ACL cock up? (1 Viewer)

Tank Top

Maybe if this is the case, It could be that ACL have done us a really good turn, I didn't like the.." Yes we will..No we Won't" attitude, and I was not comfortable, with the Idea that we would be under the control of oriental speculators Laundering Cash from untraceable Sources through the books of CCFC, we are now in a
vulnerable position , and I see no reason to "Jump from the frying Pan into the fire" they had to pass the scrutiny of Mr Appleton anyway, in any event the Consortium's bid was never lodged, and it was all the Councils fault again, "thats a surprise"

cofastreecity

Sadly Mr Byng is only interested in trains, he has never had any interest in any deal and his backers are as invisible as Joy Seppala. Lets not waste any time with Mr Byng.

torchomatic

I wonder why property tycoon Preston Haskell IV is really interested? The Club or the stadium?

Sadly Mr Byng is only interested in trains, he has never had any interest in any deal and his backers are as invisible as Joy Seppala. Lets not waste any time with Mr Byng.

Last edited:

Grendel

I wonder why property tycoon Preston Haskell IV is really interested in? The Club or the stadium?

The club he loves it. Apparently when on holiday in the uk as a small boy he saw us get thumped 6 nil at Everton. Thing was he fell in love with the chocolate brown strip and even wanted an Ian Wallace bubble perm.

singers_pore

Believe me ... you definitely don't want those Malaysians / Singaporeans running the club. They would be as bad as SISU.

torchomatic

SkyBlueUkeman

I wonder why property tycoon Preston Haskell IV is really interested? The Club or the stadium?

He is probably interested in the stadium too, granted. But at least he is going the right way about it, actually putting in a bid to buy at least half of it was well as the 'Club'.

Ripbuster

Bying apparently told SL that he had put in a bid,the man is a fantasist.

The "play for free" offer by ACL was there for Sisu to turn down.

ACL submitting indicative bid was/is still a shrewd move,they learnt a lot by the action,ACL have their preferred bidder..as have the F.A THE F.l the CCC and Sisu.

All the same person/s.......Bring on the ticker tape,theres a parade coming :wave:

6 Generations

ACL submitting indicative bid was/is still a shrewd move,they learnt a lot by the action,ACL have their preferred bidder..as have the F.A THE F.l the CCC and Sisu.

All the same person/s.......Bring on the ticker tape,theres a parade coming :wave:

Will we be requiring marching bands, batons and cheerleaders for this parade?

Samo

All the same person/s.......Bring on the ticker tape,theres a parade coming
:wave:

At the risk of sounding a bit dense... Could you expand on this please and maybe be a bit less mysterious? What did they learn?

dongonzalos

Byng On Why He Withdrew

Michael Byng has cited the actions of Arena Coventry Limited as one of the reasons that his Chinese investors pulled out of an indicative bid for Coventry City Football Club Ltd.
Byng told the Coventry Telegraph's Les Reid: "The Chinese are looking to get involved with the Ricoh Arena and football club but not in the middle of the argument,

"They were extremely dissatisfied with that was going on.
"The reason they withheld their indicative bid was that they didn't understand what was going on - they didn't understand ACL's motives for making an indicative bid. They had understood ACL wanted to sell the Ricoh Arena."

Mr Byng maintains that his investors are still interested in talks at a later stage providing the football club is still playing at the Ricoh Arena.

Yet he said he had submitted a bid but it got lost?

Paxman II

Perhaps you will stop backing these self publicising clowns. Most on here want to believe anything that is not coming from SISU. Just sayin'...

mattylad

Neither the stories of Byng or ACL were genuine or honest in this matter and I am glad neither will have power over the playing side of the club

Johnnythespider

His bid may have got lost on the ethernet, but he was surprised when an hour after sending it a chinese man knocked his front door with a set menu banquet for four.

duffer

First up, I've got serious doubts about what Byng says. If he was the person fronting up the bid, then wouldn't he also be the person who sent the bid to the Administrator? Every he says from that point on is tainted, to my mind, so him blaming ACL for his own failures is a bit rich, imho.

As for ACL putting in an indicative bid, why not?

It's clear from the Administrator's report that he's been favouring SISU (which is why they wanted their administrator in rather than ACL's). The suggestion that it was the rent on the arena dragging CCFC Ltd down, rather than the £60m of debt loaded onto the non-trading entiity including the £10m floating charge from ARVO is frankly risible. So who could blame ACL for wanting to stay as close to the bidding process as possible, in the hope of wringing a bit more information out of it. Appleton seems to have done the very minimum necessary to his role and has brought confusion rather than clarity to the whole thing - witness the farce of the golden share.

There was perhaps also the possibility that the only other bid might have been SISU's, in which case ACL would have been kicking themselves if they left it wide open.

Anyone accusing ACL of dishonesty should look again at how SISU have run the club. Rent strikes, secretly moving assets, pretending there's no debt, threatening to liquidate, moving the team out of Coventry etc. etc., if you want to start looking at dishonesty I'd begin with some of that stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread