Aaron Phillips Leaving (3 Viewers)

Gazolba

It's a shame, but he's not good enough, neither is lorentzson. <snip>

How many games has Lorentzson played for you to be judging him?

Littlewood CCFC

Yep, not good enough. Had that feeling for some time now.

My big worry is that TM sees Willis as a right back and possibly first choice right back. If that's to be the case that will severely hamper our attacking options down the right in terms of supporting young Jones.

Willis offers next to nothing going forwards. Both Phillips and Lorentzson got upfield and supported the attack.

Are you joking? Willis was superb before he got injured and i used to really dislike him as a footballer. Had improved massively and was a miss at right back for the rest of the season

stupot07

How many games has Lorentzson played for you to be judging him?
The ones I've seen him play, he's been here since mid December and managed what 6 or 7 appearances out of a possible 26-28. He turns 32 in the summer, he's not managed to force his way into the side, therefore is not good enough.

Hunts only made 4 appearances, do you think we've seen enough to judge or have an opinion on whether we should resign him or not?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

KersleyDigs

Yep, not good enough. Had that feeling for some time now.

My big worry is that TM sees Willis as a right back and possibly first choice right back. If that's to be the case that will severely hamper our attacking options down the right in terms of supporting young Jones.

Willis offers next to nothing going forwards. Both Phillips and Lorentzson got upfield and supported the attack.

Willis is a bloody good centre half and should play there!

stupot07

I was thinking about this, Mowbray made out on the radio thag he hadnt sponen to thr players yet, so if that's true i wonder whether Phillips has decided to reject a renewal anyway to move somewhere he will play week in week out. Just a thought

Otis

Willis is a bloody good centre half and should play there!

Agree. Don't think TM does though. Willis' distribution is not his strong point and for me he is a no nonsense defender there to win the ball and be big and strong in the penalty area.

covcity4life

I was thinking about this, Mowbray made out on the radio thag he hadnt sponen to thr players yet, so if that's true i wonder whether Phillips has decided to reject a renewal anyway to move somewhere he will play week in week out. Just a thought

Could be right. Makes sense

Also his dad seems to be a drama queen
Old.people shouldn't use social media

Adge

Didn't his dad go off on one before about him not playing?
Yes he did! Lets be honest, only reason he got the gig in the first place was because of his old man. Not good enough and like Connor Thomas has been hanging around like a bad smell for to long. Contributed massively to us not making the playoffs with handballs,penalties and kamikaze defending. Shut the door on your way out please;

chiefdave

He signed a 2 year contract in 2014, don't think he's signed an extension so his contract will be up.

If TM hasn't spoken to the players yet even if he's decided he doesn't want to stay its pretty unprofessional for his Dad to be posting it on social media.

Could be another one who thinks he's better than he is and will walk into another club. Seems to be a fair bit of that around.

steve82

Yes he did! Lets be honest, only reason he got the gig in the first place was because of his old man. Not good enough and like Connor Thomas has been hanging around like a bad smell for to long. Contributed massively to us not making the playoffs with handballs,penalties and kamikaze defending. Shut the door on your way out please;

Bit unfair that, to get a career off the back of your old man. Stuff like that happens in the work place. Not getting 3 pro contracts in football. Sure the lads made his mistakes but still learning having only played 70 odd games in his career.

Galey

Was worthy of a new deal. When he had a consistent run in the side he was beginning to show some consistency himself (shock horror), he's been woefully managed by Mowbray and it wouldn't surprise me if he turned a new deal down to progress elsewhere, it's clear Mowbray doesn't rate the kid.
I agree very badly treated by Mogga he did make a great error against Burton and was left out of the squad for weeks. In the following game Ricketts made two errors both resulting in goals. Phillips has done great since returning to the team, lovely assist yesterday for the third goal. Up to the Burton game Phillips had started in 12 games and we won 5 drew 5 and lost 2. Look at the results since he returned to the squad. Imagine the partnership Phillips and Jones could develop down the right side next season. Mogga outlined all of the qualities he seeks in a player and Phillips has those qualities. He is an academy kid of 14 years and had he been handled correctly this season he would have progressed further. Give him a new contract he cares for this Club unlike most of them. How many would have made that header yesterday that won the ball and laid out the United player. That is commitment for our team. Give him a new contract with a 20% increase in ticket prices on the way we can afford it!

Thanks Aaron you did a great job and very best wishes for the future you will have a great career just wish it was with your team the Sky Blues

Adge

The MacSheffrey one will be along in a minute!

The Lurker

Phillips was solid enough and made some great runs going forward. I remember his great goal against wolves. Hate to say, mowbary messed with the poor kid head. Yet other players who made plenty of mistakes kept there place. Bad man management but not the first time under mowbary look at job

SkyBlue_Bear83

Is it really bad management though? Whether Mowbray rates him or wants to keep him on or not is irrelevant to whether it is bad management.

He took him out of the team when Phillips was having a torrid time and making costly mistakes every week, now with the pressure off a bit he has slowly brought him back into the side and he looks a much better player now than he did earlier in the season.

steve82

TM did not poorly manage him, he protected him if anything. Mistakes were increasing so he took him out. How many people on here were wanting him out the team at that point.
If anything previous managers have poorly managed him and his career.

joemercersaces

Totally unfair on the lad. Football is a ruthless professional business with very little sentiment. He was good enough to get a contract, end of. Everyone makes mistakes and Aaron has probably suffered by comparison to a cup winning dad rather than exploiting it. Header yesterday and flick on for the third goal were class. Sorry to see him leave, if he does.

shmmeee

Not good enough to be first choice RB next season and we have Willis who needs games even if not at CB and Kelly-Evans coming through. If his wages go to another kid in the U21s with more potential (like this lad from Strachan's academy up front) then it's worthwhile. No room for sentiment in football I'm afraid when you've got our budget.

I expect Lorentzson will not be renewed and we'll bring in another RB. Let Aaron go and start his career proper somewhere in L2 where he'll play every week.

Users who are viewing this thread