2 of the best championship players ever (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

Maybe for us they were ( vik and hamer ) these players were playing championship football in 2019 alone and I'm sure there are plenty more .

Are they really 2 of the best to ever play in this league ? Probably not , doesn't mean they aren't great players , vik especially imo is better than Watkins in different ways .. not a huge fan of Watkins if I'm honest.. but the talent this league has seen is there to see
F_oaK6BWoAAyTvS.jpeg

AJB1983

I think something like this has to be based on how good they were when playing in champ, not necessarily their achievements/exploits since. (Otherwise apply it to League One and it would be half our Mowbray team with Maddison, Murphy, Cole and Armstrong).

Mate of mine is a blues fan who saw Bellingham make his debut for blues and he said that game alone he was the best player he’d ever seen in championship.
Grealish I’d probably say yes, couldn’t really comment on the others as didn’t see them play.

Alkhen

I think something like this has to be based on how good they were when playing in champ, not necessarily their achievements/exploits since. (Otherwise apply it to League One and it would be half our Mowbray team with Maddison, Murphy, Cole and Armstrong).

Mate of mine is a blues fan who saw Bellingham make his debut for blues and he said that game alone he was the best player he’d ever seen in championship.
Grealish I’d probably say yes, couldn’t really comment on the others as didn’t see them play.

Yeah agreed needs to be on the merits of their achievements in this division really. I mean We had Jordan Henderson in the Championship, not my favourite player but he has had an unbelievably successful career. Didn't exactly light the division up at 18/19 though did he

the rumpo kid

And Ryan Kent was excellent at that time too.

Legia Sky Blue

When Bellingham played against us in the cup games I thought he was being a bit overhyped. Certainly got that one wrong!

AJB1983

When Bellingham played against us in the cup games I thought he was being a bit overhyped. Certainly got that one wrong!
Well apparently Jobe was better than Jude as they were coming through the age groups, and the two times I’ve seen Jobe play at the CBS I didn’t think he stood out at all. But what do I know.

San Francisco

Yeah agreed needs to be on the merits of their achievements in this division really. I mean We had Jordan Henderson in the Championship, not my favourite player but he has had an unbelievably successful career. Didn't exactly light the division up at 18/19 though did he

Agreed. With that being said then Mitrovic is clearly among them if not the best to have graced this division.

Skybluedownunder

Aaron Ramsey played against us for Cardiff at
16 or so and he was a class above, nobody could get close

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pusbccfc

Comfortably.

They single (double) handedly carried a side toward the play offs and then to a play off final.

Look at the state of us now without them.

SeaSeeEffCee

Depends what you’re classing it on really. Hamer was better in the Championship than Bellingham was for example, but Bellingham is undoubtedly the better player now. Same could be argued for Gyokeres with most other Championship strikers. He was absolute monster and had everything.

Londonccfcfan

Maybe for us they were ( vik and hamer ) these players were playing championship football in 2019 alone and I'm sure there are plenty more .

Are they really 2 of the best to ever play in this league ? Probably not , doesn't mean they aren't great players , vik especially imo is better than Watkins in different ways .. not a huge fan of Watkins if I'm honest.. but the talent this league has seen is there to see
View attachment 32482
Wtf how does Eze get in ahead of Maddison who was ridiculous for Norwich in championship .

Users who are viewing this thread