Match Thread ⚽️ Blackpool vs Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 18th Mar (5 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the ⚽️ Blackpool vs Coventry City match, tactics and predictions :)

pusbccfc

This is gonna be a real struggle. Looking at the Blackpool forum they are suddenly on top of the world. Big crowd Saturday, apparently noisy etc. Their home form isn't bad.

edgy

We are shattered.

Fearing a loss now and a miserable 2 point return from a great set of fixtures.

SkyBlueSoul

We owe them for the home defeat when half the team had the shits but it's looking tough. Unbeaten at home in their last 6 (W2 D4) and will obviously be on a high after last night. Sheaf in for Maguire, Walker in for Godden.

Wilson
McNally Fadz Doyle
Burroughs Hamer Sheaf Eccles Bidwell
Walker Vik

Still reckon we could and should be winning but head is saying another draw, entertaining 2-2. Despite how deflating it would feel, going 9 unbeaten would still be an achievement.

Julie SBA

We owe them for the home defeat when half the team had the shits but it's looking tough. Unbeaten at home in their last 6 (W2 D4) and will obviously be on a high after last night. Sheaf in for Maguire, Walker in for Godden.

Wilson
McNally Fadz Doyle
Burroughs Hamer Sheaf Eccles Bidwell
Walker Vik

Still reckon we could and should be winning but head is saying another draw, entertaining 2-2. Despite how deflating it would feel, going 9 unbeaten would still be an achievement.

Really does show how far we have come. I feel deflated today having gone 8 games in the Championship unbeaten, we have come so very far and should be so proud of this team!

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Walker, Sheaf and Dabo in.
Godden, Maguire and Burroughs out.

I would agree with this other than Dabo. If he needs resting after two appearances of around an hour, then I don't see the point in playing someone that is probably going to break down. Looking at the run through of yesterday though, Godden and Maguire missed good chances. The former looked like a Sunday League player and no matter how much I like him, I think he has to be dropped.

clint van damme

Give Maguire another go, but play him in behind Vik.
Dabo in at wing back, other than that, same side that finished providing Sheaf is fit enough.

AOM

I would agree with this other than Dabo. If he needs resting after two appearances of around an hour, then I don't see the point in playing someone that is probably going to break down. Looking at the run through of yesterday though, Godden and Maguire missed good chances. The former looked like a Sunday League player and no matter how much I like him, I think he has to be dropped.

I've really liked the look of Dabo the last two games. Robins said after the game he'd been given things to work on in the morning so had been rested which hopefully means he's raring to go Saturday.
Does look like we're unable to get a prolonged run of games out of him though which is a shame

Yank

We have dropped way too many points this season already against inferior opposition and just in general(12 freaking draws! I mean come on) and need to start getting 3 points or the playoffs will slip from our grasp again. Yes it will help if teams above us start falling apart also, but we just need to worry about ourselves and let the pieces fall where they may.

An 8 game unbeaten streak is all well and good but 1 point versus 3 is not gonna cut at the end of the day.

Will go with a 2-1 win Vic with a brace, staying positive.

coop

We have nothing to be afraid of they aren't bottom 3 for nothing and we owe them for there shocking win at the CBS .Also remember where we are compared to October

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230315_185832_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230315_185832_Samsung Internet.jpg
    779.3 KB · Views: 46

slowpoke

I’ve been surprised to see Blackpool in the drop zone.
This fixture could prove what we need to do to become a proper threat next season, Blackpool will be buzzing after Tuesdays result, keep them quite for a while, no early goals the key. A win keeps our play-off chance alive a bit longer.

ProfessorbyGrace

We have nothing to be afraid of they aren't bottom 3 for nothing and we owe them for there shocking win at the CBS .Also remember where we are compared to October
Thing is, that matters very little, as Blackpool are fighting for their survival and they’ve just spanked QPR 6-1. They have a loud following, who are like the 12th man at the minute, and they probably won’t be a push over: and this kind of complacency from our fans is what usually ends in an interwebz fight when we underperform against a side that’s up for it.

If we can get back to the kind of watertight defensive mindset we had, and replace Godden with Walker (the former is just wasting too many goal scoring opportunities) and maybe give Maguire another go to link up with Vik and Walker, who knows.

fernandopartridge

Thing is, that matters very little, as Blackpool are fighting for their survival and they’ve just spanked QPR 6-1. They have a loud following, who are like the 12th man at the minute, and they probably won’t be a push over: and this kind of complacency from our fans is what usually ends in an interwebz fight when we underperform against a side that’s up for it.

If we can get back to the kind of watertight defensive mindset we had, and replace Godden with Walker (the former is just wasting too many goal scoring opportunities) and maybe give Maguire another go to link up with Vik and Walker, who knows.

No way would I play Maguire in midfield again - we got overrun in the first half in midfield. I'd go with the team that finished the game minus Walker for Godden and Dabo for BNC.

Sky Blue Harry H

No way would I play Maguire in midfield again - we got overrun in the first half in midfield. I'd go with the team that finished the game minus Walker for Godden and Dabo for BNC.
Exactly my team selection. Part tempted to push another into midfield to let Hamer take a more advanced role, with Vik up front on his own.

ProfessorbyGrace

Makes sense, as I’ve only seen highlights Vs Wigan and gauged how he played via the (contrasting) opinions on here. 👍🏻

ProfessorbyGrace

Exactly my team selection. Part tempted to push another into midfield to let Hamer take a more advanced role, with Vik up front on his own.
That’s always a temptation, considering how good Gus is getting forward, creating, moving, finding that killer pass, and his finishing is amongst the best in the team.

Would Sheaf and Eccles work as DMF’s with Hamer in the ‘O’Hare’ role?

Has MR ever tried that, anyone?

David O'Day

That’s always a temptation, considering how good Gus is getting forward, creating, moving, finding that killer pass, and his finishing is amongst the best in the team.

Gus isn't a 10, that midfield could work in a 6 and 2 8's system though

David O'Day

We should be winning this as even though they are more organised under McCatrthy they are still pretty shit.

2 or 3 - 1 to us and some c**t will fall in teh sea

PVA

I think more likely you'd have Sheaf sitting and Eccles and Hamer given license to get forward more either side of him.

Users who are viewing this thread