ACL cock up? (1 Viewer)

Otis

Byng On Why He Withdrew

Michael Byng has cited the actions of Arena Coventry Limited as one of the reasons that his Chinese investors pulled out of an indicative bid for Coventry City Football Club Ltd.
Byng told the Coventry Telegraph's Les Reid: "The Chinese are looking to get involved with the Ricoh Arena and football club but not in the middle of the argument,

"They were extremely dissatisfied with that was going on.
"The reason they withheld their indicative bid was that they didn't understand what was going on - they didn't understand ACL's motives for making an indicative bid. They had understood ACL wanted to sell the Ricoh Arena."

Mr Byng maintains that his investors are still interested in talks at a later stage providing the football club is still playing at the Ricoh Arena.

sky blue john

byng what load of bollocks all he was after was publicity for the rail link contract. I hope it goes to a British firm now.

Nick

Administrator
Didn't he tell the fella from the CET last week that he had sent over an indicative bid but now saying he hasn't?

Otis

Didn't he tell the fella from the CET last week that he had sent over an indicative bid but now saying he hasn't?

He indicated he was going to send over an indicative bid, but that indication was wrong. He therefore didn't send over an indicative bid.

Which is indicative of him.

fernandopartridge

Byng On Why He Withdrew

Michael Byng has cited the actions of Arena Coventry Limited as one of the reasons that his Chinese investors pulled out of an indicative bid for Coventry City Football Club Ltd.
Byng told the Coventry Telegraph's Les Reid: "The Chinese are looking to get involved with the Ricoh Arena and football club but not in the middle of the argument,

"They were extremely dissatisfied with that was going on.
"The reason they withheld their indicative bid was that they didn't understand what was going on - they didn't understand ACL's motives for making an indicative bid. They had understood ACL wanted to sell the Ricoh Arena."

Mr Byng maintains that his investors are still interested in talks at a later stage providing the football club is still playing at the Ricoh Arena.

I find that difficult to believe. The prospect of ACL bidding was only made public at the 11th hour. I would be surprised if they'd shared that intention with Byng.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
when has ACL ever said that they want to sell the Ricoh ?

Thought it was the shares in 50% of ACL that were on offer?

what is to misunderstand ?

as ls says above seems little more than Byng self publicity

Sbsam

Raising a question though. Why did ACL make the indicative bid then withdraw?

Apologies if this has been covered before

RegTheDonk

I thought he was 'checking his emails'?

Sounds a load of cobblers doesn't it?

Global communication at the speed of light, you would have though "Blyng" could have picked up the phone and asked his backers "dont forget to send that email".

God help the rail network if he gets his way.

torchomatic

How very dare he! I now look forward to the feint hearts on here defending ACL to the death.

To be honest, I thought their stunt of stating they would bid and then not doing so as being a stupid thing to do. Couldn't see the point of that, but no doubt someone will be along to tell me that it was a "good" thing.

rupert_bear

Shades of Joe Dhinsa about this Byng fella. Now saying he may get back involved once the new owner is known. So will i if i find out Bill Gates is a long lost uncle.

Nick

Administrator
How very dare he! I now look forward to the feint hearts on here defending ACL to the death.

To be honest, I thought their stunt of stating they would bid and then not doing so as being a stupid thing to do. Couldn't see the point of that, but no doubt someone will be along to tell me that it was a "good" thing.

I don't think it is about defending ACL, it is guy saying he sent a bid and now saying he didn't because of ACL? I'd think the same if it was Sisu he was blaming for not bidding, after he said he had sent a bid.

J

Jack Griffin

This stage requires proof of funds, so if you haven't any funding you can't participate.

torchomatic

Nick, I realise that, but he is criticizing ACL and that is something that really goes against the grain on here. Remember the outpouring of emotion when Robins criticized the council. That set a few pulses racing.

Moff

As I said on another thread, Byng couldnt put in a bid as he was in his loft pretending to be Station master playing with his train set.

'All aboard the self publicity train' said Byng, 'Choo Choo!'

Samo

To be honest, I thought their stunt of stating they would bid and then not doing so as being a stupid thing to do. Couldn't see the point of that, but no doubt someone will be along to tell me that it was a "good" thing.[/QUOTE]

Well it won't be me. I've defended ACL a number of times but I thought this stunt was stupid and unhelpful. About as mature as tying balloons to someone's car in fact.

Bill Glazier

I wouldn't be surprised if we find Byng and SISU are, how can I put it, connected. So connected, that in a bad light, they might look like the same entity.

Grendel

byng what load of bollocks all he was after was publicity for the rail link contract. I hope it goes to a British firm now.

Are you sponsored by ACL?

torchomatic

Astute

Is that what ruled ACL out then??

So how are SISU still in it?

They couldn't afford to pay their bills so chose admin instead. You are not supposed to choose admin to not pay bills if you can afford them.

torchomatic

It helps if someone can give you £14M, I suppose.

They couldn't afford to pay their bills so chose admin instead. You are not supposed to choose admin to not pay bills if you can afford them.

Astute

But how do they explain that they can't pay their bills but can pay much more to take us forward?

fernandopartridge

But how do they explain that they can't pay their bills but can pay much more to take us forward?

Because 'they' who didn't pay their bills are CCFC Ltd.

'They' who have made a bid for the club are associated with the SISU Capital Ltd investment fund - there is limited evidence that SISU cannot pay its bills.

Samo

Because 'they' who didn't pay their bills are CCFC Ltd.

'They' who have made a bid for the club are associated with the SISU Capital Ltd investment fund - there is limited evidence that SISU cannot pay its bills.

I thought this kind of shit was made illegal years ago? Are companys allowed to use this 'we are two seperate companies' lie and the admin process to dump thier debts and then carry on and do it again? Really?

Users who are viewing this thread