We now have French foreign legion troops fighting alongside German forces on the front lines and taking casualties.
That's quite an escalation.

I can't help thinking that now might be a good time to try and reach a peace agreement before the whole of Ukraine falls.

It's sounding like a shit show.

fatso

Ukraine's independence was ratified by a Referendum and agreed to by Yeltsin in 91. The facts are, NATO has always maintained it has an "open door" policy to membership, and, if we are including "facts", Russia has done nothing but destabilise a separate sovereign nation since 2014. If you don't agree or support, maybe stop peddling Russia lies and misinformation.
You have to laugh when anyone who posts anything newsworthy that doesn't toe the official western stance gets accused of peddling Russian lies and misinformation.

I tell you what, when Russian troops march into the Ukraine capital, I'll bump your post and ask you to explain what suddenly went "wrong"

Brighton Sky Blue

This sounds like blaming the victim to me.

fatso

The agreement was broken (according to Putin) when America put CIA bases in Ukraine and encouraged their enrolment in Nato.
Ukraine was meant to be a demilitarised neutral zone.

Skybluekyle

You have to laugh when anyone who posts anything newsworthy that doesn't toe the official western stance gets accused of peddling Russian lies and misinformation.

I tell you what, when Russian troops march into the Ukraine capital, I'll bump your post and ask you to explain what suddenly went "wrong"
So, instead of taking my quote that "NATO has an open-door policy to membership" as a win, as technically that could fit your agenda that NATO is "courting" Ukraine, even though I don't think it is, you just elect to say how you will rub it in my face if, and that is a pretty big IF, Russia manage to complete their illegal and unjustified invasion of Ukraine? I wouldn't go as far as to say you're a Russian bot, but you have either some weird fixation with "being right" or have communist/imperialist tendencies.

fatso

So, instead of taking my quote that "NATO has an open-door policy to membership" as a win, as technically that could fit your agenda that NATO is "courting" Ukraine, even though I don't think it is, you just elect to say how you will rub it in my face if, and that is a pretty big IF, Russia manage to complete their illegal and unjustified invasion of Ukraine? I wouldn't go as far as to say you're a Russian bot, but you have either some weird fixation with "being right" or have communist/imperialist tendencies.
You seem to have a fixation with being wrong! Or are you in denial?

Even the most foolhardy would struggle to suggest that Russia isn't winning now.

For the record I have no desire to see them win, but it's looking inevitable now as Ukraine forces are being pushed back and they have no air defence left.

You can argue the toss all day about the rights and wrongs, but the outcome is now inevitable unless Nato chooses direct intervention, which as Moscow has warned will result in a nuclear engagement.

I'd sooner see an agreed settlement now. (as I've stated above)
And I'd imagine that means Russia taking large parts of Ukraine.

skybluetony176

I'm sure its a myth that they can't re-supply.
They continue to manage a slow advance and now have total air control apparently.

Talking of tanks, the Americans sent 16 of their Abrahms tanks, and according to yesterday's figures, (depends if you believe it of course) 8 have already been destroyed and the rest have been withdrawn.
Russia has also apparently paraded captured German tanks in Moscow.

We now have French foreign legion troops fighting alongside German forces on the front lines and taking casualties.
That's quite an escalation.

I can't help thinking that now might be a good time to try and reach a peace agreement before the whole of Ukraine falls.

It's sounding like a shit show.
The US sent 31 Abram’s not 16.

Sick Boy

The situation is looking grim for Ukraine. What does victory look like at this point? The chances of reclaiming the eastern parts of the country are close to zero at this point.

Grendel

The situation is looking grim for Ukraine. What does victory look like at this point? The chances of reclaiming the eastern parts of the country are close to zero at this point.

Come off it the war expert on here says russias position is unsustainable

Grendel

It is.

How is the Russian occupation of Kyiv going?
So they will at some point retreat will they?

Star Trek Wow GIF

Users who are viewing this thread