According to Walsall manager... (1 Viewer)

Otis

No, I'm not a SISU supporter and yes if we are at the Ricoh I will buy my season ticket and support the team for the coming season as I have for the last forty. With posters like yourself there is always the insinuation that we "don't care" and are "scabs" and not "real fans". People go on about SISU dividing fans. You're not doing such a bad job yourself.

So just because you don't want SISU here you hope they don't play the Ricoh? What about the thousands that do? Freedom of choice.

You know, I've never smoked, can't stand it, hate the smell, but do I want it banned so no one can do it? No. Again, freedom of choice. Get over it.

I dislike Tim Fisher a lot more than I dislike Sisu.

I seriously think the bloke should step down and that Sisu put up a more acceptable, understanding face to front the fans.

All Fisher does is make the rift greater and I don't think anyone now trusts a single thing that comes out of his mouth.

torchomatic

I missed the word "Fisher" out of my sentence, "Fisher the one with the most face to lose."

To be honest I'm sick to death of people like you saying I "don't care" because I'm supporting my team.

Because the fans would have been lied to!!!! And all this time wasted on not selling season tickets.

You 'don't care' that might have alienated thousands of fans? :facepalm:

torchomatic

Who mentioned like or dislike of Fisher. Not me. Fisher has caused riffs but so have many on here calling people "scabs" and "scum" for saying they will support CCFC next season regardless of where they are. We are told time and time again that the only people on here with real morals are the anti-SISU fans because they are standing up for what they believe in, not taking it lying down, etc. Well, it's those very fans who are making the situation worse with their "it's my way or the highway" attitude. It's becoming very tiresome.

I seriously think the bloke should step down and that Sisu put up a more acceptable, understanding face to front the fans.

All Fisher does is make the rift greater and I don't think anyone now trusts a single thing that comes out of his mouth.

torchomatic

Be much better if we liquidated CCFC, took over Nuneaton and moved them into the Ricoh, wouldn't it? Everybody would be happy. Well, not the Nuneaton fans, but who cares about them, eh?

Not to sure you can say everyone.

Myself and from what I have seen quite a few have wrote Walsall (or wherever)

Maybe you should just listen to the club who are telling you they intend to move away for 3 years.

Does it matter if it is Walsall or Birmingham?

Otis

Who mentioned like or dislike of Fisher. Not me. Fisher has caused riffs but so have many on here calling people "scabs" and "scum" for saying they will support CCFC next season regardless of where they are. We are told time and time again that the only people on here with real morals are the anti-SISU fans because they are standing up for what they believe in, not taking it lying down, etc. Well, it's those very fans who are making the situation worse with their "it's my way or the highway" attitude. It's becoming very tiresome.

Wasn't aimed at you Torch. You mentioned the disliking of Sisu and I just picked up on that and I was just saying how I personally feel against Tim Fisher.

I have never supported Sisu, but at the same time never been truly against them either.

I dislike them more and more now though and that has very much been down to all the stuff Fisher has been saying and the disdain he has shown for fans.

I find him arrogant, smarmy and smug.

dongonzalos

Be much better if we liquidated CCFC, took over Nuneaton and moved them into the Ricoh, wouldn't it? Everybody would be happy. Well, not the Nuneaton fans, but who cares about them, eh?

Yep would be much better definitely chose that as my first option and that is exactly what I said.

Sometimes it is quite obvious when someone is struggling in a debate......

SBS

I agree to an extent. I won't follow CCFC out of Coventry. To me, they're not representing Coventry anymore. If they're at The Ricoh however, I'll still go. If people are furious that we might be leaving, only not to go if we stay, then IMO they are being hypocritical.

Edit: for what it's worth though, I think Fisher has to go. He's pissed off too many people.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

I missed the word "Fisher" out of my sentence, "Fisher the one with the most face to lose."

To be honest I'm sick to death of people like you saying I "don't care" because I'm supporting my team.

In fairness, you're saying 'who cares' so long as we end up at the Ricoh this coming season.

You're bound to get pulled up for such statements. Fans would have been lied to by the CEO of the business running the club, and people would have been messed about, and supporters alienated because what? He wanted to deceive?

Less supporters will mean less revenues, which directly equate to less spend on the squad.

If that's though financial necessity, then so be it. But when it's because of one person's inability to tell the truth and you glibly say 'who cares'; then live with the consequences

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Fisher is going to look really silly if it does have to be the Ricoh after consistently saying we won't be playing there again.

He should have left all options open and said that the club would love to play at the Ricoh but were unable to do so, rather than show such intransigence.

I gave this a like coz it's not often that the word "intransigence" is used on these forums! :p

torchomatic

I tell you what I think. I think the majority of fans - not just the few of us on here - but the majority of fans do not care as long as we stay at the Ricoh and we have a Coventry City Football Club to support.

And you glibly say "I don't agree with it and everyone should feel the same as me". No one does. The majority want to watch their football team play at the Ricoh and I'm in that minority and if it pisses you off, then so be it.

In fairness, you're saying 'who cares' so long as we end up at the Ricoh this coming season.

You're bound to get pulled up for such statements. Fans would have been lied to by the CEO of the business running the club, and people would have been messed about, and supporters alienated because what? He wanted to deceive?

Less supporters will mean less revenues, which directly equate to less spend on the squad.

If that's though financial necessity, then so be it. But when it's because of one person's inability to tell the truth and you glibly say 'who cares'; then live with the consequences

Otis

I agree to an extent. I won't follow CCFC out of Coventry. To me, they're not representing Coventry anymore. If they're at The Ricoh however, I'll still go. If people are furious that we might be leaving, only not to go if we stay, then IMO they are being hypocritical.

Edit: for what it's worth though, I think Fisher has to go. He's pissed off too many people.

Exactly. He has been saying all the wrong things. If he had trodden a more careful and cautious path and tried not to alienate everyone then maybe he would have placated a few more fans.

He could have said;

'We would love to stay at the Ricoh but we are unable to do so because of the situation and this is why we feel we need to play elsewhere.'

'Talk to ACL? I am happy to sit down and have meaningful conversations with all parties concerned.'

'I fully understand how painful this must feel to supporters who believe we are taking their football club away from them. This is why I urge ACL and the council to enter into meaningful dialogue so we can find a conclusion that will suit all parties. We have to look at alternatives as a contingency, but trust me, we want to stay here and play at the Ricoh in Coventry, but the business model has to be sustainable. We need to sit down and thrash this out once and for all.'

If he talked like that then I think fans will be a lot more accepting of the situation.

Think we pretty much all agree, ACL, the council and Sisu ALL have to sit round the same table and sort this mess out. There has to be a way to stay here in Coventry and play at the Ricoh and for Sisu to be in receipt of match day revenues.

There has to.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

And you glibly say "I don't agree with it and everyone should feel the same as me". No one does. The majority want to watch their football team play at the Ricoh and I'm in that minority and if it pisses you off, then so be it.

No, don't try and twist it. We all want CFC to play in Coventry, and right now, the Ricoh is the only viable option. As such, all bar the insane want CCFC at the Ricoh next season.

What gets me is that Fisher is being deliberately evasive as to where football will be played next season; and that vagueness - for whatever end game - will cost us fans, and therefore income. And you simply offer 'who cares'.

I don't castigate anyone who wants to see their team at the Ricoh next season; so don't try and turn it that way. I have no time for those who won't give Fisher's stance the criticism it deserves; as ultimately it will cost the football club most dear

Evo1883

i am going to go back on my word ,if ccfc play at the ricoh next season i WILL go,having thought about the whole situation over the last 24 hours i genuinely just want to watch football,however with sisu in charge i see no other way but down for city in the near future
Apologies to anybody i may have mocked over the last 24 hours

torchomatic

I'm saying the majority don't care. The majority aren't militant. The majority want to see their team play at the Ricoh. The majority don't care if it's Richardson or SISU or Mickey Mouse in charge.

As you say you have no time for people who don't share your opinion.

No, don't try and twist it. We all want CFC to play in Coventry, and right now, the Ricoh is the only viable option. As such, all bar the insane want CCFC at the Ricoh next season.

What gets me is that Fisher is being deliberately evasive as to where football will be played next season; and that vagueness - for whatever end game - will cost us fans, and therefore income. And you simply offer 'who cares'.

I don't castigate anyone who wants to see their team at the Ricoh next season; so don't try and turn it that way. I have no time for those who won't give Fisher's stance the criticism it deserves; as ultimately it will cost the football club most dear

Greggs

i am going to go back on my word ,if ccfc play at the ricoh next season i WILL go,having thought about the whole situation over the last 24 hours i genuinely just want to watch football,however with sisu in charge i see no other way but down for city in the near future
Apologies to anybody i may have mocked over the last 24 hours

apology accepted

SkyBlueUkeman

Bang on. He's an utter slime ball.

Steve.B50

DaleM , I agree with Simple.
The ground is not owned by the club, the owner does not care who playes at the stadium or what happens to the pitch.
The Manager can moan and complain to who ever he wants the guy who owns the stadium will just want as much as he can get from as many people as he wants.

wingy

The ground is not owned by the club, the owner does not care who playes at the stadium or what happens to the pitch.
The Manager can moan and complain to who ever he wants the guy who owns the stadium will just want as much as he can get from as many people as he wants.
according to him in the CT he's been told from above.

chiefdave

It's similar to the setup at the Ricoh in that the club don't own the freehold but they do own the lease so I would assume any deal for us to play there would have to be made with WFC and if their manager has been told it isn't happening then I would be inclined to think he's right. They didn't even play their reserve games there last season as the pitch was in such a bad state so I can't see them thinking it's going to stand up to twice as many games this season.

YamYam

Why is this news to anybody?

I've been telling you this for weeks. There is just no way that the board of Walsall FC - who enjoy taking the moral high ground in the way the club is run - would have anything to do with this.

If Muse had succeeded in burning down the Ricoh, the club would have been interested in talking as a way of 'doing the right thing'; but not in the circumstances where a multi-billion-pound-worth hedge fund doesn't want to pay its agreed rent.

Paxman II

I agree Fisher has not handled his side of things too well. How much of it though is just relaying what he is told?
Otium are a new company that have bid and won CCFC Ltd and to that end are free to negotiate with ACL about a Ricoh deal temporary or otherwise.
I sincerely hope they are doing that and if ACL have any brains at all they would be requesting a meeting and thrashing out a deal for a new 12 month rent free period (match day fees expenses to apply of course) with further talks on the Ricoh stadium long term to take place during this period. These talks should be about a long term deal on the stadium, it's income streams and ownership. Would SISU then suspend any plan for building a new stadium? Yes I'm sure they would. Does that mean that SISU will have ground down the opposition and won? Yes but so what! What ever they do they need a stadium before they can sell and I prefer they had a 99 year lease on the Ricoh to transfer than a freehold new build. if as reported Haskell is still vying for a slice of the Ricoh then the saga will only get worse again.
Joe and Hoff may have good intentions and all that but they fail consistently to do anything beneficial for our club if the truth be known.

Last edited:
J

Jack Griffin

I agree Fisher has not handled his side of things too well. How much of it though is just relaying what he is told?
Otium are a new company that have bid and won CCFC Ltd and to that end are free to negotiate with ACL about a Ricoh deal temporary or otherwise.
I sincerely hope they are doing that and if ACL have any brains at all they would be requesting a meeting and thrashing out a deal for a new 12 month rent free period (match day fees expenses to apply of course) with further talks on the Ricoh stadium long term to take place during this period. These talks should be about a long term deal on the stadium, it's income streams and ownership. Would SISU then suspend any plan for building a new stadium? Yes I'm sure they would. Does that mean that SISU will have ground down the opposition and won? Yes but so what! What ever they do they need a stadium before they can sell and I prefer they had a 99 year lease on the Ricoh to transfer than a freehold new build. if as reported Haskell is still vying for a slice of the Ricoh then the saga will only get worse again.
Joe and Hoff may have good intentions and all that but they fail consistently to do anything beneficial for our club if the truth be known.

What f***ing planet are you on? It is just another SISU vehicle that has been around since they changed tack & decided on the strip 'em down approach, its directors are the same as those of CCFC(holdings) Ltd & Sky Blue Sports and Leisure.. essentially there is no difference in any of them.. except CCFC Ltd which has outstanding contracts with ACL (& I think CCFC(H) Ltd has one with them too for office space rental, which I presume they're breaking too as they moved registered address a few days back).

Last edited by a moderator:

simple_simon

You are not serious, even I would not write such crap.

Paxman II

I think you miss the point gentlemen. I'm fully aware who Otium are! That does not change the facts. Some of you need to come out of the domesticated world you live in and try hard to understand the corporate world. What happens next is down to how the 'sides' can still patch a deal together I would have thought.
I could be wrong and fisher announce a ground share in days but I sincerely hope I'm not as that would be difficult to accept but not entirely inevitable all the same.

SkyBlueSwiss

I think you miss the point gentlemen. I'm fully aware who Otium are! That does not change the facts. Some of you need to come out of the domesticated world you live in and try hard to understand the corporate world. What happens next is down to how the 'sides' can still patch a deal together I would have thought.
I could be wrong and fisher announce a ground share in days but I sincerely hope I'm not as that would be difficult to accept but not entirely inevitable all the same.

I understand the corporate world very well Paxman, as do many others on this forum with a different opinion to yours. I have been working in it internationally for over 40 years, so please try not to be so condescending and pretend that you are the only one with such knowledge. And it is you that is missing the point.
I do not know where you are coming from and why you post the rubbish that you do, but you are not fooling anyone. You try to come across as the erudite and unbiased person of calm, but you fail miserably.
You will be going to support your club no matter what. Great - you are entitled to do that. Others look beyond just the football and see something dirty and nasty. They believe they see something that will ultimately anyway kill their club, and decide differently. They decide to do something about it.
So you just go on your merry little way while others do what they deem to be necessary.

Last edited:

dongonzalos

I understand the corporate world very well Paxman, as do many others on this forum with a different opinion to yours. I have been working in it internationally for over 40 years, so please try not to be so condescending and pretend that you are the only one with such knowledge. And it is you that is missing the point.
I do not know where you are coming from and why you post the rubbish that you do, but you are not fooling anyone. You try to come across as the erudite and unbiased person of calm, but you fail miserably.
You will be going to support your club no matter what. Great - you are entitled to do that. Others look beyond just the football and see something dirty and nasty. They believe they see something that will ultimately anyway kill their club, and decide differently. They decide to do something about it.
So you just go on your merry little way while others do what they deem to be necessary.

It will take inner strength for someone who goes week in week out and is not phased by the travel to make a stance. It would be easier to go and support them ( I would imagine)

Users who are viewing this thread