5 years today Mark robins took over (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

For context when he took over my daughter was 7 .

She's a season ticket holder , also at St Andrews before covid , I asked her if she remembers anybody else managing us and she says no ..

She thinks it's always been this good watching city 🤣 to her mark robins is coventry city , to many youngsters he's the one they will remember for years to come

rob9872

Been fantastic throughout. I kind of agreed after a long run without a run at Shrewsbury away in the first L1 season, that I couldn't see where a win was coming from, glad he proved me wrong.

Must also admit I’ve been disappointed with him a few times recently and particularly yesterday, but that doesn't detract from his over all record and I can't imagine anyone else getting the maximum out of what we have on our resources. His reappointment is SISU's finest moment and the stability of his longevity is their second.

vow

Been fantastic throughout. I kind of agreed after a long run without a run at Shrewsbury away in the first L1 season, that I couldn't see where a win was coming from, glad he proved me wrong.

Must also admit I’ve been disappointed with him a few times recently and particularly yesterday, but that doesn't detract from his over all record and I can't imagine anyone else getting the maximum out of what we have on our resources. His reappointment is SISU's finest moment and the stability of his longevity is their second.
So what you're trying to say is....for yesterday at least
giphy.gif

stevefloyd

For context when he took over my daughter was 7 .

She's a season ticket holder , also at St Andrews before covid , I asked her if she remembers anybody else managing us and she says no ..

She thinks it's always been this good watching city 🤣 to her mark robins is coventry city , to many youngsters he's the one they will remember for years to come
How old is she now then ;)

stevefloyd

Have to say since he took over apart from the odd blip here and there its been pretty good on the whole, Wembley appearances and wins promotions Mr Mark Robins its been a fucking blast so far

Last edited:

cooperskyblue

When he came back, I don't think many of us would have thought that 5 years later we would be fuming and gutted that a defeat has dented our Championship play off hopes. Its been an incredible journey and so long as he is at the helm I'll be confident we will continue to improve. He is by far our biggest asset.
Given me my best moments as a City fan, a legend. Here is to the next 5 years...

blunted

And people still say he's a shit manager, tactically inept and is crap with substitutions. Nobody is perfect but there are very few times MR has got it wrong. The next bit from mid-table to playoffs or automatic promotion with such a small budget is the hardest. Hope MR can keep the team on and off the pitch together and we can keep the upward trajectory.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I remember seeing Coventry City relegated to league 2 in a 0-0 boring draw at Notts County a few years ago. On that day I think relegation had already been confirmed or was inevitable before kickoff.
It was probably the low point for me. What has happened since has been nothing short of miraculous.

larry_david

For all my frustrations with him at times, I'm delighted he's here and our turnaround has been, quite frankly, unbelievable. We are still on an upward trajectory and MR is still learning at this level.

It's been a great journey so far and I'm curious to see where we go next!

13th_choice_seamer

I remember seeing Coventry City relegated to league 2 in a 0-0 boring draw at Notts County a few years ago. On that day I think relegation had already been confirmed or was inevitable before kickoff.
It was probably the low point for me. What has happened since has been nothing short of miraculous.
Thought that was the Charlton home game in April 2017, might be wrong though

Irish Sky Blue

When he took over we were at the lowest point in this clubs history I would think. A lot of fans were staying away or had given up. Sisu were still intent on running the club into the ground, there was no stability with regard to the stadium and the football under Venus and then Slade was abysmal. To have taken over with a team as bad as that and with a club in turmoil and to be in the position we are now is nothing short of miraculous. Add in the two years that we had to play in Birmingham and that the budget he has been given in all three divisions has been well below other teams and the fact that we are now where we is just amazing. Most, if not all, of the contributors on here will have been supporters of the club before Robins took over and will know how awful things were. I therefore do not understand the criticism he gets after almost every performance, sometimes even when we win. Yesterday was a poor performance from us but for someone on here to describe him as ‘tactically inept’ is laughable. Why on earth anyone would want to return to the dross and the true ineptitude of the years before Robins when we had a new manager every 12 or 18 moths, who was ineffective as the one before is beyond me. The success over the last 5 years has been fantastic and has been achieved playing an exciting often outstanding brand of football.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

And people still say he's a shit manager, tactically inept and is crap with substitutions. Nobody is perfect but there are very few times MR has got it wrong. The next bit from mid-table to playoffs or automatic promotion with such a small budget is the hardest. Hope MR can keep the team on and off the pitch together and we can keep the upward trajectory.

You can still love the manager but constructively criticise him when he has made an incorrect decision. I don't think anyone on here apart from the odd troll has actually advocated getting rid of him. Where are these comments coming from?

He has done a great job here and I wouldn't change him in a second, for the record.

Skyblueweeman

When he came back, I don't think many of us would have thought that 5 years later we would be fuming and gutted that a defeat has dented our Championship play off hopes.

That's a great way of looking at how far he's taken us to be fair, great point.

I can't wait for 5 years time when we'll be gutted about a 2-1 away defeat to PSG meaning we'll have to beat Barca at home to progress in the Champions League.

Users who are viewing this thread