Match Thread Accrington Stanley - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 14th Oct (2 Viewers)

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

He got took out yes but didn’t need treatment. I think he was going off whether he went down or not
I hope you're right .

DannyThomas_1981

He's an old mate of mine Grendel - goes everywhere, is as passionate as anyone I've ever met about the City, and has the largest collection of CCFC memorabilia going. He's moaning because he cares (not because he's a moaner). Also - he will have had a few beers!!

Great to hear about this passion. But your mate really doesn't know much about football - and perhaps should not phone in with rubbish after being on the ale all day. Just a suggestion. Being a super fan doesn't involve slamming the team after an unjust defeat.

Gazolba

Look at it this way, if Robins gives Ponticelli 5 minutes in every game, it'll only take 18 games for him to play a full 90 minutes.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Robins has just said he's disappointed again ffs .

SBT

Only seven teams in the league have scored fewer goals than us. Such a weird season already.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Robins

Disappointing

When you concede first it puts you on the back foot

We look at it and know exactly how we want to play it

Once we got to grips we go a goal down

Huffed and puffed

Main problem is scoring and getting results away from home

Some decent balls into box but not putting them away

So grateful for Tuesdays game

Kelly’s loss is huge but have to live with it

Other teams have to go through similar

Kelly travelled as trained yesterday to try and make the game. But didn’t make it and was a big miss

When you lose 1-0 in an away game but have a bigger following than Home team is disappointing

Kelly is considerable pain through bruising. If settles down can look to play him Tuesday but no guarantees

Duck always looks likely to score

Can talk about bits and pieces - was there a penalty there? Biamou when he went down

Disappointing as not scored again

Forest Green will try and park the bus and counter; put the onus on us

We’ve proven we can score goals; one of them need a break

Second half Accy didn’t created much

Had we been on the front foot we’d have not been behind

Kit was fine - we could see alright!

Strikers are hoping they’ll score but they have to make it happen

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Robins , we need more goals , no shit sherlock !!!

Brighton Sky Blue

To be fair, making up over half the crowd doesn't win games.

Robins needs to sort it out, were setup all wrong today and strange subs.

Ponticelli on 85 is pointless as it was last week, there's no point then.

I agree but my comment is more about expectations. The crowds are a reflection of respective budgets at our disposal and with that in mind we shouldn't be struggling against nearly anyone in this league.

Marty

Mostly rubbish today, Doyle was awful. I'd drop Kelly Evans for Haynes if he's fit. Probably give nazon a rest too for McNulty and bring back Kelly,

Brighton Sky Blue

Where did I say it was expecting too much?
I said cov fans expect us to win just by our name alone. We don’t have a god given right to beat anyone in this league. We are going to have to grind out a result every game. We didn’t today. That’s called football.
Just because we are a big city and a team that has played in the top division, doesn’t subtract from the reality we are a league 2 football team with a league 2 budget. End of.

I didn't talk about name but I did talk about crowds for a reason. We have one of the league's biggest budgets and should be expecting more from the team against clubs pulling in 2-3k.

We have got to demand more and aim higher.

play_in_skyblue_stripes

I agree but my comment is more about expectations. The crowds are a reflection of respective budgets at our disposal and with that in mind we shouldn't be struggling against nearly anyone in this league.

Actual backing for the team by those in ground was truly poor. I am militant anti SISU and not one of the "get behind the lads" of the SISU Northampton days.

But fellow supporters, please realise we have a better chance of winning or drawing for that matter if you back the team vocally. Yes times are dreadful and first half quite poor, but come on and get behind the team. Would Portsmouth or Leeds be like this?
Totally outsung by home support who actually had less fans.
People more bothered about day out or moaning that cheering team on.

SISU OUT, but supportets at least try and offer some encouragement !!!

JimmyHillsbeard

Yes DKE and stokes were very very poor. Biamou really did nothing today and duck did little. All in all an awful display.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biamou was our best player today (or least worst perhaps). Won almost every header but no one there to pick up his flicks. Denied a v good shout for a penalty but I admit he never ever looked like scoring.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
To be fair SPN put the score up as 1-1 and DID announce that Defoe had scored.
BBC also said same, but retracted the info after a couple of minutes blaming a "computer glitch"! What? The computer was watching the game and thought it saw Defoe score a goal? I want one of those!!

skybluegod

I didn't talk about name but I did talk about crowds for a reason. We have one of the league's biggest budgets and should be expecting more from the team against clubs pulling in 2-3k.

We have got to demand more and aim higher.

We are probably in the top 7 for budget not top. So we are about right in terms of league position.
I’m not saying not to demand more, I’m saying not to underestimate teams because we have a big name and a big stadium. We are in league two for a reason. Accrington, have been building their team for a couple seasons. Our team was almost entirely brought in this season. Clearly going to take time to become the finished article, and we are going to lose games like this.
On crowds going by your logic, we should beat all the teams in this division.

johnwillomagic

I'm struggling to see who has higher budget than us in this league.....Mansfield/Luton maybe but maybe not? Think we have top 3 budget in this league in all probability
certainly a bigger budget than Accrington who we have just lost to and are now higher in the league than us.....

Covstu

A poor performance today, created few chances and didn't take them. Not sure where we go with our front lot, concerned that we will pile pressure on ponticelli as the answer to our prayers (and then equally shoot him down if he doesn't score).

I would be more concerned if we were not creating anything like last year as I think we will click at some point. The moment we stop creating, then get concerned

Covstu

I'm struggling to see who has higher budget than us in this league.....Mansfield/Luton maybe but maybe not? Think we have top 3 budget in this league in all probability
certainly a bigger budget than Accrington who we have just lost to and are now higher in the league than us.....
Notts county?

Super Graham Withey

I think Andreu's injury was a big blow. Robins tried to play it down at the time but he possibly is a player at League 2 level with that little bit of creative spark we are missing. I don't think the strikers are to blame, we're just not creating enough. Doyle and Kelly look to be the same player, they are both very defensive midfielders. We have Jones on the left but if Robins is going to persist with Doyle and Kelly (and I think he will) then I think he is going to need some pace and attacking threat wide right. I'm not sure Vincenti or Devon Kelly Evans are the answer and I think he may try McNulty wide right.

Otis

I think Andreu's injury was a big blow. Robins tried to play it down at the time but he possibly is a player at League 2 level with that little bit of creative spark we are missing. I don't think the strikers are to blame, we're just not creating enough. Doyle and Kelly look to be the same player, they are both very defensive midfielders. We have Jones on the left but if Robins is going to persist with Doyle and Kelly (and I think he will) then I think he is going to need some pace and attacking threat wide right. I'm not sure Vincenti or Devon Kelly Evans are the answer and I think he may try McNulty wide right.
Has he ever played there before? We need someone for sure. Jones gets triple marked at times.

As has been suggested before a number of times, maybe Haynes can go wide left in front of Stokes, with Jones wide right.

Users who are viewing this thread