A.Lennon - I will not be used as a scapegoat (1 Viewer)

Coventry La La La

article-1374026-0B73918500000578-922_468x306.jpg

Lennon blasts back at doubters over late withdrawal from Spurs' Madrid misery

Aaron Lennon has hit back at Tottenham fans after being criticised for missing the Champions League defeat against Real Madrid.

Lennon was due to start on the wing against the Spanish giants but more than a few eyebrows were raised when he was taken off the teamsheet just before kick-off - a sore throat given as the reason for his withdrawal.

Spurs boss Harry Redknapp was forced to change his plans and play Jermaine Jenas from the start at the Bernebeu but his side were crushed 4-0 - never recovering from losing an early goal and striker Peter Crouch to a red card.

Redknapp refused to lay any of the blame with Lennon but Spurs fans have not been so understanding causing the 23-year-old winger to use his Twitter account to blast back.
Saying

i fell ill be4 the game is bull**** i fell ill on sunday morning where the med team put me on anti botics, but only got worse b4.'
He later Tweeted: 'believe me this is 1 game i did no wnt to miss and still devo now!!!! but will not be made a scapegoat saying they only knew jus b4 K O.'

SkyBlue_Am

Biggest game of his career really doubt he would bottle it and deliberately pull out probably thought it would of been better for the team if he wasn't on the pitch able to give 110%.....Anyways the real player to blame is Crouch!

SkyBlue_Am

Just watched Harry Rednapp defend Lennon on the Chelsea vs Man Utd build up show

AngryAnt

Think he's got to take part of the blame, as has crouch.. But yeah, they'd have been hammered with 10men or 11, makes no difference really.. Madrid just purely outclassed them, even before crouch got sent off they were walking through them like a hot knife through butter.

Score might have been slightly better maybe 3, but it still would have been a hammering.

Users who are viewing this thread