A new low (1 Viewer)

cyril

Having enjoyed the ups n downs of this season and with being in touching distance of the playoffs, Our council decide to break our hearts
Say what you want about SISU but we were looking good on the pitch and were heading for our highest league position in many many years.
Why could it not have been left till summer??

So unfair
RIP CCFC

exhallskyblue

I understand where you are coming from but the way sisu have run this football club is a joke. Relegation, filing of late accounts and numerous transfer embargo's isnt right. However even with admin sisu will still be at the helm so it is never ending circle

cyril

It's what 4 weeks? Come on?
Give US a chance of enjoyment, success, belief. Surely ACL will now understand a stadium with 5 k people isn't going to pay the mortgage ( council bailout)

Samo

Yes the timing of it all has been slightly overlooked while everyone was playing I hate SISU more than you.

The timing is down to Fishers threats to liquidate the club

Otis

Well that is it in a nutshell.

All comes down to whether ACL were right in their assumption Sisu would liquidate.

If they did understand this to be the case then they were entirely right to do what they did.

The truth in time will out.

Sent from my KIS using Tapatalk 2

James Smith

As I understand it and I agree with you, the decision to have high court administration proceedings against CCFC Ltd were set in motion when TF mentioned Liquidation. As nobody wants that (although it could just be nice excuse) they started legal proceedings, we could have been playing until the end of the season with no deduction if TF had kept his mouth shut. Wouldn't it have meant playing in the evostick?

Black6Osprey

Come on get real. Just outside the play offs after forking out all season to just plug the plug. Not a chance in hell. Once the season was over and we had failed then yes I would 100 % agree.

SkyblueBri

We had no chance of play offs, look at home form, SISU threatened liquidation, then no club.
Now we have some chance of getting a clean slate and possibly a closed season under a new owner where we can start again, even if it is in Div 2.
I do not think -10 is the final answer, wait until FL see result of Admin investigations.

If all this had been done at season end we would not have a chance to start next season in a positive manner.

Samo

Come on get real. Just outside the play offs after forking out all season to just plug the plug. Not a chance in hell. Once the season was over and we had failed then yes I would 100 % agree.

Well then perhaps Mr Fisher should have kept his big mouth shut!

James Smith

I think and I've never been a director but I think they were obligated to do something to prevent Liquidation so that there was a chance of recovering at least some of the debts.

cyril

I'm no genius but how could CCFC be liquidated when it's only assets, the players can't be sold.
Ryton is mortgaged and the stadium is rented

Bill Glazier

Having enjoyed the ups n downs of this season and with being in touching distance of the playoffs, Our council decide to break our hearts
Say what you want about SISU but we were looking good on the pitch and were heading for our highest league position in many many years.

So unfair
RIP CCFC

Because that would mean a bigger points deduction next season. Chance of a fresh start now.

ccfctommy

So unfair
RIP CCFC

So you seriously want us to have a points deduction next season? What players would join a club with minus ten or minus fifteen points? Get real.

cyril

Coventry as I know/knew are dead and have been dying for years.
I went to the last two home games and I felt so gutted. It was like a funeral

CCFCDan87

The season was over once Clarke was out the season, anyone who thinks we had a chance of going up after he got injured is deluded. Timing was right IMO and start a fresh next year

Spencer

I'm no genius but how could CCFC be liquidated when it's only assets, the players can't be sold.

I think it does show the depth of distrust of SISU though that ACL can state they sought administration to stop the liquidation of the club and they are believed.

Either way you look at it - it seems it is time for SISU to go (let's hope Haskell blumenthall the vth has found a few extra billion£.

ajsccfc

Coventry as I know/knew are dead and have been dying for years.
I went to the last two home games and I felt so gutted. It was like a funeral

So how will you top this drama queen remorse if it gets even worse from here? The possibility is very much there.

ajsccfc

Yep, proclaiming the death of the club is overly dramatic, and has been done numerous times here. Nearly every time something bad happens, generally. Even Jesus only died twice.

ajsccfc

It can still get a lot worse. However the club ceasing to exist would be the worst, and that has yet to happen.

Otis

Yep. So why did Fisher say it?

Sent from my KIS using Tapatalk 2

Paxman II

There is no evidence that any formal 'threat' about liquidation had been forthcoming. ACL it could be argued over reacted if they are saying that's why they took such action of petitioning the court, based on hearsay. I actually believe naively ACL thought that such action would make SISU pay up and accept the deal that ACL keep repeating they hand all shook hands on. In business you can't afford to be so naïve. They merely forced SISU to react and get to court and place admin on CCFC LTD ahead of them in order to maintain control - exactly what was expected they would do surely? ACL did.t even see that coming either.

SISU would have finished the season and then we would have had all summer to figure out a deal with SISU that could have seen a way past the stalemate and strike a deal that would have an exit strategy that Fisher has on more than one occasion, said they want. I feel ACL pressed by the possibility of buyers and maybe thanks in no part to our great and ineffective Uncle Joe thought they could hang everything on a fantasy outcome.

...and now look what's happened.

Last edited:

Samo

There is no evidence that any formal 'threat' about liquidation had been forthcoming. ACL it could be argued over reacted if they are saying that's why they took such action of petitioning the court, based on hearsay. I actually believe naively ACL thought that such action would make SISU pay up and accept the deal that ACL keep repeating they hand all shook hands on. In business you can't afford to be so naïve. They merely forced SISU to react and get to court and place admin on CCFC LTD ahead of them in order to maintain control - exactly what was expected they would do surely? ACL did.t even see that coming either.

SISU would have finished the season and then we would have had all summer to figure out a deal with SISU that could have seen a way past the stalemate and strike a deal that would have an exit strategy that Fisher has on more than one occasion, said they want. I feel ACL pressed by the possibility of buyers and maybe thanks in no part to our great and ineffective Uncle Joe thought they could hang everything on a fantasy outcome.

...and now look what's happened.

Hardly hearsay, Fisher said it!

Users who are viewing this thread