A team formed from a hybrid of managers (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

Murphy - AT

Christie - mainly schooled by AT
Martin - was it Press or Carsley
Edge - AT
Stewart -Carsley

Fleck -AT
Bailey -MR
Barton - AT
Moussa- MR
Baker - ? Was it Coleman?

Ball -AT

Wonder if we will ever have a majority signed by one manager.

CJparker

Baker and Bell are Coleman era. McSheffrey could go down either as Aidy or one of the managers from his previous spell - Reid maybe?

Gint11

That is now the reality of football these days. I can only think of Man utd, Everton and Arsenal who have kept 1 manager in recent years.

dongonzalos

Unlikely but if Pressley does have a plan of how football should be played. It would be nice if he could do at least three years.
He get to keep the ones in this squad who he can see playing the way he wants.
He gets to use the wages if those he does on free transfers and he gets to bring through the right kids who fit into his philosophy.

Grendel

Yes he did, hasn't he really learnt his trade though under AT until this season?

He has made significant progress now he has had a few months working with real managers.

dongonzalos

He needs to learn how to cross a ball, and when to take a man and when to cross.

It's strange that, myself and my friend the other day were admiring that technique behind his crossing. We were more disappointed that our strikers didn't seem to be on the wavelength of where the danger zone really is.

However when to cross is another matter I agree with you there

stupot07

It's strange that, myself and my friend the other day were admiring that technique behind his crossing. We were more disappointed that our strikers didn't seem to be on the wavelength of where the danger zone really is.

However when to cross is another matter I agree with you there

For someone who gets 5-6 opportunities to cross every match, his sole assist this season was from a diagonal to Clarke from the half way line. His crossing isn't the best, but was better than usual yesterday. Agree we need to get more men in the box though.

TheRoyalScam

Instead of just sacking managers, why not just demote them from 'manager' to 'player' and avoid paying compensation?;)

Then we could have a team of 'player managers':

Ogrizovic
Nilsson - Coleman - Curtis - Adams
Strachan - McAllister - Carsley
Black - Robins - Gould​

Subs: Sillett, Thorn, Reid, Neal, Dowie, Pressley, Heath

I'll get my coat.......

Nonleagueherewecome

Pressley's "beard"
Thorn's belly
Shaw's hair
Carsley's accent
Robins' Sky Blue Blood.

ampthill_sba

From the Coleman era and onwards we could have had:

Westwood
Fox
Christie
Dann
Turner
Gunnarsson
Norwood
Henderson
Baker
King
McGoldrick

That's a hybrid team that would make the Championship playoffs!!

Users who are viewing this thread