20 strikers to replace Callum Wilson (1 Viewer)

ccfcway

The CT ran an article about the 20 strikers who might replace Callum Wilson a few days after he left us.

Here is the list. With the benefit of 6 months hindsight, who would you have liked and who have we potentially dodged a bullet on ?

Craig Davies - Bolton Wanderers
Tom Eaves - Bolton Wanderers
Scott Hogan - Rochdale
Nathan Delfounso - Free agent -
Sam Winnall - Scunthorpe United
Tom Pope - Port Vale
Will Hoskins - Free agent
Josh McQuoid - Bournemouth
Farid El Alagui- Free agent
Michael Ngoo - Free agent
Robbie Earnshaw - Free agent
John Cofie - Free agent
Martin Paterson - Huddersfield Town
Ishmael Miller - Free agent
Brett Pitman - Bournemouth
Jon Stead - Huddersfield Town
Chris Maguire - Sheffield Wednesday
Marcus Tudgay - Free agent
Conor Sammon - Derby County

Last edited:

stupot07

Chris Maguire.......the same Chris Maguire that starts week in week out for a decent Sheff Wednesday side.....that was likely.

I'd have probably gone for Davies and Miller, given the choice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

kg82

Chris Maguire.......the same Chris Maguire that starts week in week out for a decent Sheff Wednesday side.....that was likely.

I'd have probably gone for Davies and Miller, given the choice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

To be fair, a few of them are probably out of our range! Maguire was out of the picture at Wednesday when he came to us last season. I know he went back there and played most of the rest of the season but maybe the telegraph thought he wouldn't?

I'd probably take Davies and Pope... Although they'd probably be out our range too!

dongonzalos

I know a Bradford fan he says Jon Stead has been outstanding for them. To the extent he is keeping the big galar who always positions himself on one of our fullbacks at set pieces. We fall for it every time and they score, out

Last edited:

stupot07

I know a Bradford fan he says Jon Stead has been outstanding for them. To the extent he is keeping the big galar who always positions himself on one of fullbacks at set pieces. We fall for it every time and they score, out

He's scored 2 league goals in 11 appearances for Bradford this season, hardly prolific.

skybluedan

The CT ran an article about the 20 strikers who might replace Callum Wilson a few days after he left us.

Here is the list. With the benefit of 6 months hindsight, who would you have liked and who have we potentially dodged a bullet on ?

Scott Hogan - Rochdale
Tom Pope - Port Vale
John Cofie - Free agent

John cofie? Ain't he in green mile? Be good at getting his head on it suppose

dongonzalos

He's scored 2 league goals in 11 appearances for Bradford this season, hardly prolific.

Bradford fan who watches them week in week out. Stats aren't always everything Stu. He must be doing something right.

dongonzalos

Stead has scored four goals in 14 appearances during his second spell at the club and has been an integral part in the side’s ten-match unbeaten run.

Boss Phil Parkinson said: "We're delighted to keep Jon. Not only as he played well himself, he’s affected other players in the squad.

"His professionalism and attitude on the training pitch is so important to our young players."

Grendel

Stead has scored four goals in 14 appearances during his second spell at the club and has been an integral part in the side’s ten-match unbeaten run.

Boss Phil Parkinson said: "We're delighted to keep Jon. Not only as he played well himself, he’s affected other players in the squad.

"His professionalism and attitude on the training pitch is so important to our young players."

He's scored 5 goals in 44 games.

No thanks.

dongonzalos

He's scored 5 goals in 44 games.

No thanks.

To be honest he has never been my kettle of fish. I was quite shocked when my colleague said it.
Seems to be doing something right at Bradford to keep Hanson out, get signed to the end of the season, be part of a 10 match unbeaten run and score 4 in 14

Last edited:

ccfcway

scored 4 in 14 but grendal says 5 in 44 ?

so, prior to his recent burst of 4 in 14, he scored 1 in 30 ?, thats woeful

stupot07

To be honest he has never been my kettle of fish. I was quite shocked when my colleague said it.
Seems to be doing something right at Bradford to keep Hanson out, get signed to the end of the season, be part of a 10 match unbeaten run and score 4 in 14

2 in 11 in the league, his other 2 goals were against Halifax and dartford in the fa cup North and South conference sides so 2 leagues between them, we wouldn't be bigging up a PL striker for scoring against league two opposition. Oh and Hansen started the last 3 consecutive games alongside stead.

We have enough strikers that don't score goals, we don't need another one.

wingy

Didn't he turn us down prior to going there
Craig David for me hehe
No serloudly he's one I hoped Wed chase in the summer
Got off to a good start at Aberdeen was it
But havnt monitored for a couple of months

stupot07

Didn't he turn us down prior to going there
Craig David for me hehe
No serloudly he's one I hoped Wed chase in the summer
Got off to a good start at Aberdeen was it
But havnt monitored for a couple of months

Are you on about the same Craig Davies? The one at Bolton? If so he's still at bolton and playing for them.

wingy

Are you on about the same Craig Davies? The one at Bolton? If so he's still at bolton and playing for them.

Yes Stu sorry sorry age time of night and little armed wine left me a little befuddled
It was him
I was also tracking Adam Rooney at the time and have mixed them up
Go figure, he by the way has scored 16 in 33 up there

Gazolba

Scott Hogan - Rochdale
Tom Pope - Port Vale
John Cofie - Free agent

Forget about that lot, I'd have David McGoldrick back in a heartbeat.

stupot07

Yes Stu sorry sorry age time of night and little armed wine left me a little befuddled
It was him
I was also tracking Adam Rooney at the time and have mixed them up
Go figure, he by the way has scored 16 in 33 up there

No worries, I don't know the SPL that well anymore, thought there might be a different Craig Davies.

Rooney's always looked dangerous when I've seen him play, but it didn't seem to work for him at swindon or birmingham.

Users who are viewing this thread