Aaron Martin (1 Viewer)

Ian1779

Fair play to him - it's not like he'll be earning shitloads more than that a week either.

Grendel

So clearly not all footballers meet the stereotype image. Not even premier footballers when one looks at the excellent way Keiron Dyer conducted himself on the celebrity programme.

covmark

So clearly not all footballers meet the stereotype image. Not even premier footballers when one looks at the excellent way Keiron Dyer conducted himself on the celebrity programme.

I believe he donated his fee to a stillbirth charity.

Samo

Well done that man!

Hobo

Ulises del la Cruz the ex Aston Villa player used to donate 10 per cent of his wages throughout his football career to a charity he set up. The charity was for the village he was born in, in one of the poorest parts of Ecuador. The charity funded a water supply and a local school amongst many other projects. In the close season he always went back to visit the village rather that jetting off to more exotic locations favoured by other Premier League Players.

Kevin Davies is another who has supported local community projects at every club he has been at....due to his poor background he never forgot that his football manager had to buy him his boots because his own parents could not afford them.

not all players have forgotten their roots.

Grendel

no_loyalty

Fair play to the lad, hopefully more of the squad will do the same

Rodders1

Ulises del la Cruz the ex Aston Villa player used to donate 10 per cent of his wages throughout his football career to a charity he set up. The charity was for the village he was born in, in one of the poorest parts of Ecuador. The charity funded a water supply and a local school amongst many other projects. In the close season he always went back to visit the village rather that jetting off to more exotic locations favoured by other Premier League Players.

Kevin Davies is another who has supported local community projects at every club he has been at....due to his poor background he never forgot that his football manager had to buy him his boots because his own parents could not afford them.

not all players have forgotten their roots.

I read this week that Zaha also donates 10% to charity.

Samo

Sing out for AM on Sunday?

harvey098

Very decent of him, he would probably be on the same kind of money as a lot of us on here, and I've never done anything like that!

tom88

Very decent of him, he would probably be on the same kind of money as a lot of us on here, and I've never done anything like that!

I highly doubt it - He would be on £1000-£1500 a week - I certainly don't earn that.

But still if its a weeks wages I have never donated my weeks wages so fair play to the lad.

Colin Steins Smile

Well done Aaron Martin. Especially when you consider that he's not on mega wages by football standards AND his career could end with an injury.

StevieM

A certain Welsh ex City player who is hated throughout the land also donates huge amounts of money to childrens charities.

A certain Welsh ex City player who is hated throughout the land also donates huge amounts of money to childrens charities.

Yep, Bellamy does some incredible work for charity, in fact there was a great programme on last year about the football foundation he set up in Sierra Leone.

On 6 May 2008 plans were announced for the Craig Bellamy Foundation in Sierra Leone.[SUP][105][/SUP] Bellamy first visited the formerly war-torn West African country in 2007 and has subsequently invested £1.4m of his own money[SUP][106][/SUP] to build a not-for-profit football academy in the Western Area Rural District village of Tombo where 32 boys receive an international standard education and elite-level football coaching for free. By positioning football alongside education[SUP][107][/SUP] the Craig Bellamy Foundation hopes to produce well-rounded young men with bright futures both on and off the pitch.

ajsccfc

I imagine most footballers are perfectly lovely and decent people, it's just nobody cares about that when they can read about the ones roasting prostitutes and running Ponzi schemes and the like.

Nick

Administrator
Would think the telegraph would want something happy and cheerful to report about? It's good news, for the hospital too.

mechaishida

Just seen the article on the CT, TM was there along with RCC, Madders, Lameiras, JOB and a few more. Nice to see them giving those unfortunate, poorly kids a load of freebies and photo opportunities.

Not to sound dramatic, but I just thank whatever God is up there that my two girls are healthy and happy. Just seeing those poor kids hooked up to machines and drips and bed-ridden is awful, to say the least.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Just seen the article on the CT, TM was there along with RCC, Madders, Lameiras, JOB and a few more. Nice to see them giving those unfortunate, poorly kids a load of freebies and photo opportunities.

Not to sound dramatic, but I just thank whatever God is up there that my two girls are healthy and happy. Just seeing those poor kids hooked up to machines and drips and bed-ridden is awful, to say the least.

Totally agree God bless & best wishes with all the kids in hospital especially at this time of year!

And again well done to Aaron on this fantastic donation, at first I thought it was a collective £1k from the squad & I thought fair play not a bad effort but for him to make that single donation is unbelievable, hopefully when the opening of the (beach scene in the entrance I think it is!?) Aaron is invited along to help open it.

Covbaker96

Well done Aaron Martin. Especially when you consider that he's not on mega wages by football standards AND his career could end with an injury.

You're most definitely right about not being on mega wages right now but i'm sure when he was at Southampton he was on at least double what he's on here.. + also like the fact that he made a comment: 'Defender Aaron Martin said: "I've always enjoyed the hospital visit during my time at the club and when I visited last year, I felt like I should try and do more.' i feel that he's slowly becoming part of the community and here for the long term, which in my eyes shows his commitment to the club

Users who are viewing this thread