1400 Members (1 Viewer)

rob9872

Well I've posted at CET for a couple of years and only here a few days but if this remains a stable platform I see no reason to return now even if it ever comes up again. It would be nice if we were all in one place not just to get the quick goss and a united front but we would be stronger in numbers when we need to get things going and get behind something. I'm a bit p*ssed now been out all day so rambling a little but you get what I mean I hope

Paxman II

GMK'ers come on over but respect this site.

One reason GMK has now failed is the loose admin since Smiles departed and the amount of nonsense and sheer impertinence and disgraceful behaviour with even the language going beyond the pale. Please remember this site is for all whether 10 years old or 90 years old. Off topic and simply attacking people for their own amusement was not contributing, rather monotonously boring and pathetic not to mention divisive.
I sincerely hope that never happens here and I think we have a good captain at the helm who very much knows what he is doing.
This site works alarmingly well, fast and does what it says on the tin with some fun areas thrown in for good measure.

Last edited:

les_miserables

I am one of GMKs older and busiest posters but it has lost it's way alarmingly lately, for ever going down and always it seems when something major is happening at the club. This site is okay and will slowly replace GMK.
I hope admin jump on bad language I can swear with the best of them but kids and ladies read these sites and there's no need for it, if you can't converse without a load of sewerage coming out of your gob don't bother.

Nick

Administrator
I am one of GMKs older and busiest posters but it has lost it's way alarmingly lately, for ever going down and always it seems when something major is happening at the club. This site is okay and will slowly replace GMK.
I hope admin jump on bad language I can swear with the best of them but kids and ladies read these sites and there's no need for it, if you can't converse without a load of sewerage coming out of your gob don't bother.

I think it is a fine line with swearing as it can get either like a teacher telling kids off, or become an f and c free for all!

I am working to replace words to make them less aggressive like feck!

skyblu3sk

I think nick is looking in to a filter for this at the moment.

skyblueinBaku

A lot seems to be made of GMK members coming here, with very little mention of ex-CET forum members. I was on CET forum, and I recognise one or two others on here but not many. Are they all keeping quiet hoping that the CET forum will restart?

Nick

Administrator
A lot seems to be made of GMK members coming here, with very little mention of ex-CET forum members. I was on CET forum, and I recognise one or two others on here but not many. Are they all keeping quiet hoping that the CET forum will restart?

I must admit I used CET the most and speak to Smithers a fair bit, he is a good bloke!

I have seen kevinleftpeg and a few others sign up though :)

redsox

Facebook User
With regard to the swearing , I must say I agree with Nick in that it is a fine line. I would hate to see swearing for its own sake, or used excessively, but then again I'm not sure I would ban it either. If your experience is anything like mine the ladies and the kids know as many swear words (if not more) than us old'uns anyway. I haven't experienced any excessive foul language on this site as of yet, so either I'm not paying attention or Nick, my man, you're doing a good job! I think that maybe a nice tone has been set from the off and I think people are respectful (mostly) of others on this site. We may not always agree with each other but neither will we abuse each other for our differences, I think that makes for a good site. I for one enjoy it & like some of the new tweaks too!! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread