A sneaking suspicion..... (Monday Transfer Thread) (1 Viewer)

CovisGod

We might get one or two transfers over the line today, don't ask me why, or for a source, as I don't have one. Call it a gut feeling. Anybody else think we might draft one or two in today and if so who ?

Reactions: RFC

tom88

We might get one or two transfers over the line today, don't ask me why, or for a source, as I don't have one. Call it a gut feeling. Anybody else think we might draft one or two in today and if so who ?

I would like to say yes but I have had that feeling everyday since July 1st

Not holding my breath or hoping as the disappointment is not as bad. Any movement on transfers is then always a bonus

woody11462

I've got a feeling the Telegraph will put out a piece stating a signing is imminent and then nothing will happen.

Looks like Long is going to Bristol City on loan. Some outlets stating he turned us down (Twitter so take with a pinch of salt).

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I'm not paying any serious attention to rumours or Telegraph articles until the official website release a statement with pictures of any player holding up Sky Blue shirt as evidence.

I've learned my lesson...

Kingokings204

Couldn't agree more. Armstrong would of scored in the last two games for sure

Nick

Administrator
The worrying bit is strikers and attack is where we have brought players in already...

Kingokings204

The worrying bit is strikers and attack is where we have brought players in already...

Yes but sordell has been injured, George Thomas clearly isn't good enough or ready. Tuggy was left on the bench.

Is it any wonder we can't score?

We badly need an Armstrong fellow

RegTheDonk

Couldn't agree more. Armstrong would of scored in the last two games for sure
Believe hes come off the bench for the latter stages of their games. Lost both games, but would be interested to see if he's had any chances to score. He'll probably start a game soon if they keep this up...or be shipped out!

Liquid Gold

It's almost eerily quiet today compared to last week, maybe this means we're actually getting the deals done

CCFC_Charlie

Wasn't it supposed to be a "calculated risk" playing Willis and Ricketts at CB in the cup game vs Portsmouth? Well they're both about to play their 4 game in 11 days if we haven't signed someone before 12 today.

Captain Dart

Also seen it suggested on twitter they are buying him for 500 K...

That definitely isn't happening!

Only way SISU would put in that kind of money is if they could sell on with a guaranteed profit at Xmas.

Nick

Administrator
Isn't it the same account about him turning us down that said Ablongahor was signing?

no_loyalty

That definitely isn't happening!

Only way SISU would put in that kind of money is if they could sell on with a guaranteed profit at Xmas.

Bristol City buying Long for 500k, not us

rupert_bear

Although we do need a centre back I think Willis and Ricketts will do a job as long as they stay fit, but we need goals, forwards, let one goal in we probably won't win that's scary.

Esoterica

Although we do need a centre back I think Willis and Ricketts will do a job as long as they stay fit, but we need goals, forwards, let one goal in we probably won't win that's scary.
Has Ricketts got the legs for a full season though? I'm not sure he has. At least he shouldn't be required to play left or right back this year but I'm sceptical he can play 50 games without vanishing again.

better days

My guess is that forward(s) coming in will be loans from Premier League clubs. There are quite a few clubs with brilliant young strikers who are 5th or 6th choice and need to be playing men's football

Users who are viewing this thread