11 million pound signing (1 Viewer)

covboy1987

Everton have completed the £11m signing of Charlton Athletic's teenage forward Ademola Lookman.
The 19-year-old joins on a four-and-a-half-year deal until June 2021 he becomes the most expensive signing from League One.

Something not quite right here - Lookman signs for Everton- Our talent Cian Harris has a trial playing for Liverpool against Bangor- if anyone know their football this lad is going right to the top -

Grendel

Everton have completed the £11m signing of Charlton Athletic's teenage forward Ademola Lookman.
The 19-year-old joins on a four-and-a-half-year deal until June 2021 he becomes the most expensive signing from League One.

Something not quite right here - Lookman signs for Everton- Our talent Cian Harris has a trial playing for Liverpool against Bangor- if anyone know their football this lad is going right to the top -

Based on what? Would harries get in our team now? I wouldn't want him anywhere near the first team.

covboy1987

Cian Harries is one of the worst young defenders I have seen play for our senior side.
Everyone is entitled to there own opinion -top football people like Tony Mowbray, Gary Johnson. Chris Coleman to name a few also seem to agree oh and not forgetting Liverpool - doesn't mean he going to become a star but got more than a fair chance

harvey098

I just can't see what position he could play, he's not a defender. However he's probably one of the best passers we've ever produced but how can he utilise that, he's not mobile enough to sit in front of the defence or play any further up the pitch.

Covstu

Couple of points here.
1) lookman is a striker which usually attract much higher fees
2) harries is unproven with little to none first team experience

covboy1987

I just can't see what position he could play, he's not a defender. However he's probably one of the best passers we've ever produced but how can he utilise that, he's not mobile enough to sit in front of the defence or play any further up the pitch.
Quite surprised as it sound so far like he has been written off - To me he is a definite star of the future obviously not with CCFC and so far from comments the fans on here will not miss him either - We shall see

Great_Expectations

He has bags and bags of potential. Not sure how he can be criticised.

Fantastic technique, if he bulks out, plays alongside experienced leaders, while also gaining more playing time himself, he will definitely be a PL CB in a few years.

robbiekeane

Yeesh.

Will charlton be sorted for a while now then? Don't know enough about them other than try have angry fans

Sky Blue Harry H

Cian is 18. Not sure about many on here who have passed through their flush of youth, but at 18 he's a boy and won't have bulked out etc. I wonder what Alan Hansen was like at 18? Certainly not the finished product. why we have to slate him on here at that age, God only knows. Suspect in 5 to 6 years time we will be saying - yeah, he used to play for us. A bit like Daniel Sturridge etc

cloughie

Cian is 18. Not sure about many on here who have passed through their flush of youth, but at 18 he's a boy and won't have bulked out etc. I wonder what Alan Hansen was like at 18? Certainly not the finished product. why we have to slate him on here at that age, God only knows. Suspect in 5 to 6 years time we will be saying - yeah, he used to play for us. A bit like Daniel Sturridge etc
Yep not just sisu who are just shortsighted

JimmyHillsbeard

Everyone is entitled to there own opinion -top football people like Tony Mowbray, Gary Johnson. Chris Coleman to name a few also seem to agree oh and not forgetting Liverpool - doesn't mean he going to become a star but got more than a fair chance
Good luck to Harris I really hope he makes it, with us or via a transfer fee to a new club.

However top football people like.....? were you trying to damn the lad with faint praise?

Terry Gibson's perm

I am sure he will go far in the game, he is a bit raw at the moment but will only get better.

The football world is mad when you see transfer fees like this.

higgs

Gareth Barry type player?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Johnnythespider

I like Cian, he reminds me of Gary Gillespie. He's a defender who can pick a pass, carry the ball from the back and beat a man, for that reason I think he's worth a punt for a prem club. If he goes i will be sorry to see it but that's football

Grendel

Here we see the classic Cov fan inability to tell their arse from their elbow when it comes to young players.

See also: Callum Wilson, Ben Turner and Cyrus Christie

Those 3 were all in their 20's and between them had played over 200 games for us and were sold collectively for over £4 million. I'd say the classic are Bigi, Thomas and Haynes who fans thought were going to be Premier stars but are at best mediocre League 1 and 2 players. For every player that is a success there is are more that are not.

Astute

Those 3 were all in their 20's and between them had played over 200 games for us and were sold collectively for over £4 million. I'd say the classic are Bigi, Thomas and Haynes who fans thought were going to be Premier stars but are at best mediocre League 1 and 2 players. For every player that is a success there is are more that are not.
Says the person who said Wilson would struggle in the Championship. When his goals got his club promotion said he would struggle in the Prem. He started very well until he got a bad injury.

He might not be scoring all the time this season. But he plays for a struggling side. Andbigger clubs are getting interested.

Certainly not the shit player you tried to make him out to be.

lifeskyblue

Like many I think harries has the potential to go all the way. At the moment he is still v young and a lot can happen physically and mentally to the lad over the next couple years. The right coaching and support now will be vital to him. I honestly think his style is less suited to L1 than a higher level and whether he ends up as a central defender or a defensive midfielder only time will tell.
Wether he stays or goes I would wish the lad well in his career. I certainly wouldn't blame him for following his dreams when a premier league club comes knocking.

PUSB
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trevelfarandwide

Stick him in the Beckenbauer role, sweeper. :) Seriously though, although Harries has great prospects, he's very raw and very rough around the ends; saying that, at Liverpool, he'd be molded into something quite special. It's a modern day trait for CB's, to have that technical side to their game, which isn't to my taste, but hey ho.

Klopp is known for his preference to developing/nurturing young talent, so Harries will be in good hands if the move is permanent.

As for Lookman, I can't say if he's worth the money, since I don't really stay abreast of other club's dealings; seems a big outlay for a L1 player. Even if CCFC had a talent of this value, would we trust SISU to redistribute a respectable amount of the fee into the club for wages and transfers? Nope, course not.

Esoterica

Lookman has already played a season and scored several in the Championship. And his fee is supposed to be £7.5m with add ons rising to £11m.

David O'Day

Harries is a centre half that can't defend, he maybe good but most likely he won't be

clint van damme

I tend to agree with what your saying but you're putting yourself on the back foot straight away by describing Chris Coleman as a top football person.

SkyBlueSid

Will charlton be sorted for a while now then? Don't know enough about them other than try have angry fans
Yes, £11m may well sort Charlton for a while. They have rubbish owners, too, don't they? So who knows how much of that would be invested in the team. Even a couple of million buys a lot in the bargain basement we are in.

One thing is for certain. If CCFC sold someone for £11m then I think we know how much of that would be invested on the field - sod all! It might just bring the day closer when this vermin finally sell up and leave though.

Skyblueweeman

Lookman has played 49 times in the Championship, L1 and FA Cup, scoring 12 goals in the process. He's also played 8 times for England Unders teams, scoring once.

Harries has made 14 appearances in L1 and the JPT.

Not sure what the query is?

letsallsingtogether

Says the person who said Wilson would struggle in the Championship. When his goals got his club promotion said he would struggle in the Prem. He started very well until he got a bad injury.

He might not be scoring all the time this season. But he plays for a struggling side. Andbigger clubs are getting interested.

Certainly not the shit player you tried to make him out to be.
I remember that classic thread:)

Users who are viewing this thread