23/24 Season Tickets (2 Viewers)

Flying Fokker

And paying up to 15% interest on our mortgage payments I paid double digit interest on my mortgages for years, started looking for a house when they were £3000, bought 18 month later at £9500 thanks to a 30year council mortgage, no sick pay, egg & chips on a Wednesday (day before pay day) paid national insurance for nearly 50 years and now have a billionaire PM who deep down begrudges your state pension, scrapped the triple lock last year and will quite happily do it again with that smirky smile etched on his face.
Yet the coffin dodgers amongst us forget all this and seem to have some sort of patriotic duty to support this lot in power then moan when they struggle and many do.
Mortgage rates peaked at 17.5%. Scary.

Who voted Tory in the 1980’s? it must have been quite common at the time. Social Housing, Right to Buy, Selling off public utilities? Defeat the unions?

’There’s no such thing as society’. Hmm, I wonder who said that?

Last edited:

Robinshio

Why is the job worth less than it was? Why does paying workers a stable wage upset you?
so get a pay increase back to 1900 rather than choosing a random date that suits . 36% does upset me, as it is paid for by tax payers . I am not saying they shouldnt be getting say 5-10% but ffs stop taking the piss . When inflation drops back to 2% ask for 4/5% and gradually get it back when it is affordable

when ever people joined they accepted the pay at the time as a worthwhile wage to do the job

shmmeee

so get a pay increase back to 1900 rather than choosing a random date that suits . 36% does upset me, as it is paid for by tax payers . I am not saying they shouldnt be getting say 5-10% but ffs stop taking the piss . When inflation drops back to 2% ask for 4/5% and gradually get it back when it is affordable

when ever people joined they accepted the pay at the time as a worthwhile wage to do the job

Where was your upset when they were getting below average increases? Living costs have already gone up. It’s not workers jobs to cover for bad economic policy. The cost of living is what it is. Saying “you should have made us say yes earlier” is just silly.

And the taxpayer will see most of the increase back in tax and spending anyway. Meanwhile we’re about to raise the pension savings limit to £1.8m to encourage people to keep working in a tiny section of the workforce. And we have a staffing crisis in the NHS so whatever your high minded opinions on what wages should be the market disagrees.

Grendel

Where was your upset when they were getting below average increases? Living costs have already gone up. It’s not workers jobs to cover for bad economic policy. The cost of living is what it is. Saying “you should have made us say yes earlier” is just silly.

And the taxpayer will see most of the increase back in tax and spending anyway. Meanwhile we’re about to raise the pension savings limit to £1.8m to encourage people to keep working in a tiny section of the workforce. And we have a staffing crisis in the NHS so whatever your high minded opinions on what wages should be the market disagrees.g

You must think Streeting and Starmer are appalling then. Who will you vote for at the next election to achieve these goals?

Users who are viewing this thread