6 things you can do to help keep CCFC in Coventry (1 Viewer)

Jimthor

Please take a look at this webpage, which details 6 easy steps we can all follow to help keep CCFC in Coventry:
http://checkthis.com/keepccfcincov

Do whatever you can and spread the word. Let's make some noise about this.

Updates on twitter @KeepCCFCinCov

Last edited:

stupot07

That twitter accounts says it wants the football league to say no to Otium takeover of ltd, nothing about making sure the club stays in Coventry.

Jimthor

That twitter accounts says it wants the football league to say no to Otium takeover of ltd, nothing about making sure the club stays in Coventry.

If you read the link in the first post, it details how not sanctioning the sale to Otium is a means to that end.

stupot07

If you read the link in the first post, it details how not sanctioning the sale to Otium is a means to that end.

Sorry , only looked at the twitter page. I think point 7 should be applying pressure on ACL to get them into talks with ccfc.

lordsummerisle

Whilst I don't sanction what some suggested the other week of protesting outside Tim Fisher's kids schools, I am however going to do my bit by building a time machine and going back to when Tim Fisher is at school and shouting "Sisu Out" at him until he goes home crying.

Little fucker won't know what's hit him.

I do worry though that maybe because i did this 35 years ago(or next week if the build goes to plan), it could give him an irrational hatred of Coventry City and could therefore have lead to the situation today.

Basically, it may be all my fault.

Whilst I don't sanction what some suggested the other week of protesting outside Tim Fisher's kids schools, I am however going to do my bit by building a time machine and going back to when Tim Fisher is at school and shouting "Sisu Out" at him until he goes home crying.

I do worry though that maybe because i did this 35 years ago(or next week if the build goes to plan), it could give him an irrational hatred of Coventry City and could therefore have lead to the situation today.

Fuck me, I read the first few lines of that and thought you were about to pull your finger out.

This is an excellent idea. Will get them added onto the page.

Had an automated response from the Guardian making these 2 points (among others):

(1) Letters for publication must include your
full name,
full postal
address and
contact telephone number(s).
If you did not include them,
please resend the full text of your letter together with these details
(they are for verification – we do not publish full addresses).

(2) Most letters that we publish relate or respond to articles published by
the Guardian. Please include within your letter a headline and date, or web
address, for the relevant article(s) – ideally this should also be in the
subject line of your email.

_brian_

Hello, lordsummerisle! As an aside, if you do manage to build a working time machine, is there any chance you could visit my younger self and advise him not to accept Mr. Davis from number 42's offer to see his collection of model planes in his garden shed, please? Don't really want to get into the reasons why on here, but I'd like to categorically state that I am not homosexual* and I didn't quite understand what was going on until it was too late. Thank you.

(*I have nothing against anyone who is homosexual. Each to their own and all that!)

RoboCCFC90

Hello, lordsummerisle! As an aside, if you do manage to build a working time machine, is there any chance you could visit my younger self and advise him not to accept Mr. Davis from number 42's offer to see his collection of model planes in his garden shed, please? Don't really want to get into the reasons why on here, but I'd like to categorically state that I am not homosexual* and I didn't quite understand what was going on until it was too late. Thank you.

(*I have nothing against anyone who is homosexual. Each to their own and all that!)

We need better half time entertainment to keep up the spirits, interested Brian?

Last edited:

lordsummerisle

I went back in time as you asked _brian_, and due to some timey-wimey thing, it appears that i am actually Mr Davis from number 42.

I can only apologise, but to be fair you were lush in your younger days and i couldn't help myself.

Otis

don't mean to nitpick, but I can't say I care for these sorts of letters.

• Email sent to Mr Appleton....

by Chad Roberts
    Petition organiser

Dear Mr Appleton
    Below is a link for a online petition in which over 1,000 have signed in less than 2 hours, everyone who has signed have expressed there unhappiness at your decision to select a SISU business as the preferred buyer of CCFC! (Including non Coventry City fans)
    It is also a direct request to both The FA and The FL for there immediate review of the bid and what is happening at the club in regards to current owners SISU.
    Also if possible would you like to explain to us how you deem a company which has no assets and no capital which was only established in 2011 and has also failed to submit its accounts for this year as the preferred buyer for CCFC? When we believe there were far better bids on the table?

• Here is the link to the petition.
    http://tinyurl.com/mehuo9c
    I look forward to your reply...
    *this email is also being submitted to all involved parties
    Regards
    Mr C Roberts

How do you believe there were better bids on the table? None of us know anything about what was in any of the bids do we?

Wording is crucial here I think if you wish people to read your letters. I'm sure Appleton will just throw this sort of thing in the bin because he's going to think that this person hasn't got a clue what he's talking about.

It's all conjecture and guesswork. None of us know. Best stick to facts. Fine to say you find it hard to believe there weren't any better options on the table, but you can't just make out there were better bids without having any knowledge of what any of the bids entailed.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

SISU were always going to put in the best bid, because they were going to be paying themselves, SISU could've bidded 60m (for arguments sake) and all they've done is paid themselves, and PH4 or anyone wouldn't I'd nowhere near that amount, they aren't crazy nor stupid!
Have to disagree with you on your last point:p

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

He probably started his son off, no doubt, but he's, on what little info I have on him, has gone on his own business ventures and has made something of himself.

I hate inherited wealth, people should make themselves, not live off their family member who have made something of themselves. How the royal families, nobility and upper classes have kept their tremendous wealth without doing an honest days work.
So if you made a lot of money you wouldn't leave it to your children?

RoboCCFC90

I wouldn't, spend the majority on booze, drugs and prostitutes and just waste the rest.

How did you figure out my lifestyle??

Nevermind off to Spearmint Rhino ;)

Users who are viewing this thread