Match Thread ⚽️ Huddersfield Town vs Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 4th Mar (2 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the ⚽️ Huddersfield Town vs Coventry City match, tactics and predictions :)

slowpoke

Poor outfit Huddersfield how they made the play-offs last season god knows. With the old war horse Warnock in charge he will get them fired up and try to intimidate the referee but I fancy us strongly to win this one.

fernandopartridge

Poor outfit Huddersfield how they made the play-offs last season god knows. With the old war horse Warnock in charge he will get them fired up and try to intimidate the referee but I fancy us strongly to win this one.
They had a different manager and a number of different players

Terry Gibson's perm

They are missing some of the best players in this league last season, when you are signing Waghorn to keep you up you are in trouble.

You f we don’t win there we don’t deserve to be in the mix at the end of the season Warnock or not.

shmmeee

Absolute must win if we’ve got any playoff hopes. Let’s see where we are after tomorrow night for squad but hoping Sheaf and Palmer might make this if we’re lucky

Julie SBA

after finally winning at PNE tomorrow night in a spectacular 4-0 drubbing, we lose this one 1-0. probably wrong on both counts :)

alexccfc99

I’m not sure Warnock can even save that squad of players this season, I think they’re rubbish - No doubt that will now come back to bite me on the arse

Grendel

I’m not sure Warnock can even save that squad of players this season, I think they’re rubbish - No doubt that will now come back to bite me on the arse

The home record isn't terrible - they have the lowest points away all season

slowpoke

Absolute must win if we’ve got any playoff hopes. Let’s see where we are after tomorrow night for squad but hoping Sheaf and Palmer might make this if we’re lucky
No it isn’t, obviously we ain’t going to win all our remaining matches, if we did we would probably go up automatically.

alexccfc99

Didn’t like the look of Palmer’s injury, can’t say I’m too confident we will see him again for a bit

PVA

Assuming he doesn't trust Maguire to start then I can see 442 being an option

Wilson

Burroughs
Mcnally
Fadz
Bidwell

BNC
Hamer
Eccles
JWE

Gyokeres
Walker

slowpoke

How near to fitness is Dabo, I assume he isn’t yet as he’s not been used despite being sub. A fit Dabo at least gives options. Can’t see Robins not going with a back three and wing backs.

Londonccfcfan

Doyle seems comfortable coming forward so maybe an option to play in midfield with Rose coming into the back 3?
This is exactly what I was thinking a bit left field whilst the . I was thinking McNally who seems alot more nimble that Doyle.

shmmeee

Is Panzo fit? Always felt he could do a job in midfield and then you don’t need a right footer at LCB.

clint van damme

I like the idea of Doyle in the middle.
Not one for playing players out of position but desperate, desperate measures.

AOM

Not sure I like the idea of changing to 4 at the back if we've stuck to 5 for so long. Guess we did play 4 earlier this season though for a bit.
Not seen enough of Burroughs in midfield but Oggy was saying he's played more games there than out wide through his career so worth a go.
I'd start Walker up front with Gyokeres though. No idea what's going on with Maguire

SkyBlueSoul

We're getting towards the stage of square pegs in round holes. Part of me suspects he'll play JWE in the AM role after his cameos in the last 2 games but I'd rather he didn't. I'd stick Burroughs in the middle with a bit of license to get forward and support the front two like Allen does, with Hamer pulling the strings.

Wilson
McNally Fadz Doyle
BNC Burroughs Hamer Eccles Bidwell
Godden Vik

Moore, Rose, Dabo, JWE, Howley, Maguire, Walker

Julie SBA

Wilson
McNally Fadz Doyle
Burroughs Hamer Eccles Bidwell
Godden Walker
Vik

Moore Rose Dabo JWE BNC Howley Maguire

Think that is the entirety of the fit first team squad right now. I do worry that Doyle could be near breaking point and so he could swap him with Rose, I like the idea of pushing him into midfield but now is not the time. There are a few ways that you can throw the players in the air and come down with a different starting line up. No need to change from wing backs as we have lots of cover there. I've tried to get our strongest players on the pitch as I think Walker gives more to the team than BNC or JWE but could just as likely be this

Wilson
McNally Fadz Doyle
Dabo Hamer Eccles JWE Bidwell
Godden Vik

Really hope he gives Jack a start, for me he's been pretty steady every time he's played. I'm not a fan of either of the young loan wing backs, I accept they may improve with games but with 12 games to go, how many are they going to need? we should be developing our own player who will be here next season.

Brighton Sky Blue

I think it needs to be 3 up top. Huddersfield are really going to be up for it and will come at us with high intensity. Better chance of picking them off on the break with the 3 forwards anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread