A plan to get us out of this mess! (1 Viewer)

OyJimmy

So we are playing in Northampton with a squad that's struggling at the foot of league 1. And right now most of us are wallowing in the despair.

So right now it's hard to see what we have going for us. But what we do have is a great academy and a bigger club reputation than a lot of championship sides. So how can we make this count? In my view we should do 2 things. Firstly and most controversially we should accept our plight and go cap in hand to a club like Man City (well they at least wear Sky Blue) and basically do the unthinkable and offer to be their feeder club (whilst we sit in a league lower than the Premiership). We should clear out most of our squad and just rely on the players supplied to us.

Because of FFP rules a club like Man City could effectively use a club like us to sign their future players. Without having to put the expenditure on their set of books. They could arrange funding for us by using 'sponsorship' deals for us. When a player becomes good enough for the top flight we could then sell the player back to Man City for a token sum or loan them upwards.

The second trickier part of the plan would then be to move back to the Ricoh so that we start to rebuild the gates. In my view this would be doable if the council let us play for free or a nominal amount whilst we rebuild. To make the deal acceptable to the council Sisu would need to agree to sell Coventry once they had an offer of X.

The beauty of this plan is that it gives us a tangible way back. Right now things are simply going from bad to worse. And if saving our club meant being a feeder club for a few years then I for one would take it.

Astute

They already turned down a rent free offer though. And we already know their contempt for contracts and legal agreements. Not worth the paper they are written on.

Neutral Fan

Man City play in the Premier League not the Premiership.

My pet hate...it's not been called the Premiership for years!

Astute

Man City play in the Premier League not the Premiership.

My pet hate...it's not been called the Premiership for years!

I don't care about the Premiership. We are so far away from it that there is no reason to care about it.

Kingokings204

We need a better plan than this , something like inviting TF AND JS for a dinner at the ritz in mayfair/green park and hope for the best.

smouch1975

Nah. Let's get an agressive, cut throat hedge fund that bullies it's way in court to oust SISU. That'll work.........

Users who are viewing this thread