A CUP HALF FULL or A CUP HALF EMPTY (1 Viewer)

A CUP HALF FULL

* 1 defeat in 7 games
* progression to Round 3 of League Cup against Arsenal next round
* progression to Round 2 of Johnstone's Paint Trophy
* super game against Birmingham in Round 2 of league Cup
* improved squad from last season
* excellent debut from David McGoldrick last night

A CUP HALF EMPTY

* no wins from 4 league matches
* play Arsenal in next round of League cup - why bother, we'll get marmalised
* play some nondescript team in the next round of that poxy Johnstones's (Watching Paint Dry) Cup
* squad worse than last year
* some players couldn't give a toss

Which camp are you in ??

PUSB

LewSkyBlue

both:
Yes we have had no wins in 4 league games but yes we have only been defeated once in 7 games.
Yes we are through to the 3rd round against Arsenal after a good game vs brum, but yes we probably will get a good hiding (but we thought that in 2007 at man u)
Yes were probs gonna play a random boring JPT game, but we are through to the next round and if we keep getting through to the next round its wembley and a trophy.
as for the team yes some aspects are better some are worse.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
am tempted to say "what cup" :D

if only the choice were that simple.

based on the above i am in both cups........... McG was good, some players awful, we are in two cups but at least one will be very difficult next round, we have only lost once but the performances have been poor generally and havent won in league, the squad is more experienced but yet to show any real improvement, some players clearly care (Murphy for one) whilst others have me wondering (McSheffery)

team wise my biggest negative is the consistently poor level of performance ...... biggest positive - we still have time to achieve things this season

Last edited:

ccfcway

pretty sure you can add

owners who could put us in liquidation at any time
dwindling crowds
worst crowd ever last night at the ricoh
players arguing with fans
fans behaving a bit strange
no money for new manager to bring his own team in
havent paid rent in nearly 6 months

SBS

For me, it feels like the cups been smashed on the floor, waiting to get swept away. Hopefully someone finds the glue.

SBS

For me, it feels like the cups been smashed on the floor, waiting to get swept away. Hopefully someone finds the glue.

That's to put my proverbial cup back together. Not to sniff and take away the pain!

skybluedaze

A CUP HALF FULL

* 1 defeat in 7 games
* progression to Round 3 of League Cup against Arsenal next round
* progression to Round 2 of Johnstone's Paint Trophy
* super game against Birmingham in Round 2 of league Cup
* improved squad from last season
* excellent debut from David McGoldrick last night

A CUP HALF EMPTY

* no wins from 4 league matches
* play Arsenal in next round of League cup - why bother, we'll get marmalised
* play some nondescript team in the next round of that poxy Johnstones's (Watching Paint Dry) Cup
* squad worse than last year
* some players couldn't give a toss

Which camp are you in ??

PUSB

I think it could be a lot worse. The players and potential is there. The right managerial appointment should be the catalyst to better performances and an improvement in league position. The wrong appointment and it's season over.

mark82

With the right appointment we will challenge for promotion. The wrong one and we may miss out on the playoffs.

Black6Osprey

Both. It depends what mood I'm in.

Its a fine line when supporting this lot. A couple of league wins back to back and we'll all be thinking play offs here we come. Lose the next couple and we'll be thinking Burton will be a league game next season.

Users who are viewing this thread