18 month Status Report on Three Year Plan for New Stadium (1 Viewer)

John_Silletts_Nose

I happened to see this old Coventry Telegraph article dated 18th May 2013 regarding the status of CCFC as outlined by Tim Fisher and the three year plan to design & deliver a new stadium.

As today is 18th November 2014 we are now half-way (ie. 18 months) into the plan.

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/coventry-city-chief-left-ricoh-3869400

Tim is quoted in the article as saying:
“That long-term vision has us playing in the Coventry area in a new stadium that will be designed and delivered in three years."
“We have started the process of procuring land so that we can shift the new stadium build forward at a pace."
"People have to understand we do not posture, we do not threaten, because that is not how you do business, you only do business in good faith. Always."

As far as I can see from the results there has been no significant progress on any goals.

I believe that the club should state their short term plans for the team (which Pressley is managing and not yet delivering) and the long term plans (with dates and milestones for deliverables) so that we fans can see that a real long term plan exists and can measure the progress (this is with Waggott/Fisher and ultimately Seppalla).

Last edited:
I happened to see this old Coventry Telegraph article dated 18th May 2013 regarding the status of CCFC as outlined by Tim Fisher and the three year plan to design & deliver a new stadium.

As today is 18th November 2014 we are now half-way (ie. 18 months) into the plan.

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/coventry-city-chief-left-ricoh-3869400

Tim is quoted in the article as saying:
“That long-term vision has us playing in the Coventry area in a new stadium that will be designed and delivered in three years."
“We have started the process of procuring land so that we can shift the new stadium build forward at a pace."
"People have to understand we do not posture, we do not threaten, because that is not how you do business, you only do business in good faith. Always."

As far as I can see from the results there has been no significant progress on any goals.

I believe that the club should state there short term plans for the team (which Pressley is managing and not yet delivering) and the long term plans (with dates and milestones for deliverables) so that we fans can see that a real long term plan exists and can measure the progress (this is with Waggott/Fisher and ultimately Seppalla).

I think that you are right the SISU crew should do as you say, that is what reasonable and legitimate business people would believe is the minimum standard. But you, I and 95% of the population know that they won't.

Bill Glazier

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
HahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

chiefdave

Everyone who's ever worked on even the smallest project knows that deadlines for various stages are put in place. So as they won't give us a date for anything you can draw one of two conclusions, either there is no plan at all or even SISU themselves are not confident in their ability to do their job properly and meet their own deadlines.

When this whole new stadium business started I thought we'd pretty quickly see some land purchased before years of delays. After all it's pretty easy to purchase land and they can just hold onto it for years with little chance of making a significant loss when they sell it. Doing that would have at least presented some evidence that something was happening. The fact that 18 months in they've not even managed that says a lot about how serious they were about actually building the thing. Of course now they've backed themselves into a corner and might have to actually build it.

spider_ricoh

I just want them to shut up about the new ground and announce a new long term lease for the Ricoh. With the Ricoh an ideal, purpose built venue, the idea of building another new ground for the sake of the pie revenues is totally farcical.

Users who are viewing this thread