2 further bids are 'strong' and from 'experienced football people'... (1 Viewer)

junglej13

According to Les Reid from the CT. More details in the Telegraph tomorrow morning.

ajsccfc

_1791631_bryanrichardson300.jpg

Read last week that napoli owner wants buy a english league club, And also were'nt there a bloke wanting buy birmingham not so long ago can't remember the name at the min....

lordsummerisle

I think somewhere along the line we may see Ranson return. I suspect closer to the Hoffman/Elliott/ Haskell bid though. I wouldn't actually mind.

He must have a very luxurious lifestyle if he's already spent all the money he trousered off us before and needs some more.

Maybe he needs some to give to Cardiff?

Grendel

He must have a very luxurious lifestyle if he's already spent all the money he trousered off us before and needs some more.

Maybe he needs some to give to Cardiff?

Perhaps we can have a board full of ex football men. Imagine Richardson ranson bates and ridesdale all together taking a punt and living the dream.

wingy

How very odd it is all becoming .
We are either pursued by a load of chancers or SISU are in a weaker position than portrayed and are going to topple.:p

Sick Boy

I think somewhere along the line we may see Ranson return. I suspect closer to the Hoffman/Elliott/ Haskell bid though. I wouldn't actually mind.

haha, are you serious? Yet more hypocrisy on this forum. Fisher has been slated for claiming we are debt free, yet Ranson seems to escape any form of criticism whatsoever. It is depressing that city fans seem to never learn.

Sick Boy

I think Ransom walked as he was sick of having to do SISU'S dirty work as they changed the agreed plan, a bit more backbone than Tim.

Yeah. Alright,mate.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2011/mar/31/ray-ranson-cardiff-city

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/mar/02/football-league-cardiff-city-mortgage

I wonder what the reaction on here would be if Fisher was involved in such a thing. As I said, the double standards on here are comical sometimes.

Last edited:

lordsummerisle

I think Ransom walked as he was sick of having to do SISU'S dirty work as they changed the agreed plan, a bit more backbone than Tim.

Yeah, poor old Ranson.

He carried around Sisu for three years in his briefcase like some sort of itinerant Betterware salesman, touting them(and him) to any club that would have them.

Unfortunately for us, we were the only ones stupid enough to take them on.

To be fair his agreed plan of employing one of the worst managers the club has ever had, increasing the debt, drastically reducing the attendances and woeful performance on the field probably not the best plan in the first place.

SkyblueBazza

Yeah, poor old Ranson.

He carried around Sisu for three years in his briefcase like some sort of itinerant Betterware salesman, touting them(and him) to any club that would have them.

Unfortunately for us, we were the only ones stupid enough to take them on.

To be fair his agreed plan of employing one of the worst managers the club has ever had, increasing the debt, drastically reducing the attendances and woeful performance on the field probably not the best plan in the first place.

Yes...in hindsight (such a gift!) their plan didn't work. It was almost as flawed as your post. I thought it was they who took US on? Without them we might not have had a club back then.

lordsummerisle

Yes...in hindsight (such a gift!) their plan didn't work. It was almost as flawed as your post. I thought it was they who took US on? Without them we might not have had a club back then.

With them we may not have a club now.

I also don't know why people keep banging on about "hindsight", whatever is wrong with a bit of "foresight"?

mattylad

I know people have short memories but does no one remember ransons parting line? "I soon realised the fans would slate me no matter what I said so I just stopped talking to them" (and people want him back? )

lordsummerisle

I know people have short memories but does no one remember ransons parting line? "I soon realised the fans would slate me no matter what I said so I just stopped talking to them" (and people want him back? )

I don't know where he got that idea from anyway, the fans forums with him were always a sickening, sycophantic lovefest of immense proportions.

Some of them still feel the same.

SkyblueBazza

With them we may not have a club now.

I also don't know why people keep banging on about "hindsight", whatever is wrong with a bit of "foresight"?

Ahh...are you one of those people that had such foresight that you opposed their taking over the club?
Whatever happens to pull us out of admin - there will still be a club. Maybe not in the form we'd all like, after a waving of some sort of magic-wand or something, but we will be around. If nothing else, them saving us back then has at least gained us 5 other bidders in our current situation.

sky blue john

haha, are you serious? Yet more hypocrisy on this forum. Fisher has been slated for claiming we are debt free, yet Ranson seems to escape any form of criticism whatsoever. It is depressing that city fans seem to never learn.

There are a lot of us that realize that ccfc have no future if Sisu remain in control !!!

SkyblueBazza

Ray Ranson

" We will leave this club in a much better position than we found it":jerkit:

They might yet (here's hoping!) They might leave us in a situation where the club & Ricoh is lock stock & barrel owned by one entity, under one banner with revenue streams that will enable us to flourish rapidly...with a united fanbase that's fills the Ricoh every match.

dongonzalos

Can't get the Sheff Wed thing out of my head.

Hoping Milan knowing SISU are out has tried to sell Weds to them.

Just hope Milan is not in the running for us.

Users who are viewing this thread