10 Match Yardstick (1 Viewer)

A sure sign that TM is cutting the mustard is by analysing the last 10 games:

P10 W4 D4 L2 f10 a8 Pts 16

If this form is extrapolated across a full 46 game season we would be in the top 6 four out of the last five seasons despite a woeful home record.

We are exceptionally lucky to have TM's services - let's hope the mighty SISU recognise this and invest accordingly !!

Nurse.........

rupert_bear

We ain't pulled up too many trees in an attacking sense but are certainly harder to score against, although not regarded as a defensive manager Mowbray soon realised tightening our defence was the prority.

Grendel

It shows managers make a difference and people who come out with "even Fergie couldn't do better with this rubbish" to be taking compete rot.

skybluebeduff

It shows managers make a difference and people who come out with "even Fergie couldn't do better with this rubbish" to be taking compete rot.

The number of times across all social media after Pressleys sacking were "we'll still go down, no-one can do any better".

Not heard very much from them since..

One of the three people we all hate got it right for a change (Tim, Steve & Joy).

Captain Dart

We ain't pulled up too many trees in an attacking sense but are certainly harder to score against, although not regarded as a defensive manager Mowbray soon realised tightening our defence was the prority.

We all knew that, only SP didn't seem to understand the problem, instead he concentrated on trying yet another striker.

Covstu

Although i seem to remember similar pedistals being set for a certain Mr Pressley not too long ago....

I want to see a full season but yes i think he is the right man for the job as long as he has support.

Skyblueweeman

Although i seem to remember similar pedistals being set for a certain Mr Pressley not too long ago....

I want to see a full season but yes i think he is the right man for the job as long as he has support.

Yeah this.

There's always uplifts in a teams fortunes...I'm sure if we look at the first 10 games of all our previous managers, their record would probably be better than the last 10 games of their predecessor. Remember how many (myself included I'll admit) were over the moon when SP signed his contract...

http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threa...ray)/page5?highlight=Steven+Pressley+contract

Things can change very quickly. I'm with Stu...get the guy signed on a 2-3 year contract and judge him after one season/two transfer windows.

WM

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

Yeah this.

There's always uplifts in a teams fortunes...I'm sure if we look at the first 10 games of all our previous managers, their record would probably be better than the last 10 games of their predecessor. Remember how many (myself included I'll admit) were over the moon when SP signed his contract...

http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threa...ray)/page5?highlight=Steven+Pressley+contract

Things can change very quickly. I'm with Stu...get the guy signed on a 2-3 year contract and judge him after one season/two transfer windows.

WM

Totally agreed. Take nothing away from TM - he has done his job albeit bar a freak turn of events tomorrow and next week - but the fact remains that we need to be challenging for the playoffs at least next season. The form that TM has extracted from the current crop (with the solitary addition of Grant Ward) is undeniably impressive. Next season is a new season though and the memories of TM keeping us up this year will quickly vanish, typically, and we will be judging him all over again after the 1st 10 games next season (assuming that he signs a new contract and that he is given the requisite backing, of course).

In summary, well done so far Tony - but a long way to go to sway the majority. I really hope you're the man to finally bring some success here.

rupert_bear

If Waggott can award rookie Steven Pressley a 4 year contract based on...what ? he can surely offer Tony Mowbray 3. Also puts a value on Mowbray if bigger fish come sniffing for him.

stupot07

Things can change rapidly with the odd injury here and there. It is a terrific record, but there is alway a lot of improvement needed, but when he overhauls this poor squad in the summer we will be in much better shape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

harvey098

Slightly skewed if you ask me. There would've been 10 match periods under pressley that you could get the same results. The difficulty is doing it over a whole season. There is usually a "honeymoon" period with new managers added to the fact that the players realised they were right in a relegation battle. If he stays, fine, but I won't be fussed if he doesn't.

LJC_CCFC

There is a distinct difference between how TM operates and how SP operated. No one is jumping the gun on TM, but the early signs are positive. With him we are at the very least going in the right direction.

stupot07

Just to add, Pressley was shite in his first 10 games.

Although to be fair to him, it coincided with losing Clarke to injury and getting a 10 point deduction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Astute

SP had two very good strikers for this division. This made some think he was a good manager. But other than having good players we still didn't play that well. We were leaking goals. And as soon as he lost these strikers he was shown up for what he is. A poor manager. TM took over the same players and started getting results. He spoke sense.

I stuck all this season to us needing to get rid of SP. It was so obvious. I will also go on record that if TM stays and he gets to choose the players that stay and pick their replacements we will be top 6 minimum.

We even went to Bristol and got a draw. It wasn't a lucky draw either. A manager doesn't take over a club that goes on a decent run and then outplays the team after a result to be champions on a home game with games to go just because of the new manager bounce.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Although to be fair to him, it coincided with losing Clarke to injury and getting a 10 point deduction.

Yea was just clarifying, there was an implication in this thread from a few that Pressley also performed well in his first 10 games when in fact he didn't

stupot07

Yea was just clarifying, there was an implication in this thread from a few that Pressley also performed well in his first 10 games when in fact he didn't

Thorn had a decent 10 games W3 D5 L2 F16 A12 Pts 14

skybluepm2

We must remember that this isn't his team and the one signing he has made has been awesome.

I just pray that talks have begun behind the scenes, terms have been agreed in principle and we get it signed and sealed within the next couple of weeks. If we lose him now I think it will be the final straw for many of the remaining faithful. Personally I would be devastated if he wasn't here next season.

Gazolba

10-match yardstick was not bad, however the 11-match yardstick not so great.

A sure sign that TM is cutting the mustard is by analysing the last 10 games:

P10 W4 D4 L2 f10 a8 Pts 16

If this form is extrapolated across a full 46 game season we would be in the top 6 four out of the last five seasons despite a woeful home record.

We are exceptionally lucky to have TM's services - let's hope the mighty SISU recognise this and invest accordingly !!

Nurse.........

ME AND MY BIG GOB

woe is me....................

Users who are viewing this thread