12th Man (1 Viewer)

TakeMeHome

Time to get behind the team, if you can get up there tomorrow....do it. Time for us to become the 12th Man. See you there!

Otis

Time to get behind the team, if you can get up there tomorrow....do it. Time for us to become the 12th Man. See you there!

Hasn't it always been the case that we should have been the 12th man? Why should we suddenly become the 12th man now?

Had we done it years ago we wouldn't even be in this mess. :(

Last edited:

ccfcway

Hasn't it always been the case that we should have been the 12th man? Why should we suddenly become the 12th man now?

Like Rangers and Pompy ?

TakeMeHome

Totally agree mate, nothing makes me happier than seeing a stadium full of Cov fans. Was more a rallying cry to get more of us up there and get behind them!

Gint11

Agree. Club needs us now. TM needs us now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otis

Agree. Club needs us now. TM needs us now

Maybe I am bitter and twisted then, but the club needed us after the Gillingham and Yeovil games and from that point then on and SP needed us all season.

TakeMeHome

Maybe I am bitter and twisted then, but the club needed us after the Gillingham and Yeovil games and from that point then on and SP needed us all season.

Yep. Even at Yeovil I couldn't believe the drop off, especially as it was 1) A Saturday 2) A reasonably nice day

Wheelfass

Hey C'mon Otis, after all the years of fight the relegation battle it really did need to come from within. I think we have given plenty really. Guess we still will PUSB.

Gint11

Agree with that too.

pusbccfc

[video=youtube;y_t_QAe5qmI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_t_QAe5qmI[/video]

Will never, ever understand how 17,000 people could walk away from this. 70% of the people in this video have failed to turn up again on a regular basis..

That night also let us all know that the Ricoh is one hell of a stadium.

ccfcway

[video=youtube;y_t_QAe5qmI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_t_QAe5qmI[/video]

Will never, ever understand how 17,000 people could walk away from this. 70% of the people in this video have failed to turn up again on a regular basis..

That night also let us all know that the Ricoh is one hell of a stadium.

havent we won only 1 or 2 games at home since then ?

Gazolba

Why can't people understand that other people don't want to watch crap. There are alternative things to spend our money on. The only cure is for the team to start winning home games with entertaining football. It's not up to the fans to drag themselves there, it's up to the club to make people want to go.

Covfather

Agree, give people entertainment, goals and be in top 3, you will struggle to get a ticket. It's just a shame the owners don't see it.

Otis

Why can't people understand that other people don't want to watch crap. There are alternative things to spend our money on. The only cure is for the team to start winning home games with entertaining football. It's not up to the fans to drag themselves there, it's up to the club to make people want to go.

Well yes, I would agree with that, but we beat Gillngham and Yeovil. Did the missing fans have a sixth sense that the football to come in the next home game was going to be crap and therefore decided they would not go up?

The football did become crap as the season wore on, but how did all these missing fans know it was going to be crap in advance? Apparently we played some really good football at Sixfields last season, so I for one was expecting us to play good football this season too.

Wish I could have seen into the future too.

Marty

The football was crap from the first whistle. I'm a season ticket holder but only been to about 5 games. The poor football made my decision to work overtime instead of going so much easier. I'll be back today, not expecting miracles but hoping for attacking football that gets people back up

Otis

The football was crap from the first whistle. I'm a season ticket holder but only been to about 5 games. The poor football made my decision to work overtime instead of going so much easier. I'll be back today, not expecting miracles but hoping for attacking football that gets people back up

But those first 2 games we won and even when teams play good football, not every game isn't a good game and they don't always play well.

I fully understand the crowds dropping off as the season wore on, but I feel it is a poor excuse after just a couple of home games I have to say.

gary_ccfcforever

For value for money this is the worst season i can remember. Going to the Ricoh has become an absolute chore and downright dull.

For the 1st time in a long time i'm feeling a little more positive, i feel ripped off paying £15 a game at the moment so to be honest i can't imagine what people paying the full price walkup amount feel like.

Lets hope we get a morale boosting win and a better crowd today!

PUSB

Sky Blue Kid

But those first 2 games we won and even when teams play good football, not every game isn't a good game and they don't always play well. I fully understand the crowds dropping off as the season wore on, but I feel it is a poor excuse after just a couple of home games I have to say.
Why don't you start a straw poll(I don't know how to) asking why any of the 27k crowd didn't turn up to the Yeovil game, and subsequent games thereafter. I wonder how many say the same as me. Fisher pissing on everyones chips after all tickets were sold, saying "It's only a temporary homecoming" Make that one of the options. :)

The Penguin

Why don't you start a straw poll(I don't know how to) asking why any of the 27k crowd didn't turn up to the Yeovil game, and subsequent games thereafter. I wonder how many say the same as me. Fisher pissing on everyones chips after all tickets were sold, saying "It's only a temporary homecoming" Make that one of the options. :)

It doesn't entirely​ explain the massive drop off, but yeah, that was a massive fuck up by the Fishman.

Otis

Yes, it was.

It really knocked the wind out of my sails for us.

I was euphoric and really happy we were home and everything was looking rosy and he suddenly comes out with 'We're not staying.'

The timing of that was an absolute bag of shite.

pusbccfc

We had that game where tickets were a tenner, yet we couldn't attract more than 10,000.
I still believe that if all tickets were a pound, we wouldn't sell out.

Sky Blue Kid

We had that game where tickets were a tenner, yet we couldn't attract more than 10,000. I still believe that if all tickets were a pound, we wouldn't sell out.
Oh Yeah!...and how much were tickets for the Gillingham game? A lot more than a pound I think, and how many in the ground was it?...errrr "A full house wasn't it?"(Safety restrictions in place otherwise 32k would have been there)

Otis

No it hasn't always been the case, what a stupid comment. People have been tearing their hair out with emotions of hatred, guilt, confusion etc. Families opinions have been split and communities have dwindled to nothing.
It might be straight forward to you, but passion has many guises.
I'm not a member of the NOPM group, but I will never go up until sisu have gone.
I'm sick of the sell on of our better players for no returns, again and again, while I'm expected to put money into the pockets of those parasites. I'm as much, sick of it now, as i was last season and the season before that, and he season before that............
I love my team, but I'll love them at away games only, thank you very much.

Hasn't always been the case that we should have been the 12th man?

Can't see owt wrong with that at all. I fully understand why some fans no longer go up, but the extent of the drop off is quite shocking, in spite of everything.

Dare say though had we had another JPT area final we would be getting close to 30,000 again and lots of principals would be going out of windows.

Sky Blue Pete

Absolutely happy for people to have reasons not to go but my fear for them, and us all really, is that without the support they won't get to have a club to choose to follow in the future

robbiethemole

on CWR last night I thought I heard Clive say that SISU had no "immediate" plans to move out off the Ricoh. A complete U turn for the fat fecker who should STFU and piss off

Users who are viewing this thread