Match Thread ⚽️ Coventry City vs Hull City Match Thread - Saturday 11th Mar (1 Viewer)

Macca

Fair result really. Just relieved we came away with something.

I thought Hull were half decent.

We're not going to make play offs, I don't think anyone really believes that, it too much to ask of this squad with O'Hare, Palmer, Sheaf and Allen out. That we're competing still and picking up points is a real credit to us.

I thought we were decent today. Bit sloppy for a few periods and wasteful in front of goal but given our injury situation ok. Agreed that play offs feel unlikely. Guess we will have a very good idea this time next week

olderskyblue

After their goal, I didn’t notice any of our players go to Howley and give him any encouragement after his mistake. Did I miss it?

CCFC54321

Thought McGuire looked ok when he came on personally along with esbrand

Howleys not an attacking midfielder but needs must.

Thought we looked tired today and some of these injured players need to get back soon as some of the players included gyokeres looked utterly shattered.

nmp2327

Thought we really missed Fadz when subbed, a really odd decision given the way he marshalls the defence and results recently clearly indicate his influence. Robins subs at home recently have been most odd clearly the loanee contracts comply us to play both of them, yet neither really add anything to our team currently

Brighton Sky Blue

Thought we really missed Fadz when subbed, a really odd decision given the way he marshalls the defence and results recently clearly indicate his influence. Robins subs at home recently have been most odd clearly the loanee contracts comply us to play both of them, yet neither really add anything to our team currently

If there’s a financial penalty for not fielding them, take the hit unless you really want them on the pitch for a footballing reason.

David O'Day

Deffo missed fadz after he went off

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

coop

Thought McGuire looked ok when he came on personally along with esbrand

Howleys not an attacking midfielder but needs must.

Thought we looked tired today and some of these injured players need to get back soon as some of the players included gyokeres looked utterly shattered.
They've not played since last week tired are you taking the piss?

Hobo

Eccles shite 1st half, good 2nd half.
Hamer good 1st half, shite 2nd half.
Gyok shite throughout bar moment of brilliance for goal.
Godden passenger bar scrappy goal.

Robins out
I agree with some of that except Godden ran his socks off and his closing down on them was brilliant.

He stopped them playing in first half from the back. He certainly was not a passenger.

Hobo

From block 24 it looked like Howley dived for the penalty shout first half. Anyone from that end see it differently?
I think it was a tangle of legs rather than a foul. Plus Howleys first touch was poor and he was going away from goal. The ref let a lot of contact go for both sides.

Hobo

Have I really missed something here, I thought Maguire offered next to fuck all.
Norton Cuffy was better. We knocked the ball around really well at times but why can’t we shoot on the edge of the area ??
How many actual saves did their keeper make ? We can do a lot better ……
We had plenty of shots in and around the box. We were not shot shy today. They packed the defence and blocked loads.

olderskyblue

Yes you did.
Well, I watched from seconds after the goal went in until we kicked off again, and not one player went near him.

CCFC54321

Have I really missed something here, I thought Maguire offered next to fuck all.
Norton Cuffy was better. We knocked the ball around really well at times but why can’t we shoot on the edge of the area ??
How many actual saves did their keeper make ? We can do a lot better ……
Thought maguire looked sharp myself and the people I was with thought the same.

Hobo

Well, I watched from seconds after the goal went in until we kicked off again, and not one player went near him.
Why ask "did I miss it" then? McFadz and I think Hamer (?) both spoke to him. But after the restart.

Hobo

Why ask "did I miss it" then? McFadz and I think Hamer (?) both spoke to him. But after the restart

Tommo1993

If Hull weren’t that good then that says a lot about how ugly and disjointed we were. If I had to put money on who scored next after they went 1-0 up, I’d have put it on them.

CCFC54321

If Hull weren’t that good then that says a lot about how ugly and disjointed we were. If I had to put money on who scored next after they went 1-0 up, I’d have put it on them.
I agree. As I’ve already said my thoughts that I thought we were looking tired. Not surprised with the same players week in week out thanks to a packed treatment room.

Frostie

I think if Godden hadn’t scored he’d have been on. Maguire linked quite well when he came on to be fair. Howley was dead on his feet second half, he’ll come again though
Walker was being readied to come on at the same time as Burroughs & JWE but, as you say, the Godden goal changed it.

Hertsccfc

By his standards McFadzean had a poor game but we definitely lost something by taking him off.

slowpoke

A draw is a fair result - if Mcfazdean is injured it’s not looking good
I thought the McFadz substitution looked a tactical one well I hope it was, gave us an extra body in midfield which Hull were dominating bit risky with the kids at the back but thought it worked.
Did anyone have a decent view of the handball shout second half ?
Ball did hit his hand, ball to hand imo but in these days of var who knows.

Users who are viewing this thread