Match Thread ⚽️ Rotherham United vs Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 18th Feb (2 Viewers)

Frostie

I’m with you on that one.

They had a triangle of 3 players together and the one furthest back peeled off left to head in. The two in front were marked and possibly prevented our defenders from tracking the runner when the ball came in.

Possibly Wilson was held a little.

It was a soft foul at best.

That said, who should have picked up the runner / scorer? There was a gap in our defence there.

This is where we miss Sheaf - a bit of height to pull back for set pieces. Gus and Allen and to a degree Eccles and even Palmer aren’t really what you need in set plays against teams with a load of big fellas.

As a result we bring Gyok back - who is the best breakaway striker in the division who you’d want ideally stood centre circle for corners.

I hope our recruiting department has a little think about this next window.

Tell me I’m wrong?
You're wrong.

The gap in the defence & nobody picking up the scorer is because there's a clear foul on his marker (Bidwell). It's clearly a clever, pre-planned routine by Rotherham & well spotted by the officials. There's also a shirt pull on Wilson although difficult to see from this angle.

The Philosopher

You're wrong.

The gap in the defence & nobody picking up the scorer is because there's a clear foul on his marker (Bidwell). It's clearly a clever, pre-planned routine by Rotherham & well spotted by the officials. There's also a shirt pull on Wilson although difficult to see from this angle.

Hadn’t seen that angle. From the angles I saw and from where I was on the halfway line it looked a good goal.

Can see it now and it’s a good spot from the Ref.

Brighton Sky Blue

You're wrong.

Wasn’t it claimed that Burnley did the same thing? Maybe worth copying ourselves

Frostie

There's actually a 3rd foul in there too. Their player at the back post, on the 6 yard line pushes McNally so that he's under the flight of the ball & can't challenge for the header.

pusbccfc

OldBedrocker

Ah right, for some reason thought you meant he handed to him while we were waiting for play to stop. Maybe, I don’t remember it.

Looking at the after match footage Fadz was still wearing the armband tho:

My mistake then. When he was waiting to come on Fadz ran over to the touchline so I assumed he gave him the armband like Allen has when he’s come on

stupot07

Watching it back 3-4 times Rotherham were unlucky with that disallowed goal. I'd be fuming if we'd have had that disallowed.

Yes some minor infringements, but these happen unpunished at every single corner including the ones we take.

The blocking of Bidwell makes little difference he isn't getting anywhere near the goalscorer.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

David O'Day

Watching it back 3-4 times Rotherham were unlucky with that disallowed goal. I'd be fuming if we'd have had that disallowed.

Yes some minor infringements, but these happen unpunished at every single corner including the ones we take.

The blocking of Bidwell makes little difference he isn't getting anywhere near the goalscorer.

a foul is a foul though, it doesn't have to have effect

it's not minor it's a clear foul right in front of the ref so fuck em

Hertsccfc

I agree. It was a fair decision but in most cases the goal would have been allowed.

covcity4life

Agreed. Sometimes you just have to say thank fuck we got away with that.

Alot of the people saying good decisions will be posting how refs hate us every week. We can never do anything wrong lol

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Nice commons from the anchor and yok got a positive mention. Their manager was still smarting from the goal

And we never get to see the Mark Robins interview after the game on that show, and yet we do see the same faces most weeks.

Speedies_Chips

Did you ever see Bobby Moore play ? Supposedly our best ever cb, or more recently John Terry.
Sadly I am old enough to have seen Bobby Moore play. However, it is a different game now and most of the forwards are athletic speed merchants unlike back then. As good as Bobby Moore was, he’d probably struggle a bit in this era. So I stand by saying Doyle won’t play in the Prem as he is too slow.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Watching Bobby Moore even at todays pace I think would still be great such was his reading of the game he would get there with ease cannot remember him getting many bookings,John Terry nowhere near his class.Watching Doyle his anticipation is great and an extra is his eye for a defence splitting pass.Something Maddison does but from futher foward.
Only 19 like I've said get a cheeky bid in.The financial problems Man .City are in with the rules you just never know.

Grendel

Watching Bobby Moore even at todays pace I think would still be great such was his reading of the game he would get there with ease cannot remember him getting many bookings,John Terry nowhere near his class.Watching Doyle his anticipation is great and an extra is his eye for a defence splitting pass.Something Maddison does but from futher foward.
Only 19 like I've said get a cheeky bid in.The financial problems Man .City are in with the rules you just never know.

Doyle is hopelessly slow when on the back foot.

alexccfc99

Big win! 3 away PTS . Back to back wins and another clean sheet!

McNally and mcfadz brilliant. And tbf to Wilson and RNC despite the criticisms they contributing to clean sheets so not as bad defensively as some say.

Eccles another good game in the middle. Glad to see Allen bounce back from last game with a goal. Palmer quiet today.

Gyok and hamer showing their quality. Just makes me think if we hadnt lost mcfadz and o hare to injury how many more points we could have.

Regardless this is probably the best team city have had in near 20 years. 4pts off playoffs. Bring on the next one! Exciting

Pusb
Still think we had a better side last season

O’Hare fit with Maatsen, Hyam

Not much in it though

shmmeee

Big win! 3 away PTS . Back to back wins and another clean sheet!

McNally and mcfadz brilliant. And tbf to Wilson and RNC despite the criticisms they contributing to clean sheets so not as bad defensively as some say.

Eccles another good game in the middle. Glad to see Allen bounce back from last game with a goal. Palmer quiet today.

Gyok and hamer showing their quality. Just makes me think if we hadnt lost mcfadz and o hare to injury how many more points we could have.

Regardless this is probably the best team city have had in near 20 years. 4pts off playoffs. Bring on the next one! Exciting

Pusb

If Fadz and O’Hare had been fit all season we’d be top six easily.

Julie SBA

There's actually a 3rd foul in there too. Their player at the back post, on the 6 yard line pushes McNally so that he's under the flight of the ball & can't challenge for the header.
Surely Brooke needs to stay on the post there and heads it away if the foul is not given?

Users who are viewing this thread