2 different sets of emotions expressed in exactly the same way (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

Coventry fans invade the pitch v Sheffield United to express displeasure about the way the club is ran .

Hundreds of Sheffield United fans invade the pitch at Northampton after they scored a goal to express their happiness about the direction the club is going .

Please tell me what is the difference ?
Hypocritical much , I think so

pusbccfc

They only care about themselves. One rule for them and another for us.

Grendel

The difference is a management company and Sheffield council won't use it as an excuse to make entry to the ground akin to Fort Kmox afterwards.

wingy

Erm hate to say it but it was in celebration and the game was over, unless I've missed something. :-/

Grendel

Again regarding our restrictions it was utterly absurd that a group of adults with very young children were denied access as one young girl had a replica blow up cup. She was standing looking confused. The stewards insisted they stood outside while he radiod someone to see if they were allowed in the stadium.

I made a sarcastic comment to him and then of course was searched and he demanded to see my season ticket. I just laughed and asked if he was a traffic warden in the day. He then said do I want to go in or not?

Just a joke. Well done wasps well done CCC

Reactions: KG7

Grendel

Didn't you like the question? Struck a nerve did it? You carry on getting agitated on here,

I think the struck nerve is the other way round. I'm on a sun lounger with an enormous bottle of beer looking out on a field of horses.

D

Deleted member 4439

Blade fans kicked off inside the ground as well. Some comments from the cobblers

"Well, if things went Sheffield's way I fully intended to stay at the end to applaud their achievement. In the event, the behaviour of their scum fans changed my mind and I just left the ground. What a bunch of dicks."

"disgraceful behaviour. How did they get so many tickets in the home areas? Don't mind if they behave, but all they wanted was to wind up the home support. Total w@nkers."

"Multiple pitch invasions and not one person ejected. Even the idiot in the clown suit, allowed to taunt our fans and then ushered back to the away end.
Add to that the couple of hundred who were allowed to stand at the front of the stand for the entire game...safe standing for away fans it seems!! Don't know how much it has cost to repair those advertising hoardings game after game."

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Blade fans kicked off inside the ground as well. Some comments from the cobblers

"Well, if things went Sheffield's way I fully intended to stay at the end to applaud their achievement. In the event, the behaviour of their scum fans changed my mind and I just left the ground. What a bunch of dicks."

"disgraceful behaviour. How did they get so many tickets in the home areas? Don't mind if they behave, but all they wanted was to wind up the home support. Total w@nkers."

"Multiple pitch invasions and not one person ejected. Even the idiot in the clown suit, allowed to taunt our fans and then ushered back to the away end.
Add to that the couple of hundred who were allowed to stand at the front of the stand for the entire game...safe standing for away fans it seems!! Don't know how much it has cost to repair those advertising hoardings game after game."
Still not as bad as six people with a banner

Evo1883

Just been on their forum. They're still not happy :facepalm:. Trying to be nice!
That's because they are a bunch of hypocritical knob heads , unless it's all about Sheffield United nothing else matters .
And they also got outsang for 70 minutes by 308 fans , imagine that

chiefdave

Again regarding our restrictions it was utterly absurd
The stewarding is ridiculous. The queues to get in given the size crowds we're getting are a joke. Saw a couple of fans get refused entry today, not sure what was going on. They certainly didn't seem drunk or like they were kicking off.

italiahorse

The stewarding is ridiculous. The queues to get in given the size crowds we're getting are a joke. Saw a couple of fans get refused entry today, not sure what was going on. They certainly didn't seem drunk or like they were kicking off.
Ive seen an adult refused entry on a child's ticket.

Grendel

Interesting to observe done if these comments.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Again regarding our restrictions it was utterly absurd that a group of adults with very young children were denied access as one young girl had a replica blow up cup. She was standing looking confused. The stewards insisted they stood outside while he radiod someone to see if they were allowed in the stadium.

I made a sarcastic comment to him and then of course was searched and he demanded to see my season ticket. I just laughed and asked if he was a traffic warden in the day. He then said do I want to go in or not?

Just a joke. Well done wasps well done CCC
Utterly unnecessary , the whole thing. Makes the supporters feel that they are nothing more than an inconvenience.

Rusty Trombone

Does anyone know the admittance rules for people turning up late? I couldn't get there until after the second half started, but the first steward said I couldn't come in, he brought a bouncer type fella along who said I couldn't come in, but he said he didn't make the rules, I queried what rules, but he just shrugged. My mate who had taken my 8 year old to the game, with the arrangement being that I would collect him, came down and got a supervisor, who was also unable to make a decision, but he agreed to ask someone else, and fortunately they immediately said I could get in.

The other frustrating element was that the very first steward was the same chap that let me in during the second half a few weeks ago, he said he couldn't remember that though. I thought it odd that he couldn't remember as that also turned into a bit of a performance as he originally closed the door on me whilst he said he was going to get someone else to ask, but after he didn't come back I had to get another mate to come down, when I eventually got in I asked the steward why he hadn't come back, he said it was because he thought I was an away fan, despite me showing him my season ticket, and wearing a city top.

oscillatewildly

Does anyone know the admittance rules for people turning up late? I couldn't get there until after the second half started, but the first steward said I couldn't come in, he brought a bouncer type fella along who said I couldn't come in, but he said he didn't make the rules, I queried what rules, but he just shrugged. My mate who had taken my 8 year old to the game, with the arrangement being that I would collect him, came down and got a supervisor, who was also unable to make a decision, but he agreed to ask someone else, and fortunately they immediately said I could get in.

The other frustrating element was that the very first steward was the same chap that let me in during the second half a few weeks ago, he said he couldn't remember that though. I thought it odd that he couldn't remember as that also turned into a bit of a performance as he originally closed the door on me whilst he said he was going to get someone else to ask, but after he didn't come back I had to get another mate to come down, when I eventually got in I asked the steward why he hadn't come back, he said it was because he thought I was an away fan, despite me showing him my season ticket, and wearing a city top.
Too many window lickers employed by that club.

italiahorse

Utterly unnecessary , the whole thing. Makes the supporters feel that they are nothing more than an inconvenience.
I've no problem being searched if it makes it safer. Especially these days.
Not sure why a kids blow up toy would be queried to be honest.
Do find these days that when going away particularly the police etc just want to get us in and get us away as quick as possible.
I've taken people in wheelchairs to some grounds and stewards have stood in front of them 10 minutes before the end of the match claiming security issues.
It's a problem in general with football where a few opposing fans can't seem to get near each other so the whole fan base has to suffer.

Terry Gibson's perm

I have just seen the disgusting scenes from Northampton they should have points deducted and hundreds of banning orders placed on the people on the pitch

Users who are viewing this thread