Match Thread ⚽️ Wigan Athletic vs Coventry City Match Thread - Tuesday 14th Mar (1 Viewer)

Ashdown

Fucking useless for both teams. So many missed chances. Should have one. Congrats to the great City support . Mid table now though I think 😕

Dirk Turpin

think we should have had at least 2/3 goals, we obviously had enough in the tank to push on, like we did when it went 1-1. No idea why we invited pressure onto ourselves when we went 1-0 up

skyblu3sk

Got to be demoralising for walker. Scored in a game and not even given a chance off the bench since despite the other striker having little impact.
Agreed I though walker looked OK when he came on the other week. I'm assuming he's sticking with Godden in the hope he will shake off his rust.

pusbccfc

Maguire, Walker, Bakayoko, Clive Platt or Yakubu have a performance as bad as Godden tonight and they become the boo boy.

Otis

Oh well.

Not too disappointed. Did think Robins should have changed things once Wigan started to get on top, but let's face it, they really didn't look like scoring and it took a wicked deflection to bag them a goal.

Very unlucky with that.

We seemed to be well in control and cruising for the majority of that half.

Kieranp96

More points dropped play offs over, thank you Coventry city for getting out hopes up again, to many weak spots in this team, no cam no lb no rb and playing godden is pathetic he contributes nothing next to vik, awful game to follow up with the one Saturday, now time to get turned over by blackpool, wish we got some experience in over BNC and JWE they're not at this level not even close to what we need

Great_Expectations

Two big big chances missed at the end. We fucked ourselves really.

Four points dropped from last two games. It’s not over but it’s a massive massive shitter.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Disappointing overall.

Have to applaud MR making changes at HT to give us control of the midfield, but then ruins it by not making any further changes to a team that looked tired playing on a heavy pitch. Almost like he decided that because he'd made these early subs he wasn't make any more.

Hobo

Fair play to both sides for going for it 2nd half.

A setback but the season isnt over yet.

clint van damme

Think that's it for us now.
Strangely, for me, the biggest disappointments this season haven't been defeats, its been more some of the draws.
Tonight, the 3 in December, especially Swansea.
Convert 2 of them into wins and we're right in the mix.
Going to take a lot now.

SkyBlueMatt

Ah well. We were never likely to get play offs but that's season over.

Disappointing because on the 2nd half performance, we should have won that.

If you want to get in the playoffs, you have to grind out those games.

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

slowpoke

We miss far too many good chances
I don’t think we shoot enough, tonight we had plenty of the ball in and around the edges of the box but elected to go wide trying to keep possession, still we got a point still on an unbeaten run and the chance to sort 6-1 Blackpool out Saturday.

Users who are viewing this thread