10 points clear of Sunderland (1 Viewer)

messiahrobins

I consider them a small third rate club based in the middle of nowhere and have never seen them as a rival in any shape or form as they have never been remotely close to us achievement wise in over half a century.
However, i make this thread purely on the basis that before we played them at the CBS, their fans on their forum (i always have peek at every opposition clubs forums a few days before we play them) they were to a man saying we would be bottom 6 without Hamer and Gyokeres and salivating that they would be in the promotion mix.
I hate gloating, but i cannot help but chuckle really 😝

jimmyhillsfanclub

Landscape Tumbleweed GIF

covboy9

I like the rivalry

they hate us and we despise them

gloating about them being shit is no good unless we get out of this league

HerneBayGaz

I do not care about Sunderland.
A lot of our fans don't care 2 stuffs about their bitter and twisted club. How a set of fans that can still hark on about something that happened over 40 years beggers belief. And the majority weren't even born when 'Jimmy sent them down'

messiahrobins

Nah. My hatred of them only began when I realised their fans general opinions of us. They are a bunch of cretins. Starting a thread about them is slightly embarrassing mind, one might say a very Sunderland thing to do.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Id have started the same thread about any club that had been saying we are bottom six material while they were promotion hopefuls. Thing is, no other fanbase was that thick. Its not specifically a Sunderland thing, it just happened to be the fact that they were fucking stupid and like i say, made me chuckle.

messiahrobins

A lot of our fans don't care 2 stuffs about their bitter and twisted club. How a set of fans that can still hark on about something that happened over 40 years beggers belief. And the majority weren't even born when 'Jimmy sent them down'
Sunderland is a very deprived place, with the highest rates of suicide i think i am right in saying in Europe. It is a deeply depressing place where there is nothing to do so they sort of vicariously live through their football club. I feel very sorry for them. I don't hate them at all, i actually want them to do well to give the people there some happiness as to me they are not rivals in any shape or form, but as i said, i have yet to see any fanbase in European football be so off beam in their predictions.
This thread was not a dig at Sunderland really, as i pity them, it was more of point about how amateurs not involved in the game can lack a basic understanding of the game.

messiahrobins

Nah , they voted us as their second most hated team about a year and a half ago on SMB , they've atleast 10 pages of threads on coventry city there
we are almost 200 odd miles away? Do they honestly see us as a local rival? Is Geography still on the curriculum up there?

Briles

Delusions of grandeur springs to mind. A lot of their fans can’t accept the club they now are. Living in the past a lot of them but maybe the next generation of fan might be more sensible

Tommo1993

Delusions of grandeur springs to mind. A lot of their fans can’t accept the club they now are. Living in the past a lot of them but maybe the next generation of fan might be more sensible

Ha. Funny that, sounds familiar…

Evo1883

Just looked there are 253 fan threads about coventry city on the sunderland forum since 2020 ..

There are less than a quarter of that on this forum (fan made )

Sbarcher

I hope they do well ( I was born up there). One club city overshadowed by Saudi Utd. Speakman following a model of buying cheap young prospects hoping to cash in on Maturity. However no experience to go along side the kids. No Clarke so lost their best player. Seems the manager has little or no say on transfers.
Not surprised their fans are up in arms.

lifeskyblue

All this about Sunderland is a load of tosh. They have a few entitled idiots and coke heads as we all do. But by and large a good knowledgeable set of fans who support their team through thick and thin. I have far more in common with the vast majority of Sunderland fans than I do the ‘glory hunters’ who spout nonsense about the so called big six

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skyblue in Baku

I think you mean "delusions of adequacy"

Sky Blue Harry H

Agree - 47 years ago. Plain daft, especially when we'd played them loads in between and everybody had forgotten about it - then along came social media :rolleyes:

Flying Fokker

I consider them a small third rate club based in the middle of nowhere and have never seen them as a rival in any shape or form as they have never been remotely close to us achievement wise in over half a century.
However, i make this thread purely on the basis that before we played them at the CBS, their fans on their forum (i always have peek at every opposition clubs forums a few days before we play them) they were to a man saying we would be bottom 6 without Hamer and Gyokeres and salivating that they would be in the promotion mix.
I hate gloating, but i cannot help but chuckle really 😝
Child

Flying Fokker

Id have started the same thread about any club that had been saying we are bottom six material while they were promotion hopefuls. Thing is, no other fanbase was that thick. Its not specifically a Sunderland thing, it just happened to be the fact that they were fucking stupid and like i say, made me chuckle.
Statistically unproven. But they manage to have 41k average attendances so fair chance you may be on to something.

Users who are viewing this thread