8 years ago (3 Viewers)

Paxman II

Can you name the day, the team and the result?

Attachments

• city.jpg
    city.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 251

JohnWH

I will guess it was one nil. Fortune scored Vs Blackpool
I will guess it took us to 7th place late in the season.
For perspective, that season 's League One included Southend, Rochdale, Scunthorpe, Bury, Chesterfield, and Oldham.
Only one of those likely to rejoin the Football League next season, so by comparison we've done OK since that day.

ccfctommy

IIRC the Blackpool fans were protesting outside against Owen Oyston and were mainly boycotting the game

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Tommo1993

They thought they equalised late on but he put it in with his hand the cheating donkey shagging bastard.

Evo1883

Shame. I was on the phone to him the other day, and he had nothing but nice things to say about you.
Youre Good Emmy Awards GIF by Emmys

Paxman II

The point of this photo is it represents a good reminder of how far we have come having been kicked into the doldrums for a while, and recognising players who in a few short years have gone on to obscurity or of course stardom as in the case of Maddison and Armstrong. How life and circumstances change so very quickly. Even their socks rolled over the knee....thought that was a recent thing!

Alan Dugdales Moustache

We on about the same player? Stokes was decent
I think I've got mixed up with the player who had his embarrassing picture on the front of match programme where he clearly had eaten far too many pies.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Jennings?
Chris Hussey !!!!!!!!!!!!. That's the fella ! Not only did I get the wrong player but he was absolutely years before.

harvey098

I know it’s weird but I enjoyed that season as much as any other we’ve had before or since, strangely as much as the actual promotion seasons.

I think it was the first season in my lifetime we were consistently challenging at the top of a division. Now it’s two a penny - boring!

ptr

We on about the same player? Stokes was decent
I thought he was decent too. Years of signing players that didn’t give a toss. Then signed this lad from non-league where he wasn’t getting a game, had no outstanding attributes yet ran his arse off every time be played. Proper fighter and scored a couple important goals if I remember.

Users who are viewing this thread