A quick question about sixfields (1 Viewer)

gooner

good forum here and I can see the majority if not all of you are boycotting Northampton , I just have a quick question , how do you feel towards your fellow sky blues who do go to the games over there ?

im not a stalker by the way but I do have family in Coventry and my parents lived there in the 60s so Coventry have always kinda been my second team :blue:

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Stick around as Long as you like Gooner :)

There have been times where fans have had to agree to disagree over the issue.

I have family and friends who attend; I don't. I don't judge them for going and they don't judge me (I don't think ;) ).

They want to support the team, like I do, I just can't face attending a home game away from home. I'm happy to follow the team on the road, but for home games when there's no certainty of it being a temporary thing, I can't do it! That might change once concrete plans, location, and building works towards the 'new stadium' are available. But at the time minute, a few fancy pictures won't cut it for me.

I'm gutted the attendees are getting to see the football that I'm not; I certainly don't enjoy listening to home games on the radio.

I don't bear any grudge against the people going, although I don't understand the method of the fans who choose to watch from the hill (but that's an altogether different issue and so we won't get into details about that ;) )

covmark

Most disagree with the sixfielders but bear no grudges, and don't give them abuse. There's a very small minority that do give them abuse though unfortunately. Insults like scab etc, it's pretty boring tbh and it has been done to death on this forum. Just look at a few older threads, and you'll get the idea.

WestEndAgro

I think they are all spineless and have lost ALL self respect !

But you are not allowed to tell it how it is, so I retract that statement.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Stick around as Long as you like Gooner :)

There have been times where fans have had to agree to disagree over the issue.

I have family and friends who attend; I don't. I don't judge them for going and they don't judge me (I don't think ;) ).

They want to support the team, like I do, I just can't face attending a home game away from home. I'm happy to follow the team on the road, but for home games when there's no certainty of it being a temporary thing, I can't do it! That might change once concrete plans, location, and building works towards the 'new stadium' are available. But at the time minute, a few fancy pictures won't cut it for me.

I'm gutted the attendees are getting to see the football that I'm not; I certainly don't enjoy listening to home games on the radio.

I don't bear any grudge against the people going, although I don't understand the method of the fans who choose to watch from the hill (but that's an altogether different issue and so we won't get into details about that ;) )

Some people on the hill watch part of a game others dont watch any of a game. I can understand why people go in can't understand why of the ones that don't more don't protest

gooner

As an outsider what's your view of the situation?

I wont pretend to know everything but I do read and follow the fortunes of you from a distance, but if it was me I wouldn't go there tbh, the owners have to know that football is about the fans and without us it wouldn't exist, I support your boycott, I hope it works out in the end and I look forward to one day going to the ricoh with my dad for a premier league game ccfc v the arsenal .

Ashdown1

I think in short all those who refuse to go, wish very strongly that those who do go, didn't ! However it's a free country and despite the pressures a small percentage will always want to attend. Hopefully those that do, do so with a heavy heart knowing that the whole situation is very wrong !

Grendel

I think in short all those who refuse to go, wish very strongly that those who do go, didn't ! However it's a free country and despite the pressures a small percentage will always want to attend. Hopefully those that do, do so with a heavy heart knowing that the whole situation is very wrong !

I don't go and I don't have any desire that those who attend should not. So as usual you are wrong.

Grendel

Nobody gives a shit what you think anyway !!

Yet another unqualified remark and one which evidence significantly suggests otherwise.

Grendel

Bore off yet another copy and paste reply from you....

:sleep::sleep::sleep:

And one you had to reply to - whereas most of Ashdowns ranting a are forgotten and quickly end up in the recycle bin.

letsallsingtogether

You know Mr I'm so intelligent why won't anyone listen to me.
After all I'm on a 6 figure sum (probably in rupees not pounds).

Thinks Fish and fisher are the same person and hates the council got turned down for a dinner ladies job I believe.

OH I feel better now :D
Who:thinking about:

Grendel

FFS stop bickering.

It's Sunday night and that means the double act get together with some futile attempt at mockery. It happens every week.

As for Ashdowns nonsense that every fan who boycotts Sixfields does not want those who go to attend - that is a lie and needs exposing as such.

mark82

It's Sunday night and that means the double act get together with some futile attempt at mockery. It happens every week.

As for Ashdowns nonsense that every fan who boycotts Sixfields does not want those who go to attend - that is a lie and needs exposing as such.

To be honest I feel the same. I'm quite happy for people to go to Sixfields. At the end of the day everyone is doing what they think is right as an individual and most respect that.

Otis

I am sad that people have decided to go, but at the end of the day it is their choice.

Think it would be better and we would be totally united if no-one at all went to any 'home' games in Northampton.

The biggest worry for me is that of the club having success and the stayaways relenting and drifiting back bit by bit. If we were to get to stage where Sixfields was near to capacity I think that they would then be no rush whatsoever to come back home.

Grendel

Oh forgot about RFC and torch

Wingy, Otis, TommyDazzle, ohitsaidwalker, moff and even Valiant sit on the opposite side of the argument but I do respect their views and clearly there are others. Again you make a lazy, ill informed post as my disdain for RfC is very clear.

More nonsense from your keyboard.

letsallsingtogether

True and the attendees wouldn't care no matter what they say.
I don't believe Pete Chambers from Styvechale is in the minority who attend just says what they are scared to say.

I am sad that people have decided to go, but at the end of the day it is their choice.

Think it would be better and we would be totally united if no-one at all went to any 'home' games in Northampton.

The biggest worry for me is that of the club having success and the stayaways relenting and drifiting back bit by bit. If we were to get to stage where Sixfields was near to capacity I think that they would then be no rush whatsoever to come back home.

letsallsingtogether

Me lazy.....
Sorry but couldn't be further from the truth.

Just not a keyboard warrior like yourself.

Wingy, Otis, TommyDazzle, ohitsaidwalker, moff and even Valiant sit on the opposite side of the argument but I do respect their views and clearly there are others. Again you make a lazy, ill informed post as my disdain for RfC is very clear.

More nonsense from your keyboard.

ajsccfc

Can this forum ever have a thread where a Grendel post isn't greeted by a pile-on of stupidity? Fucking hell.

mark82

Can this forum ever have a thread where a Grendel post isn't greeted by a pile-on of stupidity? Fucking hell.

It's ridiculous. He can make the most sensible point in the world and everyone still piles on just because it's him.

Users who are viewing this thread