Match Thread ⚽️ Birmingham City vs Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 17th Sep (4 Viewers)

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

Wilson just looks nervous and indecisive to me. I think the defence prefers Moore behind them.

Wilson does this thing on crosses where he starts to come to claim it then changes his mind, stops and retreats back towards his goal. Almost every time it results in a chance for the oppo. Annoys the hell out of me

Both keepers have looked very poor under crosses/high balls this season, which, for all the defensive faults we have, can't be inspire any confidence currently

Brighton Sky Blue

Wilson does this thing on crosses where he starts to come to claim it then changes his mind, stops and retreats back towards his goal. Almost every time it results in a chance for the oppo. Annoys the hell out of me

Both keepers have looked very poor under crosses/high balls this season, which, for all the defensive faults we have, can't be inspire any confidence currently

Moore is still the better keeper but keeping him benched is not the way to get him back into form. Clean sheets do more for a keeper’s confidence than anything else, not waiting hoping for your colleague to fuck up.

SkyB

I'd like to think there front 2 plays a bit more to our defences strength than Lutons attack. I'd back Robins in a race with Deeney and Hogan!

CV22SBA

Exactly this. Must have happened at least 5 times in the first half at Luton. He's a nervous wreck when the ball loops in and so am i.

AOM

I've also noticed Moore comes too far off his line at crosses (which has resulted in goals this year) whereas Wilson doesn't leave it!

Brighton Sky Blue

Moore was absolutely calamitous at the start of the season. How many goals/points did he cost us?

He's clearly the better keeper but he absolutely deserved to be dropped and Wilson deserves the shirt until he fucks up, which he hasn't...yet.

Ah like being charged down on the ball on Wednesday? Or does it have to result in a goal to count?

PVA

Ah like being charged down on the ball on Wednesday? Or does it have to result in a goal to count?

Well yeah it does really doesn't it?

Moore literally cost us goals and/or points every game he played this season. As shaky as Wilson looks sometimes if he's not costing us goals and points then he is quite clearly doing a better job.

Brighton Sky Blue

Regardless what the standard is that's quite literally better than not getting away with it and costing a goal a game.

But it just depends on how lucky we were at the time, right? What’s the plan for Moore to earn his place back-wait until Wilson throws a game or two?

PVA

But it just depends on how lucky we were at the time, right? What’s the plan for Moore to earn his place back-wait until Wilson throws a game or two?

Not necessarily, because dropping the ball at the strikers feet or missing two crosses isn't bad luck, it's just shit.

And yeah I guess so, he has the shirt so it's for him to lose with poor performances or Moore to win it back in training it. Same as any other position.

Don't get me wrong, Moore is the better keeper and I've always said so, but right now he deserves to be benched.

ProfessorbyGrace

A season-changing 2-1 or 3-2.

At this point, I’m not naive enough to believe we’ll keep a clean sheet; I just hope that the forward line is finding it’s rhythm again.
Just out-score the buggers, and get some momentum going! PUSB

Moore
Fadz Panzo Doyle
Dabo Bidwell
Hamer Sheaf
?????
?????
Vik

No idea who we can put in the hole to link the midfield and attack. Allen seems to lack the ability but has the energy required, Palmer has the ability but zero energy.
The two up front is not working as effectively as it should, so maybe switch that up; crowd the midfield a bit and use the wingbacks to exploit. I dunno, strategy was never my fortè. 🤣

Grendel

Good job a season isn't 23 games then.

Also I thought you weren't a fan of picking a random number of games to prove a point

Its half a season of actual form. It therefore defies logic to expect some kind of reversal and promotion form - improvement is bucking a trend not something to just be expected

Amcoventry

Win or lose some will still moan about the ref. Hoping for a good game and a 2-1 win to us!!!

Grendel

If we don’t win tomorrow it’s difficult to see where the next is coming from

Boro, Bristol City, Burnley is a gruelling week after int. break

I think it’s 53 points in 46 games

Bugsy

A season-changing 2-1 or 3-2.

At this point, I’m not naive enough to believe we’ll keep a clean sheet; I just hope that the forward line is finding it’s rhythm again.
Just out-score the buggers, and get some momentum going! PUSB

Moore
Fadz Panzo Doyle
Dabo Bidwell
Hamer Sheaf
?????
?????
Vik

No idea who we can put in the hole to link the midfield and attack. Allen seems to lack the ability but has the energy required, Palmer has the ability but zero energy.
The two up front is not working as effectively as it should, so maybe switch that up; crowd the midfield a bit and use the wingbacks to exploit. I dunno, strategy was never my fortè. 🤣

why don't we just stick Palmer on Jamie Allen shoulders see how that plays out, got all the energy of Allen with Palmer's football intelligence. Allen meant to a beast in the gym so could possibly carry him around....PUSB

Grendel

It’s not dissimilar to the collapse under Mowbray. His figures were actually distorted by a revival at the end of his first season but even then the indicators since November were poor and we were showing relegation form

It carried Into the next season with a weakened squad and no wins in the first 10 games

Grendel

If we don’t win tomorrow it’s difficult to see where the next is coming from

Boro, Bristol City, Burnley is a gruelling week after int. break

It’s pretty vital we win

Londonccfcfan

Its half a season of actual form. It therefore defies logic to expect some kind of reversal and promotion form - improvement is bucking a trend not something to just be expected
Yeah its just the same stats you were pointing to around christmas in our league one winning season you numpty.

ProfessorbyGrace

why don't we just stick Palmer on Jamie Allen shoulders see how that plays out, got all the energy of Allen with Palmer's football intelligence. Allen meant to a beast in the gym so could possibly carry him around....PUSB
If they can masquerade as one player in a big kit, even better.

That’ll confuse the heck out of Clive:
“Wearing 39, a debut for… Jasey Pallen…uhhhmm…big lad isn’t he, Oggy?!”

clint van damme

Moore is still the better keeper but keeping him benched is not the way to get him back into form. Clean sheets do more for a keeper’s confidence than anything else, not waiting hoping for your colleague to fuck up.

He's made 3 horrendous fuck ups, the bench is exactly where he should be.

Reactions: vow

Users who are viewing this thread