2028 Euros (1 Viewer)

clint van damme

Set to be held in UK and Ireland.

Turkey pulled out of the bidding, watch out for a joint world cup bid with the Saudis

Sky_Blue_Daz

Would that mean the host nations have a place at the tournament or would they have to qualify ?

Robinshio

unprecedented for 5 teams to be given auto qualification . 3 in the next world cup is one thing, but cant see all 5 getting it

CJ_covblaze

All 5 have to qualify I hope. Better than friendlies.

Otis

Confirmed - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67062742

Guessing there's little chance of the CBS hosting any games?
If it's spread across the UK and Ireland, I'd imagine the closest would be Villa Park?
Supposed to be (at the moment), Wembley, the new Everton stadium, the Principality stadium in Cardiff, Hampden Park and a stadium in each of Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland (can't remember the names)

Others may be announced though I guess.

How many stadiums are usually included?

Frank Sidebottom

Supposed to be (at the moment), Wembley, the new Everton stadium, the Principality stadium in Cardiff, Hampden Park and a stadium in each of Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland (can't remember the names)

They've already chosen the 10 stadia.
Evertons new ground
Spurs ground
Wembley
Hampden
Aviva
St James Park
NI new stadium
Principality
Etihad
Villa Park

AOM

Good question... apparently for France Euro 2016, there were 10 different host cities so that would rule us out.
I'd imagine teams like Newcastle and maybe one of the Manchester clubs would at least be in contention as well

Frank Sidebottom

All 5 have to qualify I hope. Better than friendlies.
Given that there's 53 teams in Euros qualifiers and now 24 teams qualify.
Giving 5 places to the hosts would leave 8 groups of 6. Leaving 16 qualifying 1st and 2nd and then 3 spots for playoffs between the 6 best 3rd placed teams.

Then the 5 hosts could have a home nations group which would be far more competitive than some of the dross we play in qualifiers.... Although England would probably still win it comfortably.
But since the move to a 24 team tournament the qualifiers seem more pointless and less competitive.

CJ_covblaze

It’s good that we’ve got to qualify. Would rather have that than a load of friendlies. However the likelihood of any of the five not qualifying is small. Top two in a five or six team group, then the play offs and if that doesn’t work out the two reserved spots. If three qualify by rights all five will be there.

Users who are viewing this thread