2023 Ryder Cup (1 Viewer)

Skyblueweeman

Strong captains picks from Luke Donald. Feeling more confident of a result with those picks. Aberg looks a great prospect.

CJ_covblaze

Like the look of the team. Agree about Aberg. Fresh pro but has been playing very well. Was lucky in the ballot so will be heading over. Anyone else in here going?

PVA

Aberg is an amazing talent and already one of the best drivers of the ball in the world.

I would have picked Meronk over Hojgaard though.

PVA

Like the look of the team. Agree about Aberg. Fresh pro but has been playing very well. Was lucky in the ballot so will be heading over. Anyone else in here going?

I went to Paris a few years back.

It's an amazing event and the atmosphere is great. Definitely a good experience.

Only thing with the Ryder Cup though is that compared to a regular event there are so few players on the course at any one time and so you don't actually get to see much golf!

CJ_covblaze

Good start in these first three

Attachments

• IMG_4078.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 9

Skyblueweeman

I watched the first hour this morning before heading up to London to welcome the mighty Sky Blues to their hotel in a few hours but listened on the radio. What a start!! The US were 4-0 after the morning session last week in the Solheim though so Europe need a strong afternoon heading into day 2. CJ - I'm pretty jealous.

CJ_covblaze

Incredible day. Atmosphere was unbelievable and we played brilliantly. We can win it tomorrow (ok I’m getting ahead of myself!). Grennan gig at the course to top it off too. IMG_4112.jpeg IMG_4084.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4100.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 9

OffenhamSkyBlue

I haven't seen exactly what went on on the 18th on Saturday, but seemingly Kantlay's caddy got in Rory McIlroy's face when he was preparing to take his putt. The rowdiness of the crowd is one thing, but you simply cannot let it spill over into bad sportsmanship by participants.
If Luke Donald is as good a captain as everyone says, i hope he was knocking on Zack Johnson's door requesting him to tell his team to reign it in.
Great win. 6-6- on the final day of singles was a terrific result.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Europe will always be stronger than the US especially at home. I was confident pre-Ryder cup and will be before the one in 4 years time.

the US game is tailored to long driving, throw in narrower fairways, and longer rough and they struggle.

they desperately need to get some key players onto the DP world tour and learn the courses.

of course the PGA tour pays more - which is why the Europeans adapt better when In the US (Granted we’ve lost the last two away Ryder cups - but we’ve got a better chance of winning away than they have)

ovduk78

Europe will always be stronger than the US especially at home. I was confident pre-Ryder cup and will be before the one in 4 years time.

the US game is tailored to long driving, throw in narrower fairways, and longer rough and they struggle.

they desperately need to get some key players onto the DP world tour and learn the courses.

of course the PGA tour pays more - which is why the Europeans adapt better when In the US (Granted we’ve lost the last two away Ryder cups - but we’ve got a better chance of winning away than they have)
It seems crazy how unprepared the US were, not 1 of them played in the recent competition at the course whereas all the European team were there & none of them had played competition golf in the last 3 weeks!?

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

There’s an
It seems crazy how unprepared the US were, not 1 of them played in the recent competition at the course whereas all the European team were there & none of them had played competition golf in the last 3 weeks!?
There’s an arrogance to the US game. You’ll notice when Fleetwood was guarenteed a half, their heads dropped and the remaining players looked like they didn’t want to be there

great players (superstars as Donald calls them) individually, but they’ll never be a team in good

Mcbean

Really enjoyed it over the three days Rahms putt on Friday was brilliant - hit at speed clouted the back of the hole and went back down

it’s the only golf I watch - reminds me of the Transatlantic trophy which for bike racing was the equivalent- no money just terrific competition and epic races at full
Chat !

CJ_covblaze

wingy

You'd be surprised on the fire ratings front.
Then you get into a nationalist or anyone for that matter of a contract awarded to a rival.

Users who are viewing this thread