Match Thread ⚽️ Leicester City vs Coventry City Match Thread - Sunday 6th Aug (2 Viewers)

Winny the Bish

Mar 26, 2010
- We 100% need a new CM, the drop off to Eccles and Kelly is too big.
- Thomas looked good, but lost concentration for their 1st
- MVE and Simms will come good
- gOdDeN iS tHe BeSt FiNiSHer aT da cLuB
- Wright's pace looks very exciting. Encouraging that he looked to run with the ball.

Offhegoes

Mar 14, 2014
So frustrated that Simms went off instead of godden. Just don't get it

And hamer want really lagging imo.

Argh.
I thought Sheaf was lagging. To be honest I would of taken Simms and Gooden off and stuck Sakamoto with Palmer behind Wright

fatso

Jun 19, 2017
So frustrated that Simms went off instead of godden. Just don't get it

And hamer want really lagging imo.

Argh.
Once we've completed our recruitment, I can't see Simms or Godden getting in the starting line up.

Eventually it will be Wright and a.n.other.

• Haha
Reactions: Sick Boy

San Francisco

May 17, 2023
Coventry
Tactical changes from both sides and Godden missing his chances gifted them the game IMO but plenty of positives to take from this. Can't complain too much considering they're essentially a lite Premier League team at home with ridiculous depth and financial capability and we made them look pedestrian in the second half.
Once the new players are bedded in and confident we'll be a real force.
We've also got a few more players coming in I reckon to add depth and quality.

Reactions: BrisbaneBronco

stupot07

Mar 20, 2011
We were far too narrow. Palmer's average position is further forward than Simms. Far too much work left for sheaf and Hamer in the middle.

9e0ab820d4749f8fb17ff64218179eb0.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Sick Boy

Sep 29, 2008
Verona, Italy
right where do i start. Simms useless, da silva has no positional awareness, palmer not fit, kelly basically a waste of space.
Positives- eccles motm, wright looks like a good player and will score goals, Thomas looks comfortable on the ball, sheaf class, godden created chances but unlucky not to score
Simms had a better game than Godden ffs.

southern_comfort

Facebook User
Mar 20, 2011
leicestershire
A lot of positives today, the subs definitely weakened the team and gave Leicester the control of midfield and helped them push on to the win. A lot of good sides will go to the KPS and get turned over this season. we held our own for spells of the game and I believe we are going to have a good season into the play offs at least, The only worry is when Hamer eventually does leave we are weaker and MK has his work cut out for when that happens.

Reactions: oakey

djr8369

Jun 9, 2018
Gutting not to see that out but take a lot of positives from that considering Leicester are expected to be champions by many.

New signings generally very positive although a few will take time to gel with the team and a few will take time to adapt to the league.

Biggest difference though, aside from Gus coming off, was stamina. Palmer was dead on his feet from 70 mins and most of the rest of the squad at 80. Not sure if that’s preseason starting late or Leicester having prem staff and facilities or what.

clint van damme

May 3, 2015
He played really well, he didn't put away his chances but his movement and hold up play was brilliant. Honestly hate the scapegoating

Don't agree, looked devoid of confidence and his efforts for the 2nd and 3rd chane were atrocious.

I've been a big supporter of him but that just wasn't good enough..

Tommo1993

Apr 14, 2019
We were far too narrow. Palmer's average position is further forward than Simms. Far too much work left for sheaf and Hamer in the middle.

9e0ab820d4749f8fb17ff64218179eb0.jpg

This shows how easily they got down our flanks. But doesn’t explain the acres of space we kept giving them in the middle.

Ccfcisparks

May 13, 2011
I think just 5 more mins we may have got a second.

Oh man fingertip save too. We were so close

But looking forward to Simms and wright partnership for sure.
Think Wright looks capable of dropping deeper but was impressed with Simms hold up second half.

Brighton Sky Blue

Jan 11, 2012
Coventry
Gutting not to see that out but take a lot of positives from that considering Leicester are expected to be champions by many.

New signings generally very positive although a few will take time to gel with the team and a few will take time to adapt to the league.

Biggest difference though, aside from Gus coming off, was stamina. Palmer was dead on his feet from 70 mins and most of the rest of the squad at 80. Not sure if that’s preseason starting late or Leicester having prem staff and facilities or what.
I did think after Exeter we'd have benefited from another friendly, and the rustiness in the first 20-25 minutes showed that.

Reactions: djr8369

HadjiChippo

Mar 23, 2017
I have nothing positive to say for Leicester - they 'may ' find it a struggle
Yeah definitely, came away feeling more positive for us than for them, they knicked it today from individual brilliance from a player who may be elsewhere in September, also not sure the Man City style of play suits players like their GK, Faes and Vestergaard in particular who looked vulnerable. Also don’t see the hype around Mavididi, who looked bang average for 90% of the game, running down blind alleys and unnecessary tricks etc.,

Iheanacho and second half KDH changed the game for them. We should’ve been out of sight before they even had 1.

Brighton Sky Blue

Jan 11, 2012
Coventry
Don't agree, looked devoid of confidence and his efforts for the 2nd and 3rd chane were atrocious.

I've been a big supporter of him but that just wasn't good enough..
He'll be kicking himself for his decision making but he'll come good with time.

clint van damme

May 3, 2015
This shows how easily they got down our flanks. But doesn’t explain the acres of space we kept giving them in the middle.

We've been doing that for ages, I hilighted it the season before last.
We get away with it against a lot of teams.

Reactions: Tommo1993

Users who are viewing this thread