"a busy January" (1 Viewer)

KersleyDigs

Andy Turner says we will have a busy January. You have to assume he spoke to SP after the big recruitment meeting. He also said we can possibly read into who has been left out of the match day squad as to whom was involved in the 'incident'. Jackson and Tudgay both omitted last two games.

Are SISU going to inject money into the club as equity? Do they realise the cost of another relegation? For their 'long term plan' of getting in the premiership, they must start to invest in the team.

What do people think we will see in Jan?

I think:

Out:
Burge (loan)
Clarke (Perm)
Jackson (loan)
Tudgay (loan)
Fleck (Perm)

In:
Experienced GK (loan)
Left winger (loan)
Centre midfielder (loan)
Pacey Striker (loan)

stupot07

What about

Allsop
Mcqoid
Hines
Madine
Nouble

Expiring loans?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

ecky

We need a new manager before December..
Pressley has lost his way and needs to be replaced as a matter of urgency

I can't see Sisu investing anymore money into the squad in fact the opposite.

A clean sweep is needed from top to bottom if we want this club to survive

skybluebeduff

We need a new manager before December..
Pressley has lost his way and needs to be replaced as a matter of urgency

I can't see Sisu investing anymore money into the squad in fact the opposite.

A clean sweep is needed from top to bottom if we want this club to survive

Didn't we already do that? A clean sweep i.e the bomb squad, or are we taking about part II?

KersleyDigs

What about

Allsop
Mcqoid
Hines
Madine
Nouble

Expiring loans?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)
I think Allsop, Nouble, Madine will be renewed. Hines will come back too hopefully. McQuoid will go back

rupert_bear

Bad enough the state of loans and freebies Pressley has brought in, the thought of him running about with a few hundred thousand to spend is a frightening thought.

skybluefred

Bad enough the state of loans and freebies Pressley has brought in, the thought of him running about with a few hundred thousand to spend is a frightening thought.

Where on earth is Pressley going to get a few hundred thousand from, we sold Wilson for a reported £3 million and he didn't get any of that.
If January is to be spent looking for players they will be cast off's or loans and they will not be game changing players. The manager of this
club with these owners must be the most thankless job in Football.

RoboCCFC90

Where on earth is Pressley going to get a few hundred thousand from, we sold Wilson for a reported £3 million and he didn't get any of that.
If January is to be spent looking for players they will be cast off's or loans and they will not be game changing players. The manager of this
club with these owners must be the most thankless job in Football.

What makes you think he didn't get any of that Wilson money?

Pressley has previously stated that the money received from Bournemouth for Wilson was reinvested in wages for the squad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

speedie87

how I long for the days when I used to get home from work pick up the evening telegraph and see we'd signed the likes of noel Whelan that morning for £2m

KersleyDigs

Haynes and Willis sold.
I have a feeling you might be right...
Part of Fisher's 'long term plan' which is to screw us so bad in the short term, we will be in the conference in 2 years. But, then it will kick in and we can get back to the Prem, no worries, build a new £20m stadium and get 20k fans every week. It's full proof...
Fans don't seem to understand that you don't need investment or good players, it will just one day magically sort itself out. I mean we have £1.87 in the bank, so we are 'cash flow positive' for the first time in years, which ignoring losing 12,000 fans, the right to buy our purpose built stadium and two relegations is A FANTASTIC achievement

Last edited:

covcity4life

just buy kenyan running team if you want people who run alot SP!

saying that they would probably improve this current cov team.

DaleM

Pressley has previously stated that the money received from Bournemouth for Wilson was reinvested in wages for the squad.

Well we're overpaying the shower of shite

Chipfat

Sisu will not spend money on transfers and the last time they tried to wheel and deal, Wilson was sold and 3 BFC players come our way,, how is that working out 1 gone back 1 can't get in the team and the other is very sub standard.. So good luck SP be prepared to lose a Haynes and see what comes back,, pick and mix way of dealing and SW has his hand right in the jar...

We get weaker every window, but are told we are going in the right direction and long term plans are in place??? my worry is where are the plans taking us ....

Bill Glazier

I really can't see SISU staying now. We all know they were here for one thing, so I'd imagine they're now merely looking at what remaining assets they can strip from the bones of our club. The January transfer window is their last feeding opportunity.

RoboCCFC90

A busy January suggests thins will be happening! I like the sound of this, I really hope that we manage to move on:

- Tudgay
- Allsopp

Bringing in:

- Nouble (Until the end of the season or permanently)
- Madine (Until the end of the season or permanently)
- McQuoid (Until the end of the season)
- A nasty midfielder who will win challenges!
- An experienced Goalkeeper..
- A pacey winger..

skybluefred

It is fact that none of the 32 players he has signed cost a transfer fee. Are you suggesting the players play for free as well,
let's face it their wages will be at the minimum sisu can get away with. Yet fans still think we should have a league winning
squad. Time to get real I think.

RoboCCFC90

It is fact that none of the 32 players he has signed cost a transfer fee. Are you suggesting the players play for free as well,
let's face it their wages will be at the minimum sisu can get away with. Yet fans still think we should have a league winning
squad. Time to get real I think.

Oh dear, Just because we didn't pay a transfer fee does not mean we didn't pay a sign on fee for the player, no player is ever free entirely, even some loan deals are arranged whereby a small fee is handed over from the loanee Club for a player..

I think wages of the players we have brought this season will be on larger than the wages of those who left at the end of last season, for your benefit the players who left were:

Baker
Murphy
Wilson
Christie
Moussa
Adams

Coming in were:

Johnson
O'Brien
Jackson
Tudgay
Swanson
Pugh
Miller

That's not even including the loan players we have brought in..

This Club has spent money whether you care to admit it or not..

letsallsingtogether

Oh dear, Just because we didn't pay a transfer fee does not mean we didn't pay a sign on fee for the player, no player is ever free entirely, even some loan deals are arranged whereby a small fee is handed over from the loanee Club for a player..

I think wages of the players we have brought this season will be on larger than the wages of those who left at the end of last season, for your benefit the players who left were:

Baker
Murphy
Wilson
Christie
Moussa
Adams

Coming in were:

Johnson
O'Brien
Jackson
Tudgay
Swanson
Pugh
Miller

That's not even including the loan players we have brought in..

This Club has spent money whether you care to admit it or not..

But if some are to be believed we got rid of those players because they were high earners?
Why would you then replace them with even higher earners?

RoboCCFC90

But if some are to be believed we got rid of those players because they were high earners?
Why would you then replace them with even higher earners?

The thing is your happy to believe 'some' when it suits yourself, no offence.

Users who are viewing this thread