Match Thread ⚽️ Coventry City vs Cardiff City Match Thread - Thursday 29th Dec (2 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the ⚽️ Coventry City vs Cardiff City match, tactics and predictions :)

PVA

Obviously we don't have a lot of options right now so the team is fairly easy to predict.

Palmer in for O'Hare and I think Dabo will come in for Burroughs.

It's a good job we've just had a long break, because otherwise this run of games could be a bit much for some of the lads who are having to play every game (the CBs, CMs, Bidwell etc)

Terry_dactyl

Start of my ‘Cov New Year’. Mrs D and her old man will be at this one.
I’ve managed to get myself a single ticket in the noisy part of the ground so will hopefully be close enough to keep an eye on them.
Her old man broke with tradition a couple of fixtures ago; rather than take a dignified response to a Cardiff victory, opted instead to ‘rub it in’.
It’s all out warfare at this stage.

Covkid1968#

Expect a draw… when I was confident of a win. Typical Cov… as soon as we think the good times are on the way, things start to go wrong. COH loss is huge!!! On the plus side I’ve been ill but I’m feeling better… so I shall be on the beer for this game. Look out for mid 50s bloke in Turkey Stone Island jumper giving it the big un!!!

ajl

What was the timeline for Mcfadz return?

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Gint11

Cardiff are shit. We’ve got enough to win Thursday. Palmer to come in for COH

Ashdown

Hard to call a line up, we can win for sure but with the same panache as say the QPR game….I doubt it . I’ll be there though .

WestEndAgro

Very winnable, I'll be amazed if we don't.
Cardiff really aren't very good.
I predicted a win on Boxing day and think we would have if the penalty went in, fine margins.
Get the double over Cardiff, that can't have happened many times over the years , if ever?

pusbccfc

Great_Expectations

Kane for Burroughs
Kelly for Hamer
Waghorn for Gyokeres
Taveres for COH
Keep Wilson IN
Play hoofball
Let Allen take all set pieces.

Sod it, we’re relegation fodder and already half way down aren’t we, so we might as well give up and give our L1/fringe players a go.

**oh yea, we’re still 2 points off play offs with a game in hand on most teams above us.

Grendel

I wouldn’t be surprised if Kelly starts

itsabuzzard

Biggest win of the season so far (see the thread on Manager of the Month curse). Palmer to rise magnificently to the occasion, filling O'Hare's boots and getting on the scoresheet. Ditto Panzo, headed goal. Brace for big G. Score? Cricket proportions.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Johhny Blue

Who should take our inevitable penalty?
I’ll start with one vote for Hamer.
Sorry Vic we love you and all that but even the two that went in weren’t great.

slowpoke

Who should take our inevitable penalty?
I’ll start with one vote for Hamer.
Sorry Vic we love you and all that but even the two that went in weren’t great.
Vik, why not, okay he missed on Monday and one day he will again if he’s happy to carry on, then carry on.

Sky Blue Harry H

Is Jack Burroughs a potential option in midfield (I always thought he was a midfielder)? I feel like his powerful running and decent physicality could help get support to Gyokeres and maybe given Allen a rest
Glad I trawled through the thread before posting. When Dabo is deemed fit enough to return, I was wondering about this. Also wondered, due to his physicality, if it might release Hamer into the attacking role with Burroughs alongside Sheaf as the defensive midfielder. You could then have Allen/Pamer up with Hamer.

pusbccfc

Vik, why not, okay he missed on Monday and one day he will again if he’s happy to carry on, then carry on.

He's not actually a good finisher, let's be honest. Misses a lot of chances. Doesn't surprise me he is poor from the spot.

Users who are viewing this thread