Match Thread ⚽️ Carabao Cup: Coventry City vs Bristol City Match Thread - Wednesday 10th Aug (1 Viewer)

cov4theprem

I say it every year but I don’t know why I bother with these League Cup games every season

MR is completely ambivalent at best towards them, that was shown when we pulled one back yet we still decided to bring Waggy and two kids on

Why bother going to a game the manager isn’t really bothered about winning
But we scored straight after the substitutions were made.

rexo87

You started at 40, then 37. Any advances on 37? In reality the forecast is a maximum of 33.

Stop doing using an incorrect weather report to justify an absolutely woeful performance. It's like Paxman III.
The point is its going to be ridiculously hot to play football in and its probably best most our players didn't play less than 72 hours earlier

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Reactions: PVA

Fergusons_Beard

How did Eccles get on?

Very ineffective.

Him and Allen just didn’t work until second half when Brizzle had eased off the gas as they were 3-0 up.

Most positive thing to come out of game was how well Burroughs played at RWB.

He was better than Dabo-who was another let down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ceetee

The reaction to the team selection is nothing compared with the meltdown there would have been if one or two of our senior players had been injured.

When my friends and I were discussing this game a couple of weeks ago I said I didn't want to go and that was based on the team selection and performance against Northampton last year. Actually, I thought last night's team was stronger, but the result doesn't bear that out.

Reactions: PVA

Nick

Administrator
The reaction to the team selection is nothing compared with the meltdown there would have been if one or two of our senior players had been injured.

When my friends and I were discussing this game a couple of weeks ago I said I didn't want to go and that was based on the team selection and performance against Northampton last year. Actually, I thought last night's team was stronger, but the result doesn't bear that out.

Are our players really made of glass then?

Petrified they can't play a game in case of injury. Then it will be "Oh they need match fitness because of no Rotherham Game"

ceetee

Of course not but you know very well, if Gyok or Hamer couldn.t play Saturday because they picked up knocks there would be a meltdown about risking them in a cup game

Nick

Administrator
Of course not but you know very well, if Gyok or Hamer couldn.t play Saturday because they picked up knocks there would be a meltdown about risking them in a cup game

It's a competitive match.

They might get injured in training trying a backheel.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Reads like 33 too.....

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

When you googled it last night it said 33 in London, which was what I was going off. It certainly wasn't 40.

I wasn't the one exaggerating the weather to front up a shit performance, which was the whole point anyway.

ceetee

Does it not occur to you both that your opinions maybe right, but that doesn't negate what I said

Nick

Administrator
Does it not occur to you both that your opinions maybe right, but that doesn't negate what I said

Maybe we can just rest players in case we get to the playoff final and then they will be fit and injury free?

ceetee

Maybe we can play the same 11 for 90 minutes every game so that they get used to playing together. You really can't see a nuanced argument can yo?

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

I'm a big Robins fan, but I thought that team selection was very disrespectful to people who had gone to great efforts just to be there. People sat at home on their arse who are 'not bothered' can fuck off.

Spot on, fan's deserve better.

Ashdown

It’s fairly obvious that MR saw this match as an extension of our friendlies and warm up for the real action to come. It’s a shame a few of those chosen didn’t step up to the plate and push for future selection . A lot of criticism of Eccles but I do find that Allen can go missing in games too .

Tommo1993

Not too sure people are “celebrating” a loss. It’s more of a welcome result as this is an unprecedentedly congested season, and last night pointed out just how much we lack squad depth to fall back on if it got even more congested.

PVA

Spot on, fan's deserve better.

Fair play if you went, but with respect it's well known that Robins plays a weakened team in the League Cup and I don't think anyone can say they were surprised to see a weaker team.

And not just Robins of course - most teams. Boro put out a second XI and got beat at home by L1 opposition for example.

By all means you can complain that they played crap, or certain players weren't good enough. But I don't think you can complain at feeling short changed given what we know happens in this competition.

Brighton Sky Blue

Not too sure people are “celebrating” a loss. It’s more of a welcome result as this is an unprecedentedly congested season, and last night pointed out just how much we lack squad depth to fall back on if it got even more congested.

Is it just me who sees 1-4 as an unwelcome result?

Nick

Administrator
Fair play if you went, but with respect it's well known that Robins plays a weakened team in the League Cup and I don't think anyone can say they were surprised to see a weaker team.

Isn't even so much that, it is more that it was obvious within the first 5-10 minutes we were going to get hammered and nothing changed. Not even re-positioning (if subs arent allowed so soon).

He just sat and watched the massive hole in the midfield for 90 minutes.

Weaker team isn't so bad, not willing to actually do anything to get a result from a competitive match isn't on. (Especially one where fans have had to put themselves out, although not his fault).

Users who are viewing this thread