19/20 Accounts (1 Viewer)

Grendel

It looks horrendous

Winny the Bish

- My very basic skills seem to suggest that playing at St Andrews cost us £750k more than whatever we pay for the Ricoh
- Paid £2.5m in transfers last summer, received £1.5m in sell-ons, and paid £700k in promotion bonuses
- Match receipts were halved playing at St Andrews
- Wages went up by £1m

Playing at St Andrews was NOT viable for the club. Judging by the numbers, we would've wanted a return to the Ricoh just as much as Wasps.

Grendel

Yes it does make me laugh when people think we’re in a position to hold out for £10m for players, as if they’re worth that anyway.

These owners need to be thanked for really making the club financially stable.

COVID has little impact on these figures. It’s catastrophic mismanagement

rexo87

Think it shows we are very likely to sell one of our prized assets (Hamer or Ohare). Another thing I’ve picked up on is that it cost us nearly 800k more to rent at St Andrews than we were doing at Ricoh originally. Could be wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grendel

Equally I don’t think anyone is surprised by the numbers nor do I think many clubs in our league will have vastly different general pictures

Without player sales we’d have lost far more than many clubs I’d guess - COVID had little impact remember

Grendel

Also, wages increased by 1M from Ricoh to St Andrews?!

That’s no surprise gross wages I guessed at £7m

skyblu3sk

If you look at the amount accrued in interest at circa £2m and the bonus structure at £700k I don't think they are all that bad... although next year will be worse...

rexo87

Club also believes they can re-coup some losses from pandemic through business insurance

Brighton Sky Blue

Without player sales we’d have lost far more than many clubs I’d guess - COVID had little impact remember

Yes, but we made those sales as it’s part of the recruitment strategy. There are even bigger basket cases in this division which collectively is probably the least financially stable in Europe

Grendel

But that works out as deliberate investment in the playing squad by the owners surely?

Funded by selling players

Grendel

Yes, but we made those sales as it’s part of the recruitment strategy. There are even bigger basket cases in this division which collectively is probably the least financially stable in Europe

League 1?

Frostie

Absolutely. It's a risky strategy though.

Next years accounts will be an interesting one. We didn't have a big sale in the year just gone (just the Wilson sell on?) + the Covid effect, no crowds etc. + further increased wage bill.
Will the uplift in TV money cover all that?

Wilson being sold to Newcastle came just at the right time by the looks of it.

That'll be in next year's won't it?

Evo1883

Since those accounts . We will be bringing in more than 12 plus million in solidarity and TV when you include the upcoming season .. something league 1 never afforded us at all .

Lose 3.5 million , gained 6/7 million plus .

Sadly the pandemic happened in between all this .

If we never got promoted then yes it's a big problem

Evo1883

Next years accounts will be an interesting one. We didn't have a big sale in the year just gone (just the Wilson sell on?) + the Covid effect, no crowds etc. + further increased wage bill.

That'll be in next year's won't it?

The solidarity payment in league 1 is around 6/700k isn't it?

Championship its several million plus much more TV money

Shows the importance of remaining in this division

Brighton Sky Blue

We gained approx £5.5m in base payments plus an extra £650k from TV appearances. That all in and another £3 million loss seems quite plausible

Users who are viewing this thread